GreaseSpot Cafe

Rating?

Nottawayfer

THAT rating is arbitrary based solely on what other registered members of the GSC community rate you.

We do not (to my knowledge) get to find out who rates us and how many stars each rater says you deserve.

It's my understanding that if nobody chooses to rate you, you remain at 0 (zero) gold stars... which is probably just as good as if those who DO rate you ONLY give you five gold stars.

Why any particular member would rate you (or any other member) with less than five stars is something only that rater can answer.

To me, it seems sort of silly...

SORT OF silly ?

how 'bout REALLY silly ?

:)

I think it is supercilious to the height of the definition of that word. While nametags are being busted in another topic, ratings are supported, or at least accepted, here?!?!

I just visited about 25 people, and gave them 5 stars ... :)

But I only have three ... must be my political wide stance ...

Also if you check someone's name, then you get listed as having visited ...

and the friends thing ... I don't really have a list of people I like ... I just put anyone on... I like everyone ... well, I don't want to have a list of special friends really ...

anyway, it all seems to engender strife somehow ...

EXACTLY !

hi rummie

I just visited about 25 people, and gave them 5 stars ...

i want to be a 5 star general as long as i get a nametag

with the stars on it of course

(sometimes i try to read the last post on a thread and i click on the person by accident.... just so you know i'm not stalking you.... except for you rhino)

EXACTLY !

hi rummie

Heya Excie. Hey Rhino - I just tried to give you 5 stars but it would only let me give you four. I guess that is proof that you do not have the correct nametag and are probably a spawn child of some evil plot. He(( I don't even know you but WTF since you upgraded 25 others I thought I'd try and get ya those free drinks and feed served in the first class cabin...

I ignore most of that stuff. Don't even look at it. I only raised Notta's rating out of fun because of the question she asked.

I think a lot of it comes with the features of the board.

Don't like it? Ignore it.

I think it is supercilious to the height of the definition of that word. While nametags are being busted in another topic, ratings are supported, or at least accepted, here?!?!
EXACTLY !!!!

that's what i was responding too before rhino bumped me out of the booth

but i did like his comment as well

the spawn child ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

the poor spawn child without a name

tag

well dooj you said

I think it's about if you enjoy a person - their post, their sense of humor, their insight...

Think of it as a kudo and a wink

okay sorry you were trying to explain the feature of the board

i see that now

So I have four stars now, but no free drinks ... oh well ...

I feel great though .. many people had no stars, and I made them 5 stars ... so now they can get all puffed up ...

unless they are like tiny tim, and promise not to get puffed up ... wasn't that part of his vows? may he rest in peace ... I guess he is under the tulips now ... instead of tip toeing through ...

thanks for stalking me excie ... :)

... must be my political wide stance ...

and the friends thing ... I don't really have a list of people I like ... I just put anyone on... I like everyone ... well, I don't want to have a list of special friends really ...

anyway, it all seems to engender strife somehow ...

1. Are you saying that you emulate Larry Craig? :biglaugh: :blink:
  2. Are you telling the truth? :evildenk::biglaugh:

1. Are you saying that you emulate Larry Craig? :biglaugh: :blink:
  2. Are you telling the truth? :evildenk::biglaugh:

no, not emulate ... but some people surely get upset with things political ... like they were upset with Larry ... except he didn't really just have a wide stance ...

Of course I'm telling the truth ... I don't want a list of special friends ... I put people on my list as my friend when they put me on their list, and it is nice that they do ... but then I have a list, which excludes people only because I don't put everyone on the list. Well, there may be a couple that I wouldn't put on ...

Thanks for the beer DMiller ... you're a 5 star kinda guy ... cheers :beer:

And thanks nottawayfer ... I think the stars are updated right after you click on a star ... so it updated the average ... I'd guess one or two from the left in the political forum decided to slime me with one star ... everyone else loves me ;)

Edited by rhino

Looks like I'm a member of the 4-Star club, too. I'm surprised it's that high. :biglaugh:

Rhino, I tried to raise your rating, too. I'll buy you a beer anytime - better yet.... how bout we exceed the 2 drink limit with a nice Shiraz?

:drink:

I'll have to try Shiraz sometime ... sounds good. :)

Now I'm wondering how many times you can vote. It seems to let you vote maybe 5 times in a row, but maybe it really isn't counting each one. Anyway I tried about twenty 5 star votes on yours but it never budged off 4 stars. But some of us like to have a little bad anyway, I guess :biglaugh:

I am happily starless, showing that as with TWI the “in crowd” was something I never was part of; like the in crowd here. Both “in crowds” held/hold everyone to a different standard than they hold themselves and the friends they hold so dearly……….. :blink: