GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

"I was going to the worst place in the world and I didn't even know it yet."

No one could get it from just that one line, huh? Okay, here's another line (I'll make them progrssively easier -- if I gave you any of the obvious lines, all of you would get it in a second):

"What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey!"

if I gave you any of the obvious lines, all of you would get it in a second

Which is, interestingly, the idea of this game.

"Name that Flick" is the proper venue for more challenging quotes. (Though, even there one often has to give easy clues after the more difficult ones don't click.)

George

Which is, interestingly, the idea of this game.

"Name that Flick" is the proper venue for more challenging quotes. (Though, even there one often has to give easy clues after the more difficult ones don't click.)

Gotcha. So, in light of that, here's the definitive line:

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

I did guess soul searcher. Really I was struck thinking that some previous posts were not enough to guess for some people. And my first thought was sounds like Apocalypses Now!

After (Charlie don't surf) and you haven't got it, your not likely to have seen it.

Left another one for the gamers on my previous post.

I have no idea.

I think what George is saying above is that we are to present clues that give the movie away easily such as, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

The line you gave above, while no doubt a key line from whatever movie it is, could have been said in any number of movies.

Edited by soul searcher

And, of course, what one person considers to be an obvious line from a well-known movie may not match other people's experiences. I rarely see Academy Award winners, because they're too "artsy." Even many of those, though, I could guess because the tag lines are very well-known.

Just because I don't know the answer, though, doesn't invalidate the clue. :) On the other hand, if you say, "If I use this line, it will give it away"; and so, don't use it, you're missing the point of this thread.

George

P.S. I still can't place this flick.

:blush: OK Iget it. It needs to be easily recoginized/.

I get it. To me these are easy for me. I'll try to make it easier from here on.

Continued----------

It's incredible. Only in America do people

like us rise from oppression and poverty

to join hands in this international event.

- Excuse me.

- Only in America!

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes