GreaseSpot Cafe

Geer's Paper & Actions Sanitized Wierwille

skyrider

At times, when Geer's POP paper enters the discussions here at GS......some view it as a clear-cut disclosure of the ills and cover-ups in twi. Yet, that is far from the reality of how it unfolded. Even the very fact that Geer attacked the *adultery paper and its author* gives a clear indication that Geer's actions were to sanitize wierwille and his legacy.

sanitize......1. to make sanitary, as by sterilizing 2. to free from anything considered undesireable, damaging.

It is not my purpose in this thread to review Geer's paper, but to address that Geer DECEPTIVELY and INTENTIONALLY muddied the waters. Here was a guy.....who intricately studied every fabric in wierwille's (and dotsie's) life. Everything!!.......likes, dislikes, mannerisms, pet peeves, eating habits, dog training, conspiracy theories, books, motorcoach driver, bodyguard, evasive driving lessons, guns, paranoia, hidden secrets, agendas, etc. etc. YET......the Patriarch Paper sanitizes the life and legacy of wierwille in every way.

All attacks were laid at the feet of the current trustees..........Craig, Don and Howard.

Broad generalizations that we had "lost the word"..........

And, only geer could lead "all who were humble" back to wierwille's "original ministry."

The INFORMATION TSUNAMI on Waydale and GreaseSpot these past ten years have exposed wierwille and twi from every imaginable aspect. Clearly, imo........geer *idolized* wierwille in every sense of the word and saw this opportunity to power-grab a huge chunk of followers. And, obviously........geer was quick to BURY ANY WIERWILLE-ADULTERY ISSUES with threats of excommunication and spirit-possession labeling.

Even the current "Way theology/sex" thread shows how devious wierwille was in twisting scripture.

What direction did Geer give??? What solutions came to the forefront???..........Oh, yeah --- subscribe to HIS tapes and listen to HIS posthumous rehashing of pfal and soon, you too, will be indoctrinated back into the wierwille fold.

Same song, different pew.

:evildenk:

Edited by skyrider

Presenting the then-current Trustees as deviating from Wierwille's idealized path was probably the only approach that would have had any affect on the Wayfers of that day. Even the paper that Lynn, Dubofsky et al put out attacked the issues within TWI from the point of view of having deviated from what Wierwille taught.

Presenting the then-current Trustees as deviating from Wierwille's idealized path was probably the only approach that would have had any affect on the Wayfers of that day. Even the paper that Lynn, Dubofsky et al put out attacked the issues within TWI from the point of view of having deviated from what Wierwille taught.

Yes, yes, yes...........deviating from wierwille's path was the *spiritual offense* according to Geer (and others). Somewhere along the way, we took the wrong fork ......we were not following the signposts of pfal. No longer was God's blessing on our lives. We were no longer "following the yellow brick road."

How long did it take to PULL BACK THE CURTAIN and see "the wonderful wizard of oz?" <_<

Geer could not have been more wrong. Geer was pointing us to keep on, keeping on.

The 1986 POP paper was simply a diversion.....to follow Geer (who was following wierwille). Geer was a post-humous mediator to help us continue following a false teacher, a dead man's works. Whether we bolted to his splinter, or another splinter matters very little.........it was just another diversion on a detour road.

:spy:

Edited by skyrider

Good points skyrider, I think G*er needs far more exposure for what he really is/was than he's gotten here.

Broad generalizations that we had "lost the word"..........

And, only geer could lead "all who were humble" back to wierwille's "original ministry."

I find it interesting too that Ge*r only includes the trustees and later the Corps as viable to help bring us back to the word.  In this letter in the GS archives, CLICK HERE he heartlessly tells everyone else who doesn't fit into those two categories, thanks, but no thanks, regarding offers to help, what can we do, and can I have a copy of the POOP too?  

He then goes on to say only the expertly trained and equiped can handle it, otherwise you peons can't cut it.  Sorry, you don't have the right stuff to walk with God, he actually uses the word inadequate, uses a firefighting analogy (reminiscent of LCM's analogies btw), indicates only the Corps are the only ones trained enough to carry on the great outreach of the word and it is written lifestyle, firmly establishing the way hierarchy in stone..cement slippers, all others are dispensable undeveloped ne'er-do-wells not able to handle the spiritual significance of such great important matters, never mind according to Ge*r their own spiritual destiny hangs in the balance.  

The irony of it is those top leaders that responded to him were in it thick as thieves, on the downlow, keen on keeping the way of adultery, deception, and dollars, those that failed him either wanted their own symbiotic parallel ministries, or were the true ones, rejecting the whole shiester werewillian adultery deception package.

As with so much of the correspondence, written, and taped information that came out of his mouth, you go away scratching your head, in a state of confusion with no answers, and certain that you have very little significance compared to others who are so much more important than you or anything you might contribute.  Great leadership and teaching to God's people, this letter was sent to everyone.

Good points skyrider, I think G*er needs far more exposure for what he really is/was than he's gotten here.

I find it interesting too that Ge*r only includes the trustees and later the Corps as viable to help bring us back to the word.  In this letter in the GS archives, CLICK HERE he heartlessly tells everyone else who doesn't fit into those two categories, thanks, but no thanks, regarding offers to help, what can we do, and can I have a copy of the POOP too?  

nowIsee........interesting points. Thanks.

While I understand that some might appreciate the fact that Cgeer's paper and actions spurred a mass "exodus"......was it really an exodus, if say 50% climbed aboard his flagship "ministry?" With all that Waydale and GS have exposed in the past ten years on wierwille........it seems to me, that Cgeer caused a diversion, sanitized wierwille and his legacy, and cranked up his Euro-twi ministry.

One of the greatest feats in a con game........is to do it and they don't even know they were conned.

:evildenk:

I used to believe every protestation of trustee and Way Corps competency that I heard. Now I just believe that the trustees just turned the Corps into glorified yes men, and women, who were taught enough info to sound competent.

It seems evident that the primary qualification for those that Geer said were qualified was in truth that he owned them.

I mean every story I've heard of actual involvement with top leadership simply involved a Pavlovian response to a certain manner and/or oratory style.

I think that the Corps, as far as being actually able to lead people away from this TWI cesspool were no better than trained monkeys.

And those who showed themselves to be made of better stuff like Schoenheit and Dubovsky were quickly shown the door and excommunicated.

(edited for grammar)

Edited by JeffSjo

I used to believe every protestation of trustee and Way Corps competency that I heard. Now I just believe that the trustees just turned the Corps into glorified yes men, and women, who were taught enough info to sound competent.

It seems evident that the primary qualification for those that Geer said were qualified was in truth that he owned them.

I mean every story I've heard of actual involvement with top leadership simply involved a Pavlovian response to a certain manner and/or oratory style.

I think that the Corps, as far as being actually able to lead people away from this TWI cesspool were no better than trained monkeys.

And those who showed themselves to be made of better stuff like Schoenheit and Dubovsky were quickly shown the door and excommunicated.

(edited for grammar)

It was a corps grad who helped my husband and I leave TWI. He was a limb leader and he and his wife were kind and gentle people.

He left on his own after learning much of what was going on. . . He didn't let anyone follow him further than the door.

He played a phone message he had gotten from Craig for hubby and I. . . it was VILE. He held nothing back, said what he was doing with HIS family. . . the choice was ours . . . . he wouldn't advise anyone, but just give us the facts.

He told the corps present they were NOT qualified to be in anyone's business and he a pretty much blew the whole spiritual elitism out of the water. He woke up. . . saw what the heck he had been involved in and walked away.

I still think of him as a nice guy. There were some very good people in TWI. They may have been the exception. . . . but they were there.

With all that Waydale and GS have exposed in the past ten years on wierwille........it seems to me, that Cgeer caused a diversion, sanitized wierwille and his legacy, and cranked up his Euro-twi ministry.

One of the greatest feats in a con game........is to do it and they don't even know they were conned.

Exactly, he could only do this by keeping everyone in the dark, engaging the con, and lauding the congiver as everyone's father in the verd, glossing over everything else, instead of the ministry be not blamed it turned to wierwille be not blamed.  

Geer basked in reflected glory. He had none of his own. At least VPW seems to have had an engaging personality; Geer exuded ego, slickness, falseness. He was/is an egotistical and manipulative character who does not know the meaning of "help" or "service". So to retain his own "status" he had to glorify the man who gave him status - VPW.

If he hadn't published "POP"? LCM mightn't have had his "fog years" period. Would TWI have imploded sooner, or later?

Geer basked in reflected glory. He had none of his own. At least VPW seems to have had an engaging personality; Geer exuded ego, slickness, falseness. He was/is an egotistical and manipulative character who does not know the meaning of "help" or "service". So to retain his own "status" he had to glorify the man who gave him status - VPW.

If he hadn't published "POP"? LCM mightn't have had his "fog years" period. Would TWI have imploded sooner, or later?

Twinky......yes, *Geer basked in reflected glory*.....nicely put!

Concerning the aspect, had Geer NOT published POP.......of course, to even go there one is walking back into history and speculating the outcome. But for the sake of discussion, it deserves a juxtaposition. It is my opinion that twi/pfal had run its course for many by the mid-80s......especially the long-standing faithful and the corps 1-10. And, when I reflect on many of those 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th corps.......many had ALREADY distanced themselves from twi.

When Geer's paper and actions stirred the pot......he also turned up "the heat" with those dissipating buzz words, "father in the word, original ministry," etc. and challenged the corps to reinstate their allegiance to wierwille. I am quite sure that all of us have vastly diverging opinions of all this..........but then, LOOK AT THE FRUIT OF GEER'S ACTIONS.

WHAT WAS THE RESULT? Newletters, subscriptions and books that gave hundreds of references back to wierwille.......a franchising of classes where pfal was the bedrock on which to build. Nearly 23 years have passed since Geer *came to America* to read "wierwille's last will and testament." In the end, what has been the result?

Another thing.........patriarch -- 1. the father and ruler of a family or tribe, as one of the founders of the ancient Hebrew families; in the Bible, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Jacob's twelve sons were patriarchs. 2. a person regarded as the founder or father of a colony, religion, business, etc.

As I saw it, Geer's title of his paper........"The Passing of a Patriarch" was a journalized account of Geer wanting to stand approved before (his "father") wierwille, the patriarch of the family. [Much like JAL noted in June 2008 that he thought wierwille would be proud of him.] To me, it's an interesting venture into the psyche of the man, Chr1s Ge3r.

Guess I just never bought into that "father in the verd"......"patriarch" stuff.

<_<

I was thinking when I heard about and read Geer's paper was "how convenient." How convenient was it that he had all this inside special information and he waits until no one's left to confirm or deny the validity of what he was saying.

I think the guy saw an opportunity and took the chance that lots of people would believe him and follow him. By that time we were convinced that the whole thing was not worth being involved with anymore.

This whole discussion makes me wonder if there wasn't a specific point at which the organization imploded. I'm not talking about "spiritually" but rather as the business venture that it was. I'm thinking it had already crashed and these other events, such as POP, the loyalty letter, the no-debt edict, etc. were simply what followed. Think in terms of a contagious disease. There's an exact moment when the disease is contracted. That's what I'm talking about. Next there is an incubation, followed by symptoms and finally, the aftermath of any permanent damage the disease may have inflicted. So, what I wonder is, was that "moment" at the inception of the WOW program, the expansion of the Way Corps, the live class in 1977, the AC in 1979, the reinvention of ROA, or what? If there was such a moment, the sanitization idea makes a great deal of sense. It's the symptom treatment phase. Now we are experiencing the aftermath. Hopefully, we've built some immunity in the process.

Perhaps that "moment" was when Wierwille hijacked the ministries of Heefner and Doop...maybe when he put the class on film...

I believe the twi disease began at it's inception...when Vic started palming himself off as a mog...and yes, clearly geer recognized that his own future depended on his sanitizing Vic and building on the original con that worked so well. He discredited lcm who was deviating from Vic's doctrines and Vic's money making programs (wow program, roa, and pfal class)...lcm was a dumb okie with a big mouth whereas geer was a calculating sociopath who, it seems, had ulterior motives.

This whole discussion makes me wonder if there wasn't a specific point at which the organization imploded. I'm not talking about "spiritually" but rather as the business venture that it was. I'm thinking it had already crashed and these other events, such as POP, the loyalty letter, the no-debt edict, etc. were simply what followed. Think in terms of a contagious disease. There's an exact moment when the disease is contracted. That's what I'm talking about. Next there is an incubation, followed by symptoms and finally, the aftermath of any permanent damage the disease may have inflicted. So, what I wonder is, was that "moment" at the inception of the WOW program, the expansion of the Way Corps, the live class in 1977, the AC in 1979, the reinvention of ROA, or what? If there was such a moment, the sanitization idea makes a great deal of sense. It's the symptom treatment phase. Now we are experiencing the aftermath. Hopefully, we've built some immunity in the process.

waysider........I'm not sure that it could be classified as *a moment*..........but I do find it interesting to review the progression of wierwille's ascension BACK ON THE THRONE OF PROMINENCE.

1) wierwille ordains geer in 1982.....and sobs like he's sending his own son away

2) geer is assigned gartmore and europe responsibilities

3) wierwille put mantle on martindale in 1982......and retires from the throne.

4) martindale "increases in stature".......wierwille is "no longer in spotlight."

5) wierwille, with eye problem, cancer and needing praise/pity.....goes to geer in final days.

6) geer claims vpw gave "last will" to him......even in pop paper, no specifics.

7) geer can only trump martindale/trustees by ELEVATING wierwille and SANITIZING wierwille.

8) pop paper was a LOYALTY LETTER FOR WIERWILLE......the sinister plan worked.

9) geer had a better "vp and me" trump card than martindale or don or howard

10) Even in a small kingdom.......it's nice to accompany the king.

<_<

It was a corps grad who helped my husband and I leave TWI. He was a limb leader and he and his wife were kind and gentle people.

He left on his own after learning much of what was going on. . . He didn't let anyone follow him further than the door.

He played a phone message he had gotten from Craig for hubby and I. . . it was VILE. He held nothing back, said what he was doing with HIS family. . . the choice was ours . . . . he wouldn't advise anyone, but just give us the facts.

He told the corps present they were NOT qualified to be in anyone's business and he a pretty much blew the whole spiritual elitism out of the water. He woke up. . . saw what the heck he had been involved in and walked away.

I still think of him as a nice guy. There were some very good people in TWI. They may have been the exception. . . . but they were there.

I'm really glad for you and your family that they were there. I'm guessing that if they knew then what we knew now at the Greasespot that they would have been more forceful.

I just would not be content anymore to do anything less than persuade anyone I knew to get far, far away from TWI.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by JeffSjo

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding that 37-page paper.........

On the GS Radio episode Through the Fog, RD explains the background development and thinking behind this 37-page paper authored by JAL, PL, RD, TR, RB and SP. And, according to RD's account, as they discussed the pertinent details of how to best address the then-current trustees (1987).......he (RD) argued in favor of exposing the whole thing, the spiritual deception, the wierwille-adultery, the grooming of leaders, the abuse to hundreds of women, etc........but JAL lobbied from the point of leaving wierwille's "credibility" intact to help bridge the gap of such divergency. JAL was still on twi payroll in Washington D.C.............and "JAL's lobbying" won out.

Further.......this paper was to be "an initial step" towards resolution. And, one of the intended goals was to communicate with the then-current trustees and later......ANOTHER CLERGY MEETING to address these many issues in an open forum.

Remember, the November 1986 clergy meeting with geer was complete paranoia......packing "heat" at the podium, implicating the trustees as "off the word," sanitizing wierwille's name and legacy, and speaking in cryptic fragments.

NO WONDER several clergy left geer's meeting.............NO WONDER many left twi seeing that geer was a pompous a$$ playing a shell-game of his own.

RalphD......wherever you are.......you were/are THE REAL DEAL. In my opinion, YOU were the one that *stood in the gap* for the oppressed and abused, hazarding your life for the *true work* of a ministry, fighting the *wolves* that were snarling and devouring, and laboring with no self-interests or self-promotion towards a splinter group following.

No one could have done more. Thanks Ralph. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Edited by skyrider