GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you ready for your death?

year2027

God first

Beloved T-Bone

God loves you my dear friend

I glad you like this tread because I hope it helps us prepare better

"thoughts about my death have significantly changed since I left TWI…Am I ready?" - thoughts have changed for me since TWI too and I am ready now too

"I'm as much afraid of death as I am of a slow, utterly painful death " -- while I handle pain well I want a fast death in my sleep

yes -- "I mean to say that self-doubts, realizing my mortality…my humanness - forces me to review and re-evaluate the core of my beliefs and if I'm being true to them." -- me too

yes -- "Since I don't like pain – why should I dump any additional pain on those I care about. " -- that the way I see it too

your whole reply has blessed me thanks and I hope others will received the helping truth in your words because you words will help some if they listen

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think at best a person can only be prepared. One of my friend's ambitions here is simply to have enough resources set aside to pay for their final internment.

I don't know if a person can be ready, exactly.

You'd be bartering with the man in black at the last minute..

"hey, hey.. just five more minutes, I haven't finished with my LIST yet.."

:biglaugh:

I still think at best a person can only be prepared. One of my friend's ambitions here is simply to have enough resources set aside to pay for their final internment.

Yeah what would you do if you only had 2 minutes more?Would you ask for a second chance?

Old rock song quote.

Am I ready? Dont think so,Just really learning how to live,Roy,keep thinking what you are thinking

friend,you stimulate alot of thoughts here.

Why doesn't your friend just pre-pay his funeral upfront?

YEARS ago, my dad bought up about 12 or so plots when he became the DPOA for his sisters. Now he is buried near them and it's likely that the rest of us, when it's our time, will be there too. It's a little eerie to think about but then again... it's not something the rest of the family will have to think about.

Another factor is that putting money towards your funeral expenses, out of your savings, is money well spent - ESPECIALLY - after you are on Medicare. It can't be considered an asset! :wink2: You can't be asked to sell it and it's something already taken care of - smart planning.

God first

Beloved Mr. Hammeroni, frank123lol, waysider, and ChasUFarley

God loves you my dear friends

Mr. Hammeroni - yes "You'd be bartering with the man in black at the last minute.." --"hey, hey.. just five more minutes, I haven't finished with my LIST yet.." yes just five more minutes

frank123lol - thanks "Roy, keep thinking what you are thinking friend,you stimulate alot of thoughts here. " -- "Dont think so, Just really learning how to live" yes we missed a lot of living in the way cult

waysider - thanks I enjoy that music video

ChasUFarley - question first does your cat ever finish the bowl of food - my mother had three plots one for my dad and the other for her and one for whoever needs it first - yes "smart planning. " is a good ideal two of my Uncles did that

thank you

Let me just say this, as someone who has had to go through the things of some elderly relatives after they died: For gawd's sake, if you must take nudie pictures of your ancient selves...burn them before your niece has to find them tucked in the sock drawer! :redface2:

Let me just say this, as someone who has had to go through the things of some elderly relatives after they died: For gawd's sake, if you must take nudie pictures of your ancient selves...burn them before your niece has to find them tucked in the sock drawer! :redface2:

ROTFPIMP!

Oh man... I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time... but oh... geez... that's pretty rich!

God first

Beloved tonto, Eagle, and ChasUFarley

God loves you my dear friends

tonto - yes "burn them before your niece has to find them tucked in the sock drawer" good ideal would be to burn them

Eagle - yes that the way "I intend to achieve immortality by not dying."

ChasUFarley - "I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time... but oh... geez... that's pretty rich! " yes its rich

thank you

When I was lying in the emergency room going in and out of conciousness becasue of blood loss, my surgeon was told by my friends that I am the type of person who likes it "straight".

So when I, in a concious moment, asked my chances he told me flat out "you have an 86% chance of dying on the table." When, a few muinutes later, my boss called I took the phone and relayed what I had been told. I then handed the phone to my friend L-----, and suddenly was hit by this wave of terror.

I looked at the anesthesiologist and said " I'm going to die aren't I?" and he responded "not if I can help it"

It was a terryfying few moments-- not just because of my potential imminent death but because I felt in my mind that I was in no way deserving of a life with Heavenly Father ( this is not meant as a commetary on the validity of my beliefs just an explanaiton of why my thoughts were what they were). Then I realized that from my perspective either Jesus Christ told the truth or He didn't-- that was all there was to it and all there was to hang onto. I must have faded out of conciousnous again because I next remember hitting my arm on the elevator door on the way into the surgery then waking up in recovery.

I can tell you that looking at your death head on- at least for me-was a bone chilling experience. There are people out their with a stronger faith than mine that wouldn't have my reaction. But facing that journey is a best unsettling. I don't think I am any better prepared to face that journey than I was before--Just more assured that the destination will be worth the journey. As I posted earlier there is a difference be tween dying and death. Wish I could somehow skip the dying to get to death.

God first

Beloved templelady

me too " I am the type of person who likes it "straight".

yes "there is a difference be tween dying and death. Wish I could somehow skip the dying to get to death. " that would make things easier

thank you

i hope i am

i have written my own obit but it won't go in as one it will go in as a paid ad

here it is...

dennis arsenault 10/03/48 died????

dennis has left this planet.

he has sang his last song

danced his last dance

and drank his last beer

he had a damed good time on earth enjoyin life.

see you soon

i'll keep a candle in the window for you.

really this is in my will!!!

God first

Beloved excathedra and coolchef

excathedra - yes wow what a story templelady shared - I ready for the next step too metting the maker and we hope your around a long time excathedra

coolchef - your welcome I do too

thank you

Edited by year2027

It's going to happen I'm ready. Death is nothing for me to fear. Ive been living on bonus time for a long time. I enjoyed it. even the rough spots. Where I felt more alive after I got through them. No children bear my name. I am not a depressed or miserable soul. Just try and tell it like it is. I enjoyed the ride. got to pull over and park some time.

AM. OD.

On my way to heaven

I met an Angel with a Smile

We sat down on a cloud

We talked a little while

She said to me

I see you were walking slow

I said yes mam

I really don't want to go

When she asked me why

All I did was start to cry

Then I told her I didn't know

I just thought it was time for me to go

Well she gave me a few words

To ease my worried mind

Turned me right around

Back on earth myself I find

The words she gave to me

Were sweeter than any wine

All she said to me

was it takes more than just time.

J.P. L.

I don't think I am any better prepared to face that journey than I was before--Just more assured that the destination will be worth the journey. As I posted earlier there is a difference between dying and death. Wish I could somehow skip the dying to get to death.

I think this is beautiful!!