GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

This might not give it away to everyone, but it was my favorite exchange:

"What was THAT?"

"I believe it was the sound the Green Lantern made when Sinestro through him into a vat of acid."

George

We discussed this before. :)

"Epa!!!"

That was from The Simpsons Movie.

BTW, I hope you're at least aware of the "Blackest Night" storyline.

I expected it to be horribly bad, but it seems to work, and it's including some stuff I never thought

they'd use again (Xanshi and the big bad secretly behind it.)

THIS is how a writer can use his inner fanboy for GOOD and not for evil.

If nothing else, you might check your local shops for the shirts and rings. The rings are expected to start

coming out in November.

Edited by WordWolf

Yes, I did use the same exchange in "Name That Flick," but it was so unique that I thought I'd use it here, as well. If no one got it, I'd have gone with "D'oh!"

Blackest Night has been interesting. (I especially like the fact that the black rings can't raise from the dead someone "at peace.")

Making Black Hand, previously a second-rate villain, the cornerstone of the series is a little silly though.

I have a Green Lantern T-shirt and ring. I don't need the others. :)

I assume that someone (probably Hal Jordan) will wield all of the colored rings, combining them into a white power to destroy the black ones.

Anyway, you're up!

George

(snip)

I assume that someone (probably Hal Jordan) will wield all of the colored rings, combining them into a white power to destroy the black ones.

Anyway, you're up!

George

I'm SO hoping that doesn't happen-especially since they seem mutually exclusive.

(Green and Blue didn't even mix- could you imagine someone trying to wield Rage and Hope at the same time?)

Ok, let's see...

• 2 weeks later...

"Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus."

"Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed!"

George

"Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus."

"Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed!"

George

"Miracle on 34th Street."

Different theme on this thread, I see.

It's a Clint Eastwood movie, but I'm not sure which one.

"Dirty Harry"?

George

You got it. Actually the line(s) that are oft remembered are "Feeling lucky punk? Go ahead. Make my day."

Edited by RumRunner

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes