GreaseSpot Cafe

Super Bowl XLII

excathedra

I hate to show my utter ignorance of such things, but...

I know it's the "New England" Patriots, but whereabouts are they actually from? I mean like, what city? Boston? Providence? New Haven? Sandwich? Manchester maybe?

And the Giants, uh, I know there's a baseball team by that name, I think in San Francisco. Is the football team from there too?

(I've heard "New York" mentioned, is that where they call home?)

The game IS today, right?

Yes, I have a little catching up to do before I'm a die-hard fan...

The town is Foxboro, Mass, which is a tiny town about midway between Boston and Providence. The Boston Patriots had been 'homeless' for several years bouncing between very low quality college and baseball stadiums until a stadium was finally built for them in Foxboro in 1973 when they became the New England Patriots.

the Giants play in the Meadowlands in New Jersey ( Jimmy Hoffa may or may not be buried in the endzone depending on who you talk to..) but still go by the name NY Giants.

the Patriots havent lost a single game this year-which is an NFL record...their closest game was agame against the Giants amonth or so ago.

If you watch the game ----Brady--just remember Brady for the Patriots--- thats about all you have to really know-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These guys--the front line--look ready to me

1201985958_0738.jpg

Patriots 38-17

History will be made today

In November 2008 a gaggle of babies will be born in New England and be named Brady

Edited by mstar1

The town is Foxboro, Mass, which is a tiny town about midway between Boston and Providence. The Boston Patriots had been 'homeless' for several years bouncing between very low quality college and baseball stadiums until a stadium was finally built for them in Foxboro in 1973 when they became the New England Patriots.

the Giants play in the Meadowlands in New Jersey ( Jimmy Hoffa may or may not be buried in the endzone depending on who you talk to..) but still go by the name NY Giants.

the Patriots havent lost a single game this year-which is an NFL record...their closest game was agame against the Giants amonth or so ago.

If you watch the game ----Brady--just remember Brady for the Patriots--- thats about all you have to really know-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1201985958_0738.jpg

Patriots 38-17

In November 2008 a gaggle of babies will be born in New England and be named Brady

mmmmmm..good men in tight pants! hahahahah

1201985958_0738.jpg

Patriots 38-17

getting just a bit too premature there mstar

Giants just beat the Patriots 17-14 with less than a minute left in the came. Manning just plain beat Brady on the field. It was a battle of quarterbacks.

To me, this sucks. I am from New England.

Giants fans will gloat I suppose. I also owe money to some Giants fans here in Ohio.

That sucks. I had to pay them all tonight at a friend's Super Bowl party. Not much, about $70.00.

Did I say that it sucks? At least for New England fans...

Edited by Eagle

Giants totally outplayed and outcoached the Patriots. They owned the line and played tenacious defense --that was the key to me.

Its beyond me that it took the Patriots until late in the fourth quarter to lineup with 4 wideouts which produced the go ahead drive and TD with 3 minutes left...What took them so long to figure that out? that will be questioned for along time in these parts.

The final drive was disheartening but I have to hand it to Eli manning who was grace under pressure,

The third down 35 yard completion that Manning somehow got off after seemingly being down then and was caught with one hand and the ball jammed to the receivers helmet should live in Giants lore. Im sure it will live in Patriot nightmares as well as two dropped interceptions on the final drive.

It was a great game to watch going down to the wire but from my perspective as a New Englander --disappointing ---18-0. :34 seconds from being the greatest team ever--- and nothing to show for it.

outplayed and outcoached -Congratulations to the Giants --they earned it.

10 days until Pitchers and Catchers report to spring training

Edited by mstar1

the pats are sucking tonite

Boy oh boy if THAT isn't the understatement of the day!

Hey, I wanted the Pats to win, but it was a VERY good game... and the gints earned the win.

And I had the BEST seat in the stadium, right in my living room... for LESS than the price of a ticket to the game, I've been enjoying (since June 2005) my 50" HDTV. And a friend came over to share in the game and a meal and we both had a good time (even though both of us cheered for the Pats).

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Well the Stupidbowl is over...... Me I'm just glad Charlie Brown caught the Coke.....

My favorite commercials were the ones with the baby for E-Trade! :biglaugh:

Giants totally outplayed and outcoached the Patriots. They owned the line and played tenacious defense --that was the key to me.

Its beyond me that it took the Patriots until late in the fourth quarter to lineup with 4 wideouts which produced the go ahead drive and TD with 3 minutes left...What took them so long to figure that out? that will be questioned for along time in these parts.

The final drive was disheartening but I have to hand it to Eli manning who was grace under pressure,

The third down 35 yard completion that Manning somehow got off after seemingly being down then and was caught with one hand and the ball jammed to the receivers helmet should live in Giants lore. Im sure it will live in Patriot nightmares as well as two dropped interceptions on the final drive.

It was a great game to watch going down to the wire but from my perspective as a New Englander --disappointing ---18-0. :34 seconds from being the greatest team ever--- and nothing to show for it.

outplayed and outcoached -Congratulations to the Giants --they earned it.

10 days until Pitchers and Catchers report to spring training

That was the key as I saw it too.

And 10 days... THAT is the consolation.