GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

"The Martians had no resistance to the bacteria in our atmosphere to which we have long since become immune. Once they had breathed our air, germs, which no longer affect us, began to kill them. The end came swiftly. All over the world, their machines began to stop and fall. After all that men could do had failed, the Martians were destroyed and humanity was saved by the littlest things, which God, in His wisdom, had put upon this Earth."

George

War of the Worlds - actually from the "original" text of the first Hollywood production in the 50's as well as from HG Wells book.

That's it. You're up, Rummie!

George

OK I know I seem to watch obscure movies so I will give a hint besides the "one line" First line actors were Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman. The line...

"This... is from...Matilda"

I seem to remember a film with Jean Reno as a professional assassin and a young girl he grudgingly protects. It was a while ago, so maybe that was Portman. I think it was called "The Professional."

George

Bingo - over to you

• 2 weeks later...

This one needs two lines. The first barely narrows it down. ;)

"I'll be back!"

"Only in the reruns, darlin'."

George

"Don't touch that dial!"

"What's the greatest television show in the whole wide world?"

"THE RUNNING MAN!"

"Who loves you, and who do you love?"

"KILLIAN!

"It's showtime!"

I think Richard Dawson LOVED acting in that movie. He certainly seemed to

be the actor who enjoyed it most.

Yep. "The Running Man." It featured Erland van Lidth de Jeude as Dynamo. Erland was an acquaintance of mine at MIT, where he was an engineering major, wrestler, and actor. I believe that it is actually his voice in the scenes where Dynamo is singing opera. In "Stir Crazy," another voice was dubbed in the scene where he sings in a jail cell. His first feature film was "The Wanderers." Sadly, weight was always a problem, and he died of heart failure at the young age of 34. :(

Go, WW.

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hiway got it. Honor Blackman was the Bond girl, "Pus sy Galore." (Of course, the Austin Powers character "Alotta Vagina" was a direct spoof.) After having met her, Bond comes across her in a barn and exclaims her name. I suppose that if I could have typed it with his Scottish burr, it would have been more obvious.

Go, hiway!

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, though the scene does involve golf, and it is a comedy.

I just realized that I had the name wrong; and the exact quote is "Just be the ball, be the ball, be the ball. You're not being the ball Danny."

Here's another line: "This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion."

George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes