GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

come on, guys!

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/4ujzgtWS76P/Tea+And+Sympathy/Tea+And+Sympathy

Tea and Sympathy

I know it sounds corny but the ending will rock you.

I couldn't even come up with a good guess up until this clue soul searcher. Are we talking about Sympathy With The Devil?

I couldn't even come up with a good guess up until this clue soul searcher. Are we talking about Sympathy With The Devil?

No, the clue was the phrase "coke and sympathy" from Let It Bleed. The movie I was referring to was "Tea and Sympathy".

FREE POST!

Human,

There are a lot of great, old movies; but most of them aren't really suited to this thread, as very few of us have seen them. Unless it was a real blockbuster like "Gone with the Wind" or frequently quoted like "Casablanca," it's not likely to be remembered from one line. Something like "Tea and Sympathy" is better suited to "Name that Flick," where several lines can (and should) be given. Even there, though, you're likely to "stump the panel" with any movie made before 1960 (or 1970!).

Let's try this one:

"General, would you like to step outside?"

George

Okay, maybe that LINE was a bit obscure, but the movie isn't. Here's another brief exchange from the same film:

"What am I gonna do with you people, huh? I held up my end; I delivered the Blue Boy… What do I get for my triple threat? "Bow! Yield! Kneel!" That kind of stuff closes out of town."

"Why do you say this to me… when you know I will kill you for it?"

George

Human,

There are a lot of great, old movies; but most of them aren't really suited to this thread, as very few of us have seen them. Unless it was a real blockbuster like "Gone with the Wind" or frequently quoted like "Casablanca," it's not likely to be remembered from one line. Something like "Tea and Sympathy" is better suited to "Name that Flick," where several lines can (and should) be given. Even there, though, you're likely to "stump the panel" with any movie made before 1960 (or 1970!).

Let's try this one:

"General, would you like to step outside?"

George

"....Thank God.....

...I mean, GET HIM!!"

"That's an ANIMATED Cat! You have an ANIMATED CAT in the squad room!!"

"Yeah, that's Lt. Whiskers. He'll be here tomorrow, too. What's your point?"

George

It's a little easier for me to remember movies that filmed in the Times

Square area, and I walked through while they had something set up.

(That accounts for very few movies, actually.)

In this case, it's "Last Action Hero."

Starring Ah-nuld and some other folks, including an animated cat.

The first line doesn't ring a bell, but the second almost has to be from "Blazing Saddles."

George

It IS "Blazing Saddles".

The first quote was from "The Great Pie Fight" towards the end.

Slim Pickens ended up with food all over him, then shoved across the counter.

When he reached the cash registers, the worker there charged him for the 3 dishes

he was wearing.

"Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these b@stards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

George

"You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, GodD*it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' "

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes