GreaseSpot Cafe

What we really gave for ...

rhino

Will they be posting any pictures of Doc's motorcycles?

I'd kinda like to see that old Indian I helped buy. <_<

Anyone have a picture of the motorcycle collection?

So you're out there as a WOW, living on millet with mayo, "believing" to get by ... and of course sending in 15% to HQ. But we were moving da wuhrd ... so it was OK that our 8 hours a day ministry work might earn more money for HQ.

Thankfully we knew how diligent they were at HQ with every nickel ... it all went to move da wuhrd over da wuhrld.

I guess I was thinking a list of the inequities would be interesting ... how well vp and lcm lived ... compared to the average staffer or the needy WOW. And this branches off from all those "happy memories" of the slave labor corps fixing up the grounds at Emporia.

I don't think vp air conditioned his dog houses, but how did our abs get used?

My limited view on the major expenditures ...

• the coaches
  • how many motorcycles?
  • cars
  • the plane
  • the chalet & Gunnison
  • Rome city
  • Emporia
  • the auditorium

What money was actually spent on outreach?

• Way Productions was maybe the most worthy?
  • The Way Magazine
  • Limb staffs
  • ROA (or was that net income?)

Where did the rest of the money go?

• other properties?
  • staff
  • gold?
  • liquid investments

Too bad we never got a full accounting. I think vp tried to impress lcm's dad by showing him how much lcm got paid. How much was that? I remember one limb meeting in LA when there was a beginning of friction between LA guys and craig ... that wunnerful plane had problems (IIRC) .. craig did a dial up ... big chicken .. :biglaugh:

You left out abortions paid for

Shopping trips

Vacations for the bot`s and spouses in exotic locations...

......and the survey says...

# 1 biggest expendeture of our hard earned abs...ding ding ding...

Attorny`s fees, and court settlements :(

what's the price of a frikkin damaged soul

we don't know what the settlement was for one person ... a million? plus lcm exiled?

multiply the bad cases like that by 100?

then the worst cases ... $2 million each ... 50 of those

and average stuff ... $100,000 times 5000

I don't know ... with all the sheet, they should not still be functioning ...

yet they have access to Gunnison at 15 million .... I guess they have to somehow maintain that as a charitable operation ... that should be investigated. Are they doing a million bucks a year worth of charity there, or is it a perk for the elite? It should be a charitableretreat for ex wayfers ...

So you're out there as a WOW, living on millet with mayo, "believing" to get by ... and of course sending in 15% to HQ. But we were moving da wuhrd ... so it was OK that our 8 hours a day ministry work might earn more money for HQ.

I remember eating mayo sandwiches at times..

:biglaugh:

Yeah, the logic of it all seems rather warped now.

"what does he need all that stuff for, the plane, the motorcycles, the motorcoach, etc. etc...?"

"well, he needs it. To move da WORD.."

somehow I thought that was what WE were out on the "front lines" doing..

I wonder how many mayo sandwiches the vicster ate in his lifetime..

I don't remember the year, '80 or so, when they displayed some experimental snow mobile outside the main tent at the rock. I recall looking at that thing in disbelief. THAT'S where our 'abundant sharing' is going ? I could almost, sort of, understand the plane and the motorcoach, but wtf was this ?

I could almost, sort of, understand the plane and the motorcoach, but wtf was this ?

Yeah, the "SnoWay" IIRC.

That was sorta my sentiments at the time as well. I mean, what the hell was it for? Snowmobiles had already been invented, thank you very much. And this abortion ( it used the bumper jacks from the Volkswagen beetle as track tensioners) broke down continually, from what I was told. Eventually the whole thing was just stored safely away and forgotten about.

Funny, all those times that we KNEW the company line from WayWorld was unadulterated BS, yet we still kept coming back for another portion.

Peculiar how the human mind works sometimes...

I think vp tried to impress lcm's dad by showing him how much lcm got paid.

Actually, I think he tried to impress craig's dad by showing him how much TWI made... telling him his son was going to be in charge of the equivelent of a very large corporation. And, I doubt that their actual "salary" was much at all. It's all the perks that added up because they were often "gifts" from the household or individual believers.

I do distinctly remember craig and donna saying, though, that there was very little in the chalet that they actually owned. They said the items were given "to the ministry" and they were using them but did not own them. I'm sure that was a way to get around paying taxes on what they were given.

Actually, I think he tried to impress craig's dad by showing him how much TWI made... telling him his son was going to be in charge of the equivalent of a very large corporation. And, I doubt that their actual "salary" was much at all. It's all the perks that added up because they were often "gifts" from the household or individual believers.

I do distinctly remember craig and donna saying, though, that there was very little in the chalet that they actually owned. They said the items were given "to the ministry" and they were using them but did not own them. I'm sure that was a way to get around paying taxes on what they were given.

The perks, yes... Like a lovely log cabin. Not a dorm in Founders Hall.

"Given to the ministry"? Well there were lots of collections eg at the end of a class or even for a "gift" for the Prez. A personal gift. For the Prez - not for "the ministry". Of course he owned things. Though I can imagine that bigger items (furniture) might belong to TWI (just like the bunk beds in Founders Hall) - except all theirs in the Chalet definitely was of a different standard (no doubt personally selected by you know who). Probably considerably better than most stuff in the trailers too.

Also I recall at least one time in rez that he gave gifts to us. He had so much stuff in his home as gifts from various people that he had collected up a load of smaller items, ornaments and such like, and we got to pick one that we could keep. Couldn't do that if they all belonged to "the ministry".

Twinky, sorry, I didn't mean they didn't own "anything" I meant the big stuff and really expensive decorations around their home. But I totally agree with your post... there were a LOT of statues and things that were specifically given to craig or donna, not to twi. I think they were just blowing smoke up our orifices at the time... trying to convince us they were really 'of the people'.

Personally I would love to know if they really reported all those "love offerings" of cash that we sent their way for every birthday and anniversary imaginable!!!

Actually, I think he tried to impress craig's dad by showing him how much TWI made... telling him his son was going to be in charge of the equivelent of a very large corporation. And, I doubt that their actual "salary" was much at all. It's all the perks that added up because they were often "gifts" from the household or individual believers.

Of course, they lived rent-free in "the Corps Chalet"- which everyone was told would

be a place visiting Corps could stay when they were visiting-

but was given the name "the President's Home" shortly after it was completed,

and Corps were never going to stay there.

That reminds me-who's living in there, now?

Rent-free, all travel expenses paid for-and NICE TRIPS, nice cars "permanently on loan"

to him (who needs to own when you can have all the privileges and none of the responsibilities?),

permanent maid/ cook services,

PLUS a salary.

OF COURSE it was a tax dodge.

And a way to look like they were living a LOT less posh than they were.

The perks, yes... Like a lovely log cabin. Not a dorm in Founders Hall.

"Given to the ministry"? Well there were lots of collections eg at the end of a class or even for a "gift" for the Prez. A personal gift. For the Prez - not for "the ministry". Of course he owned things. Though I can imagine that bigger items (furniture) might belong to TWI (just like the bunk beds in Founders Hall) - except all theirs in the Chalet definitely was of a different standard (no doubt personally selected by you know who). Probably considerably better than most stuff in the trailers too.

Also I recall at least one time in rez that he gave gifts to us. He had so much stuff in his home as gifts from various people that he had collected up a load of smaller items, ornaments and such like, and we got to pick one that we could keep. Couldn't do that if they all belonged to "the ministry".

Sweet deal.

He got to look like a nice guy, giving you stuff.

He got to get rid of things he didn't want, which were his for free.

And he got to remove the evidence without telling the IRS he ever received it.

Twinky, sorry, I didn't mean they didn't own "anything" I meant the big stuff and really expensive decorations around their home. But I totally agree with your post... there were a LOT of statues and things that were specifically given to craig or donna, not to twi. I think they were just blowing smoke up our orifices at the time... trying to convince us they were really 'of the people'.

Personally I would love to know if they really reported all those "love offerings" of cash that we sent their way for every birthday and anniversary imaginable!!!

Good question.

How much of that (non-traceable) CASH ONLY stuff did the IRS ever heard about?