GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you ready for your death?

year2027

God first

Are you ready for your death?

06-22-2006

Here I sat as I begin to greet you my friends with love from God first, Jesus the Christ second, and from me a men of flesh and spirit last.

What do you think about death and does it scare the hell out of you?

It has scare me before but I am taking action to deal with this fear so I can be ready for what may happen one day long into the future.

The are books on the art of dying or the dance of death which you can get more input from if you desire to look.

Now I going to give you something you can do to prepare for death but take this slow.

Maybe you can try this lay on your bed but first turn off all light even the light of all clocks.

Close your eyes, be quite, and be still as you can, without thinking, and try to feel what you feel as you do this your mind will begin to write that there nothing to fear.

Now what this can help you do is prepare to die well when that day comes but I can not tell how many times to do this or how must because to me this is a new art of mediate.

The more you do it the more you can add to this to make it seem more real preparing you for you death which I hope is a long way in the future.

I am trying to keep this simple as I can so I can see where you take this.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Roy, since my husbands death 10 years ago I've given this subject some more detailed thought.

I used to tell my kids "I promise I won't die, I won't leave you"

After their dad died, I stopped saying that, they now know better and I'm prepared for it, although I certainly hope it doesn't come until I'm very very much older. How about 90 so long as I can still care for myself.

I've prepared in terms of advanced directives and all those things, guardianship of my minor daughter, funeral plans, etc.

I am well aware that we are very lucky if we get tomorrow or the next hour.

I like when people think about it, consider it, plan for it. I think it's a wise subject to address.

It's gonna happen, might as well realize it.

God first

Beloved Shellon Fockler-North

God loves you my dear friend

I like the way you are getting ready my mother did all that

yes "It's gonna happen, might as well realize it."

I hope we get alot of good input here because I too hope your posting at 90 here

thank you

Roy

May I assume that when you ask "are you ready?" you are referring to the mental aspect and not so much the legal, paperwork considerations?

Asking these questions and interacting around them is a valuable part of the readiness process. IMO.

God first

Beloved waysider

God loves you my dear friend

yes I am mostly referring to the mental aspect but I all so like to hear about legal, paperwork considerations too

because I believe we can help each other with all aspects

but as to the about legal, paperwork considerations I can not add alot but its needed too

yes it is a "valuable part of the readiness process"

time will see which direction this goes

thank you

Death is a different plane of existence, and it doesn't scare me.

Dying, the methodology by which travel from this earthly plane to death's plane is accomplished, is a different story. I can think of several ways of dying that I absolutely would not want to experience. Peacefully dying in my sleep is what I want.

God first

Beloved Abigail and ChasUFarley

God loves you my dear friends

Abigail - I bet your mother was a great women

ChasUFarley - I hope you do "I just expect the next day to come up and somehow, just sleep thru it... "

thank you

I dunno Roy.. I think if you see where you're going, there can't be a lot of fear. Personally, I think that the Almighty has made us eternal beings. The only thing.. if I come back, I don't want to go through all of the shots, potty training.. I REALLY don't want to go through the second grade again..

:biglaugh:

Worked so darn hard to learn math, etc.. I want to take it with me.. heheh.

I've heard somebody say something about death like "it's the last thing I want to do.."

:)

My old ex father in law twice removed.. said something that he didn't even think about it much any more. He was seventy at the time, or almost I think..

maybe we see the destination clearer as we travel fuurther..

:)

I will probably die kicking and screaming the whole way. I love life to much to give in to death without one hell of a fight! I must get that from my mother, she fought long and hard too.

:offtopic: :offtopic:

That reminded me of a joke I once heard -----

When asked how she wanted to die, the matronly woman thought a bit and then replied,

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,

and NOT screaming and kicking like the passengers in his car!".

:o

God first

Beloved Mr. Hammeroni and dmiller

Mr. Hammeroni - "don't want to go through the second grade again" me too and yes "maybe we see the destination clearer as we travel further"

dmiller - its ok to go off topic my friend - I like this "I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,

and NOT screaming and kicking like the passengers in his car!".

thank you

Prepared or not, I'm pretty sure that death will overtake us all, sooner or later.

Geeze, what if I'm not prepared and I wake up one morning and find myself dead?

but George... someone once told me that "life's a BEACH, then you die." So, at least we'll have a good suntan...

Actually, most of us, by choice or by default, don't think about it much.

Having lost two siblings (I'm the oldest of three), and my dad passing away 10 years ago now, I think about it a little bit, from time to time.

Me thinks this question presents one of the great existential dilemmas. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds good.

hae36.gif

Actually, like my mother, who just celebrated her 74th birthday (she's too fiesty to die)... I'll probably just keep on truckin, unless some unforeseen tragedy occurs that I don't find a way to either avoid or get through (safely?).

For a long time, I've confessed (out loud) that I intend to live to be at least 93 years old... I chose that age because the Vitamin C doctor, Linus Pauling lived to be 93, finally succumbing to prostate cancer at that age.

And I'm working on health issues to do my best to stay healthy enough to last at least that long. I work out at least 4 times/week (80+ minutes of cardio exercise, in addition to 15-30 minutes of weightlifting each time)... my cholesterol is way down, blood sugar and blood pressure are good... I'm still heavier than I'd like to be, but I'm moving that in the right direction...

AND... giving back to the community with some volunteering...

What's this got to do with being ready or prepared for death? I'm not sure, but I want to be able to go having felt that I've done some good and left things better than I found them, in at least a couple of areas.

God first

Beloved George Aar, Rocky, and Danny

George Aar - to wake up dead would some one got you back into this world I think but cool outlook my friend

Rocky - yes it does "this question presents one of the great existential" - me too " I'm not sure what that means" at times too - "What's this got to do with being ready or prepared for death? I'm not sure, but I want to be able to go having felt that I've done some good and left things better than I found them, in at least a couple of areas." I wish we all could think like this

Danny - I all ways love that song "Ready to Go "

thank you

I don't want to croak, for I want to be here for my kids and their kids as long as possible. But as far as the actual croaking goes, even though it is an austere thought, I guess I just figure that when the time comes, I will be more attuned to looking fwd to my eventual waking up on that Gathering Day when we get to meet our Lord Jesus Christ face to face. Be nice if he came back before my demise, which is a wonderful and major part of the Hope of his return.

"Oh what a Day that will be when my savior I shall see, when I look upon the Face of he who saved me by his grace.....!"

And, would I want to go down in a "blaze of glory", or simply die quick and fast. Probably the latter. But not for a long long time, for, I am only fifty, and I don't want my kids to cry. When I pray to God for my health and longevity, I always make the request in light of my Children's happiness, and to spare them the loss of either of their parents which would be me and Mrs. Lingo...

Interesting question.

1. I have been reading some of John Bevere's works, especially "Rescued," and "Driven by Eternity," and he has very non-twi thoughts. And I am becoming much more concerned about doing things I will be thankful I did when I meet the Lord. I am of the opinion now that many of the verses we flipped off regarding going to hell for our sins.

2. I am helping my elderly neighbor get the paperwork together for his place in a National Cemetery, do a will, etc. (helping him get his affairs in order).

So I am working on it, and only recently.

Well, there's my neighbor who says when he dies he wants to be buried face down so everyone can kiss his arse.

My grandmother, who is getting on up in age and with some health problems, says every day is a gift. I certainly call them more often now that I can't see them all the time like I did growing up.

I've had my first taste of the death of a loved one this past year and it's excruciatingly painful. I selfishly want all my loved ones to outlive me.

I'm not scared of my death, though. I don't want a traditional funeral, though. I've instructed my family that they are to throw the biggest keg party they can and have a roast in remembrance of all the nutty things I've done in my life that tickled them to pieces..... and there's plenty of material there. :biglaugh:

God first

Beloved Jonny Lingo. GrouchoMarxJr, Mr. Hammeroni, Kit Sober, and Belle

Jonny Lingo - I beg your kids want it too "I want to be here for my kids and their kids as long as possible" - yes "face to face" - I like this "I always make the request in light of my Children's happiness,"

GrouchoMarxJr - ok "later on that one?"

Kit Sober - I bet that blesses he "I am helping my elderly neighbor get the paperwork together for his place in a National Cemetery, do a will, etc. (helping him get his affairs in order). "

Belle - yes your grandmother is right "says every day is a gift." - I bet a lot of people here want to come "I've instructed my family that they are to throw the biggest keg party they can and have a roast in remembrance of all the nutty things I've done in my life that tickled them to pieces..... and there's plenty of material there. " but I bet there will talk more about the blessing you gave them

thank you