GreaseSpot Cafe

Merrily we roll along

waysider

Ambassador One was used a lot to take people to activities "on the field." I flew on it with a bunch of staff to New Hampshire, where lcm was doing a "Weekend in the Word" or whatever it was called. Often when the plane was flying somewhere, an announcement would be made that staff/Corps could go along, space permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis.

I also flew on Ambassador One from HQ to Cleveland one weekend during my first couple weeks or so in rez. VPW & Mrs. had been invited to an "adult-adult" fellowship here, and the children of the older Cleveland grads (self-named the "adult-adults") were invited to come from HQ and Rome City.

I remember seeing the motor coach (maybe both of them?) in town for Take a Stand Caravan. VPW & Mrs. used to pop over to Rome City from HQ on the Twig Hopper now and then, but I don't remember seeing it otherwise except at ROA or HQ

In the 70s pre- motercoach VP and the Mrs. used to come to Kansas in the old camper. Sometimes they would stay at Dr. Strouds house and hookup the camper there. Generally if they were in town you would see it parked in front of the old Harley store at some point during the stay. One time I was driving down the street when I noticed it (Like you could miss it ) parked by the store. Stopped in and VP and Howard were on official ministry business checking out the bikes. They stopped on the way to Wichita

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with that problem. :biglaugh:

Of course not, there's a lot of us with enough decades to confuse ourselves!

As far as Linda goes, she has a choice between admitting she's old, or having a mind weak enough to confuse her two or three decades of life!!! :biglaugh:

Edited by Lifted Up

The motor coach came through Memphis back in about 1983 bringing Vic who held a branch wide twig meeting. I was able to talk my dad into coming so he could hear him teach. I was dumbfounded that my dad wasn't impressed. I didn't know the driver... it could have been Chris Geer for all I know but I DO remember this about him.... he was dressed just like a Greyhound bus driver. I thought that was a bit odd.

sudo

When Mr. Garden was in college at OU in Athens, Ohio, we were shocked to drive by the colusseum or whatever it was called and see a motor coach parked there. Later we found that they were having the live advanced class 1979 there. So we got to see motor coaches then too.

The old camper came to our apartment complex when we were WOWs and then again for some concert or something, but the second time they stayed in a Holiday Inn.

WG