GreaseSpot Cafe

Dad - bad news

Nero

I guess I spoke too soon. They found out he has blood clots in his heart as well as both of his lungs. Probably because they didn't believe he was worth saving... so they never moved his legs around. So we did it when we could.

His breathing was bad last night - but it got a little better with treatments.

My brother just gave me a call a minute ago and told me he thinks this is the end. I'm stuck at work right now so I can't go see him. I don't know what to do.

Nero - my daughters' grandfather went through this this past summer. He got real bad and it looked like it would be the end for him.

He made it through. I only say this to tell you that all may not be lost.

I'm not offering false hope. I really have no answers.

If you feel like you need to be with your dad be straight with your boss and see what arrangements can be made.

I wish I could honestly. The only people who have the authority to let me go aren't here right now - so I can't ask... and I can't disapear and leave the office unmanned either. And since I've already turned in my time card for today it probably won't go over well.

And no - my job isn't worth it. The last few times he's almost died I had to work right through it and I can't quit until honey's job starts generating some sort of income.

I can't wait to move and get a new job...

Thanks guys. =( I haven't heard back with anything new. This morning when my brother went in - his blood pressue was so low I'm surprised he didn't die right then. It was up to somewhere like 45/80 or something crazy after they gave him something.

This is just so hard... especially when he was starting to do better.

I agree with everyone here Nero, get ahold of your bosses. You need to go see your father for your own peace of mind.

My prayers are with you and him.

God first

Beloved Nero

God loves you my dear friend

I am at words lost only thing I can do is pray and hope but never forget your dad's love for you which you never will

many here are crying with you as you deal with every next second that seems like a week

thank you for sharing so we can pray with you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for not posting in so long. I think I was so depressed I just sort of forgot about everything.

My father died on the 18th. My family and I are still trying to get back to normal if there is such a thing anymore.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Edited by Nero