GreaseSpot Cafe

What is TWI in 2007?

JustThinking

All,

GSC has been kind enough to let me reactivate my login after what seems like a million years. I see a lot of familiar names and many new ones as well. For those of us who haven't checked in a few years, what is TWI up to these days? I left after Craig got bounced. (One of the best things I ever did, btw) Is Rosie still around? I did see the announcement about Dave Lutz. That was a very sad "welcome back." :( I met him once at a performance in PA and he was so kind. I was a total stranger but he treated me like a long lost friend.

If this is already covered in another thread, please accept my apologies now. And no squirrel throwing... ;)

JT

p.s. It's very good to be back!

:biglaugh:

I'm your icecream man, witness to me when I'm passin' by...

Hey JT.

I think it is the same as it ever was, just now with less flavor....or "flava" if you prefer. I think our old area is still craptastic, but now with more young folk.

Lindy, my man,

Any growth at all?

For anyone,

Is TWI growing at all? Or is it still in the long term decline I remember?

JT

How do they justify shrinking (shrivled) "membership"? Seriously. What is the company line as it pertains to attendance? Where's the outreach? If I were an innie , that would leave me scracthing my head. I left in 87 for a host of reasons. But if I hadn't I like to think I would leave now simply because there's nothing about it that says "abundant life" or outreach, growth, etc. What ever happened to each one reach one? How do they explain it to the remaining sheep?

I recently had a visit from innie family, and they acted like normal people. We didn't pray before eating, I didn't notice any bible reading before breakfast, there were no attempts to witness to the wait staff when we went to restaurants, and none of the nonsense of TWI came up at all. Hopefully they are leaving TWI.

Welcome back, JT!

Since TWI distorts, hides and otherwise avoids providing numbers, we're left to guess at how small they've become. We still get new folks here at the cafe who have recently escaped and we know that participation in WD and new WC recruits are extremely low.

They've moved WC training to NK and now Gunnison is nothing more than a "retreat" where TWIts are encouraged to visit for "camp". There's a thread on that someplace around here and I'm sure someone can find it for us.

They're trying new dance moves to entertain the youngsters, but it's really just a pitiful example of how behind the times they actually are.

As for the cafe..... we're still serving up good stuff! Could I bring you a root beer float?

gallery_452_63_22616.gif