GreaseSpot Cafe

Top 20 Posters

GeorgeStGeorge

On a lark, I clicked on the "Overall Top 20 Posters." I was a bit surprised to find myself there, hanging in at #20. I feel a little like Ken Griffey, Jr., moving up on the 5000-post (in his case, 600 HR) mark, feeling that I might pass mike and Steve! reasonably soon, but not likely ever to catch Hank excathedra Aaron.

More to the point, what do the "rating" stars mean? I imagine that having five stars is good, but then why do others like dmiller and Sudo have none?

George

On a lark, I clicked on the "Overall Top 20 Posters." I was a bit surprised to find myself there, hanging in at #20. I feel a little like Ken Griffey, Jr., moving up on the 5000-post (in his case, 600 HR) mark, feeling that I might pass mike and Steve! reasonably soon, but not likely ever to catch Hank excathedra Aaron.

More to the point, what do the "rating" stars mean? I imagine that having five stars is good, but then why do others like dmiller and Sudo have none?

George

When you go into someone's profile, you can rate them. The stars represent an average

George

Another possible title for this thread could be: "you know you spend waaaay to much time here when..."

Just kidding :biglaugh:

How does one get the little statement below my avatar changed?

Go to your controls (top of the page). Click that.

Then on the left menu bar, there is a spot to *edit profile info*. Click that.

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE should be the first line.

Put in there whatever saying/ message you want,

and it'll show up under your avatar whan you post.

:)

Now that you have 500 posts, you can do it. I think it's in My Controls, but I can't remember how to do it right now. :redface:

George

OK. So dmiller told you while I was trying to figure it out. That's why I "fixed" his rating!

Thanks dmiller and George

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

As in baseball, the rules have changed somewhat over time. (Walks were originally counted as hits and times at bat. Walk-off homers with men on base only counted as many bases as were needed to win the game -- i.e., a bottom-of-the-ninth, tie-game, bases-loaded homer counted as a single.) The reason I mention this is that excathedra would post a sentence in about four to eight posts, e.g.:

i really

really think

vpw

was an a$$hole

which would have counted as four.

One could still do that with the present system, but since any new post in the same thread within a few (10?) minutes becomes a part of the original post, you'd have to wait a long time to do it. It would be easier just to write new posts in different threads.

George