templelady

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Dove

Why oh Why did you leave?

Why not go back?

If all those wonderful things you have why not go get more?

And you are not working PR for them.

Right

I have some land 100 mile west of Los Angles for sale.

They Violated Freedom to do their will.

Like how much do they pay you,

My true life started after I left that wicked group.

Hey WD is this another tread you will hijack to make all about you?

Give it a break dude.

You must have missed it this thread is about What They Said; What They Did I posted about that subject not to or about you or me. Only what they said and did. That was my experience and we all know now that anyone's experience is truth don't we? So I guess mine was the truth... Wasn't it great..............

Edited by WhiteDove

VP said---( as a representative of "they".)

"Keep it in your pants."

so did lcm, in wow training... guess he didn't want anyone else to get any action.

Do what God tells you to do Not what people think you should do. Great advice I learned this one at an early age ,it has served me well. Unfortunate that more did not learn it would have saved alot of grief.

Unless I have misunderstood, this thread is not about doing "what God tells you to do, not what people think you should do."

It's about comparing what "they" said to what "they" did.

Do what God tells you to do Not what people think you should do. Great advice I learned this one at an early age ,it has served me well. Unfortunate that more did not learn it would have saved alot of grief.

thanks for the lecture, WD. now we all know how much better you are than the rest of us.

Unless I have misunderstood, this thread is not about doing "what God tells you to do, not what people think you should do."

It's about comparing what "they" said to what "they" did.

Right

What they said ;

Do what God tells you to do Not what people think you should do.

What they did;

What I did (just a Bonus)

I wouldn't and will not allow whitedove in my mind.

Not anymore.

He's just trying to push buttons imo.

I think he's wrong and knows it, but nothing else he wants to see.

Again, my opinion, which is worth more then anyone elses.

Except my friends.

Right

What they said ;

What they did;

What I did (just a Bonus)

HEEHEEHEEHEE!

Actually, they (you) only "allegedly" said (did) that.

Hi. I am new here. I've been reading this web site for a while now and I really appreciate it. What they said and what they did-where to begin. I remember a leader acting like she cared about me and encouraging me to tell her how I really felt. She then used it against me to devastate my life. I felt violated. Thanks to everyone who shares. I learn a lot from it.

Hi. I am new here. I've been reading this web site for a while now and I really appreciate it. What they said and what they did-where to begin. I remember a leader acting like she cared about me and encouraging me to tell her how I really felt. She then used it against me to devastate my life. I felt violated. Thanks to everyone who shares. I learn a lot from it.

Hi, happyheart!

Welcome to GSC.

So sorry they hurt you.

I hope we can say or do something that can help.

waysider

I experienced something along the same lines. I think the woman who did it to me loved to hurt people. she seemed to get a kick out of the power.

I'm glad you're here, happyheart.

Okay... I've been thinking (dun dun dunnnnnnn!) :o

I'm sure somewhere someone has an old syllabus from some class that says something about how the fellowships were supposed to be (Ahem) self-supporting, self-propagating (don't make any wisecracks) and self-yadda yadda.

BUT- can anyone give any evidence of that happening? Did anyone ever get any help from the ABS?

That would be something that might show a difference between what TWI preached and what it practiced.

Rent? Food? Clothes and other needs? I don't mean a "special love offering." I mean the BC said, "Hey, there's a need here in my area and the funds should support these people first."

Discuss among yourselves... Compare and contrast.

Edited by doojable

dooj: oh hell no. lcm said that's not what abs was for. he said all kinds of mean things about cop-out ministries who used their money to help their members in need because they WEREN'T USING IT TO MOVE THE WORD.

HEEHEEHEEHEE!

Actually, they (you) only "allegedly" said (did) that.

:biglaugh:

Edited by potato

Potato- I think he said something different at one time- but I don't have the documentation...I know it was in a class somewhere.

(And No- I dont' think there will be many stories of ABS being used to help the "local saints.")

Edited by doojable

Welcome, happyheart.

Sounds like they said they cared, and that they were supposed to care,

but what they did was heartless and UNcaring.

Not everyone has such a horror story (I don't, WD didn't), but that doesn't change

what they did to you.

BUT- can anyone give any evidence of that happening? Did anyone ever get any help from the ABS?

That would be something that might show a difference between what TWI preached and what it practiced.

Rent? Food? Clothes and other needs? I don't mean a "special love offering." I mean the BC said, "Hey, there's a need here in my area and the funds should support these people first."

I think I got $20 for gas one time ... which reminds me of all those trips moving class stuff around, where I got nothing. But to have a full time staff person in an area, how many were "under them", and what was the pay?

I guess the trustees did better than most churches, but the rest of the tree was like a real tree. If a leaf had a problem, it just dried up and fell off. Real trees try not to help leaves that are not contributing. Leaves, twigs and branches can be sacrificed to maintain the tree.

So it seems the Way Tree was really a fitting analogy for TWI, much better than an analogy like "the body of Christ". The truth was there all the time, sitting there, just like a duck.

I don't know how most small churches distribute funds for special needs, but they do keep most of the money for the local church. But I was talking with my family about my church when I was a kid, and we had a little crisis ... the minister came around offering moral support ... and instead of offering anything like cash, he asked for a pledge.

So perhaps the concept of taking advantage of people in desperate times is not so new. There were some in the neighborhood that helped taking care of kids for the period though.

Edited by rhino

Welcome Happy

As for help --only help I ever saw was "under the table" believer to believer. Never the twig, branch or Limb giving a hand up. Their idea of a hand up was "renew your mind" "you left your spiritual trapdoor open" kind of help.

I'm LDS (Mormon) and this isn't a discussion about my particular belief system-- but I know for a fact that my church at the ward level ( think twig or HF) provides, food, clothing, rent money, school supplies, medication anything you can think of to those who have a need. It's between the person and the bishopric and no one is the wiser unless the recipient chooses to tell they received help. Never heard of anyone being turned away either.

Edited by templelady

I'm sure somewhere someone has an old syllabus from some class that says something about how the fellowships were supposed to be (Ahem) self-supporting, self-propagating (don't make any wisecracks) and self-yadda yadda.

Well, Dooj, I moved overseas and obviously couldn't take very much with me. There was a real sweet twig there and everybody in it gave me something - spare sweaters, footwear, other things; also I stayed with the TC / CC who generously supported me until I started to get some money in (=got paid). They really lived the sharing lifestyle, and often believers would pop round with something surplus or they'd seen a bargain in the shops and bought an extra wotsit because it might help someone in the twig. I saw others' physical needs being met too, with things or with cash.

That lifestyle encouraged me to go into the WC.

Meanwhile control was being tightened up and a few years later when I came out, it was all "gimme gimme gimme" from HQ. The CC had got hard and "demanded" respect and "stand up when I enter the room" instead of accepting the huge respect that had been offered lovingly.

HappyHeart: Welcome to the Cafe. There's a trash can for TWI junk by the door whenever you feel like using it.

Okay... I've been thinking (dun dun dunnnnnnn!) :o

Discuss among yourselves... Compare and contrast.

Yes I did, admittedly I did not not see the actual transaction so of course I would not claim to have but we had a family that had a fire in their home and The Way of Kansas paid for them to stay in a hotel until they could get back into the home As I recall it was around two weeks give or take a day.

Ross T*acy paid for wallpaper and other items to repaper the house here where we lived and fellowshipped. I'll have to think I'm sure there were more. But I'd agree there were not enough. We employed a solution we started a twig pig which we used for such things separate from ABS.

Edited by WhiteDove

My church has a fund set aside to help people in need. The also run a small "Food bank" of sorts.

WD- I know that there were isolated incidents of giving - but would you agree that the story about the family living in the hotel was in the early days of the ministry? I didn't see much of it.

I heard of HQ helping people - but it seemed to be the exception over the rule, and I saw and heard of less and less as time went on.

I know that a wow one time had her surgery on the field paid for.

That was it.

I don`t think *twig pig* counts here because that is something the local believers did as an aside from twi tithe.

The money was for God, it never dawned on me that God didn`t need money...or that if he did...he might direct it to be used to take care of people....

If a person had a need....it was their own darned fault...and to help them out in any way would be a detriment to them learning how to *believe* bigger...at least that was the impression that I got in the different areas that I lived in.

It boggles my mind that it never dawned on me to be offended that wierwille had a motor coach and airplanes and Harlys....yet the people in our fellowship were really struggling to send in their tithe.

One time we had a fellow living in the back of a semi trailer in North Dakota...for heavens sake...that money that our twig gathered and sent to hq each week would have really helped him.

Edited by rascal