GreaseSpot Cafe

Shocking Stories of Abuse in Cults

skyrider

Here is the preview ...

Inside a Cult tzmos.candle.dark.gif It might be the most sinister and secretive cult ever! The group has a history of sex with children, seduction and even suicide. We pull back the curtain on The Family International. Has the sect changed its ways? Those who were members talk.

Tonight, 9 pmET!

Email Your questions.

iReport.com: Send your questions in an I-Ask video email!

Do you know anyone who has been in a cult? Yes 27%

No 73%

This is not a scientific poll

I bet most people do know ex culties ... they just don't know about them ...

where was Larry King when we needed him? :o

Just thought I'd let everyone know about CNN's Larry King tonight, where he's interviewing several ex-Children of God members.  There's some striking resemblences to what ex-twi'ers have gone thru with similar damage done to their followers who leave.  

Also Larry has a Psychotherapist, Rachel Berstein on, and an older ex-member, Miriam Williams, who wrote a book called, "Heaven's Harlots: My Fifteen Years As a Sacred Prostitute in the Children of God Cult", who was drawn to the cult in a similar fashion as some of us were to twi.

I've also watched an HBO documentary on the Children of God cult too, called Children of God: Lost and Found, very good documentary, with eerie similitarities to twi in a lot of ways.

Pretty Nasty group apparently.

There was a stink over here a few years back (oztraylia) where the government moved in removing children from the group cause they were concerned the kids were being molested.

Having read a bit of there material I can say that, yeah, there are reasons to be suspicious, with a tendancy to sexualize kids ( and everything!) being quite apparent in their literature.

Apparently the founder, Berg, was a real shagrat.

Lookin thru their book " Thrilling Pictures of the Future", there sure are a lot of very scantily clad people in it.... and some of them loook...umm... well, pretty young.

Edited by Combination