GreaseSpot Cafe

Calling All Innies

Oakspear

I have a few questions for the innies among us:

1. Is Way Corps training held at HQ and not at Gunnison?

2. Have the "tree" terms, i.e. trunk, limb etc been totally done away with?

3. Are the titles, President, Vice President or Secretary Treasurer being used at all?

4. What is the difference between the Candidate and Apprentice Way Corps years?

Thanks

If you are an innie and don't want to be found out by your leadership that you post here, or even read here, you might like to send Oakspear the message in a private message. To do that, put your pointer on his name at the left, and select "send message ". He is a worthy man and will not leak your private credentials to anyone.

When I read Calling all Innies, my first thought went to bellie buttons and piercings (Oakspear wants to know if twi allows it) and then my silly thinking went to the First Church of the Navelites.

Wish I could help you Oakspear.

Well, if people send you PMs or emails, are you going to post the answers here so that we can all know?

I have a few questions for the innies among us:

1. Is Way Corps training held at HQ and not at Gunnison?

2. Have the "tree" terms, i.e. trunk, limb etc been totally done away with?

3. Are the titles, President, Vice President or Secretary Treasurer being used at all?

4. What is the difference between the Candidate and Apprentice Way Corps years?

Thanks

Oak, I'm not an innie but have enough contact with people who are to know a lot of this stuff.

1. Yes - Corps at HQ as of a couple years ago. Gunnison is only a vacation spot now where they run classes. No BOD member there anymore.

2. No, still in force.

3. Well, last year yes. This year the BOD is a new structure where the 5 pompous @sses are just "Board Members" with R0sie 0'Donnell R1venbark as the "Chairman of the Board". They even have new titles, like Donna as "Chief Administrative Officer" - hahahaha, and a CFO. They have people running things for them with titles. It's still all about politics and shining up to the right people.

4. Candidate = like old Apprentice year in local areas. Apprentice = assigned to go out Way Disciple and run a team. 2 yrs in-residence, then graduate. The old pillars are trying to convince their kids to go in now, with little success as Gen X/Y seem to have a few more brain cells than allowing all that control over them.

You got that right Leafy!  I didn't meet too many people whose parents approved, I wish I would have listened to my parent's concerns.  

I regret ever having gone in the corps and one too many wow years, if the object was to spread God's word and love, I would have been much more effective in doing that in a city of my own choosing and as a result of my own personal relationship with God and Christ, rather than putting myself thru these mock programs put together by such empty people.

I still wonder about the little book though. Is it still there? Or is the embarassment that 99 percent of the names of those who (practically) broke their backs contributing to that particular construction project are people loy castigated/marked and avoided/purged/whatever, that they've felt justified removing it from public display? Just wonder..

• 2 weeks later...