GreaseSpot Cafe

Hell freezes over...and I'm gettin' married!

batcave

Yep, my sweetie of three years proposed to me on our third dating anniversary Saturday night. We had talked about for some time and I knew he had the ring, since it came by Fed X. I'm still getting used to the idea that I'm someone's fiance now. For those of you who were at the Weenie Roast 2 years ago at Mammoth Cave, it's the same guy I was with then, who wore the monk's robe. He is the most decent, kind, loving guy I've ever known, and the first person I ever said the words "I was in a cult" to. It truly is something to have someone in your life who loves you for who you are.

It's funny looking back at the topics I've started here over the last 2-3 years. Most of them have been about relationships or being single. I can definitely see a learning curve and changes in my thinking and I have to thank so many of you who have offered help and insight in my journey. No doubt I'll be posting about wedding questions and what kind of cool things to have for a wedding, since neither of us are involved with a church right now. I always thought the covenant of salt was a wonderful thing to do at a wedding and if anyone has the details on how it's done and what is said, I would greatly appreciate it.

More details later. I'm letting my sweetie get used to the idea of getting married before I bombard him with ideas and questions. I am, after all a woman and have pretty much planned out my wedding for years. :love3:

:)

I'm thrilled for you two!

The Salt Covenant was the best part of our wedding ceremony, so beautiful and meant more to me than any of the rest of the ceremony.

Even more tender than our vows, and they were beautiful!

Sigh..........

Good luck to you!

Ron,

Hey, that's a thought. Where I'd like to get married is actually right next to a river so there's some great camping area for you to bring your tent and set up for the nuptuals. You could keep that woodsy feeling without having to get into a city. :thinking::rolleyes:

Congrats, batcave!!!!

Dunno if it would help, but I wrote my entire wedding ceremony, would be happy to email it to you if you'd like to scan it for ideas!! Hubs and I aren't in any church, either and we had our wedding at a hotel (got a great package deal!)

Jus' lemme know.....

my email is: chindy004@yahoo.com

Happy planning and have a WONDERFUL life together!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh (((((((((((((((((((((Batcave)))))))))) doggone it, I didn`t know that was YOU!!!!

How wonderfull!!! I am so absolutely thrilled for both of you.

Ya know the guy is a keeper when you can take him on a camping trip with a bunch of ex culties and he can fit right in!!!! :)

Dad gum, I have been thinking about you lately, and wondering how you have been doing .... so glad to hear the great news.

I am sorry, I didn`t recognise you sooner.

Thanks! I'll tell you, it's one thing to find love when you're young and pretty, it's another thing to find it when you've already gotten old and fat!

You left out absolutely beautiful, and an incredible voice that brings warmth whether you are speaking or singing :)

Can you sing at your own wedding?

Thanks, Rascal!

Theoretically, I suppose I could sing, but I don't think I'd make it through. Fortunately, I have two very talented brothers who will handle the music end for me. I'm thinking of having my sister-in-law sing "Battle Hymn of Love" by Kathy Mattea and Tim O'Brien. I'd post it but I'm not very good at those things.