GreaseSpot Cafe

Spiritual Understanding ??

copenhagen

I wasn't spiritual enough to understand the deep meaning of ( insert situation)

I wasn't spiritual enough to understand what just happended.

This is a common saying in twi and even here at the cafe, is this just another

way for twi to control people ? I know of many times someone gets a face melting

for no good reason. Others who are around and blessed to see the spit fly off the mogs

mouth say I guess I am not spiritual enough to see what just happended, but mr mog was so spirtiually

mad he must be walking.

It seems that this is an open book to over look abuse with out getting involved.

I did not see the foul or even see that this foul was that bad to get your tale handed to you.

I must not be spirtiual enough.

It also seems to be a tool by leadership to get you to jump thru hoops, or follow blindly.

I know people who to this day who are at the top of their fields in their profession buy in to this mess.

Its the donkey chasing the carrot on a string he tries and tries but we know the design is to

get the donkey to work and move and he will only get it when the master gives it to h

copenhagen

I wasn't spiritual enough to understand the deep meaning of ( insert situation)

I wasn't spiritual enough to understand what just happened.

This is a common saying in twi and even here at the cafe.

All "common sayings", especially in twi, should be examined critically. It's not unheard-of

(and in twi it was COMMON) to confuse a SLOGAN for a SOLUTION or a REAL ANSWER.

If someone can't even TRY to articulate an answer, that's often a sign that there either IS no answer,

or no answer that sounds good (like "he drugged them so he could do whatever he wanted with them"),

or they don't KNOW the answer and they're covering it up.

"You're not spiritual enough to understand" ranks up with

"Why do you want to know this?"

for "how twi suppressed independent thinking and honest questions."

And yes, some people still use it- although it's not so common in the cafe.

Is this just another way for twi to control people?
YES.
I know of many times someone gets a face melting for no good reason. Others who are around and blessed to see the spit fly off the mog's

mouth say I guess I am not spiritual enough to see what just happened, but mr mog was so spiritually

mad he must be walking.

lcm claimed there was such a thing as "spiritual anger." Doing whatever you wanted and slapping the word "spiritual" in front of

a noun to make it sound like God endorsed it was not unheard-of under vpw, but lcm, trained under vpw and two-fold the child

of hell his teacher was, raised it to standard operating procedure.

In the Bible, it's rare when a true Godly-minded person shows anger.

(Except the prophets, and it was their job, and they were often getting in trouble for it.)

In the church Epistles, anger is seen as a BAD thing, and there are no occurrences of the phrase "spiritual anger"

in the KJV (nor any version I'm familiar with.)

It seems that this is an open book to over look abuse with out getting involved.

I did not see the foul or even see that this foul was that bad to get your tail handed to you. I must not be spiritual enough.

It also seems to be a tool by leadership to get you to jump thru hoops, or follow blindly.

I know people who to this day who are at the top of their fields in their profession buy in to this mess.

Its the donkey chasing the carrot on a string he tries and tries but we know the design is to

get the donkey to work and move and he will only get it when the master gives it to him.

copenhagen

IF he ever gets it.

twi was a place where you would supposedly get your answers at the next level up, and then it was told that it would be the

NEXT level, and the NEXT level, and if you questioned THAT, it was "why do you want to know?" or

"Why are you questioning the mog?" Not PHRASED that way, of course....

hi copenhagen

but mr mog was so spirtiually mad he must be walking.

i remember when i was on staff and the coordinator of the world totally flipped out on me for no good reason

i went to my boss (followed the way tree to a "t") and told her, that's not spiritual anger, he's just plain mean

she said something like he was under a lot of "spiritual pressure" or some such thing

i told her he should get another damn job !!!!!!!

How can I say this politely?

Oh, what the heck------ it's just a bunch of pretentious crap!

Suppose you have a job that requires you to measure things with a ruler.

After you make your measurement, your boss has to then remeasure, using his/her OWN ruler.

Why? Is THEIR ruler somehow superior to YOUR ruler?

Maybe somebody ought to contact the people that make rulers.

Maybe your bosses' 5mm reading is more significant than your 5mm reading.

Come on. 5mm is 5mm, does it matter whose ruler you used to measure it?

In the regular, non-religious world, it's known as *micro-management* and it's practitioners are referred to as *control freaks*.

*Spiritual understanding* my butt! It's another way of telling you they are going to twist and distort reality until they convince you to denounce your own logic (and common sense) and accept theirs.

"Spiritual anger"---What a hoot. It just means they themselves are angry and want to dump the blame on someone or something other than themselves. I think that might be known as "passing the buck".

Now, there is such a thing as understanding things that are spiritual, but somehow I don't think that is what they(TWI ) had in mind.

As always-- That's just my opinion.( but bear in mind that it's tempered with "spiritual understanding".) <_<

How can I say this politely?

Oh, what the heck------ it's just a bunch of pretentious crap!

In the regular, non-religious world, it's known as *micro-management* and it's practitioners are referred to as *control freaks*.

*Spiritual understanding* my butt! It's another way of telling you they are going to twist and distort reality until they convince you to denounce your own logic (and common sense) and accept theirs.

"

WELL SAID, WAYSIDER, WELL SAID!

hi copenhagen

i remember when i was on staff and the coordinator of the world totally flipped out on me for no good reason

i went to my boss (followed the way tree to a "t") and told her, that's not spiritual anger, he's just plain mean

she said something like he was under a lot of "spiritual pressure" or some such thing

i told her he should get another damn job !!!!!!!

So how'd THAT work out? :biglaugh:

George

THis "spiritual anger" was always a tool that was used to manipulate and control...Once rev so and so started yelling, everybody sat on their hands and accepted the "lesson" that was being given. It was a trick they had learned from Vic the flim flam man...it's the idea that if "you've already got them eating out of the palm of your hand, just get angry and see what happens!"...

Spiritual understanding?...This was nothing more than a trigger word to let you know that you were a schmuck and the other guy was about to tell you how the cow chewed the cabbage. It was the "great excuse" phrase that evaded logic and defied common sense. Whatever happened, someone, somewhere was more spiritual than you and they were more than glad to dispense their spiritual credentials (name tag) in order to take control.

Bottom line...only the truly spiritual ones are able to handle the money properly.

THis "spiritual anger" was always a tool that was used to manipulate and control...Once rev so and so started yelling, everybody sat on their hands and accepted the "lesson" that was being given. It was a trick they had learned from Vic the flim flam man...it's the idea that if "you've already got them eating out of the palm of your hand, just get angry and see what happens!"...

Yeah......and, more like a night stick than a tool, beating one into compliance.

"Spiritual anger" (fabricated from a twisting of scriptural references).....was a club that was kept hidden from public view. BUT.......behind closed doors this "night stick" was wielded for maximum restraint and control.

Much like a predator's roar will freeze its prey.....so was "spiritual anger" in a teaching setting. Very effective, too.....rarily saw anyone stand up in a teaching/meeting, voice their objection and head for the door.

:evildenk:

lcm claimed there was such a thing as "spiritual anger." Doing whatever you wanted and slapping the word "spiritual" in front of

a noun to make it sound like God endorsed it was not unheard-of under vpw, but lcm, trained under vpw and two-fold the child

of hell his teacher was, raised it to standard operating procedure.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a good example of using the Lords name in vain?