GreaseSpot Cafe

Meetings

crystalclearblue

I was reading some old posts about a man who was ripped to shreads at a Twig Coord meeting at the ROA . I thought it would be interesting to hear from people who were at meetings where someone was humiliated or verbally assaulted. Doesn't matter if the meeting was small or big. I was at several, sometimes I was the one being yelled at. One time I was yelled at in front of everyone because I suggested we ask the person we were talking about what their opinion was on the matter. I was yelled at until I couldn't see straight. How dare! I suggest that person had the right to have any input. So weird. Took a long time to recover from. What have been your experiences?

• Upvote 1

We had a weekend long "break you" session, with guards at the doors, in FLO. FLO was a "leadership" training program that was loosely fashioned after the first couple years of Way Corpse. ( 2 year in-res., food co-op, communal living arrangements, "run to the tree and back", 5:30 AM fellowship, night twigs, work assignments, isolationism, blah, blah, blah, blah.) It was out in the middle of Podunkville.

I never heard the session given a name, but the accounts I have read describing Momentus sound strikingly similar.

To say we were yelled and screamed at would be a gross understatement.

At one point I was asked to stand in front and answer a rather vague question.

I prefaced my response with, "I think---".

I never got to give my actually response because the person doing the interrogation immediately proceeded to verbally rip me to shreds and humiliate me in front of 50 other people. No one got missed that weekend. One person "snapped" and was never the same again for the duration of the program.

Is that the kind of stuff you're talking about?

Edited by waysider

I once stepped on a hive of yellow jackets during a limb picnic. I was @13 and wasn't goofing off or anything. I got stood up in front of the Limb and was reproved, everyone was told not to feel bad for me because I was out of fellowship. My father stood up their and ensured I complied with whatever the Limb coordinator said.

To this day my folks can only see the LOVE the Limb coordinator had for me. @#$&*! love.

We had a weekend long "break you" session, with guards at the doors, in FLO. FLO was a "leadership" training program that was loosely fashioned after the first couple years of Way Corpse. ( 2 year in-res., food co-op, communal living arrangements, "run to the tree and back", 5:30 AM fellowship, night twigs, work assignments, isolationism, blah, blah, blah, blah.) It was out in the middle of Podunkville.

I never heard the session given a name, but the accounts I have read describing Momentus sound strikingly similar.

To say we were yelled and screamed at would be a gross understatement.

At one point I was asked to stand in front and answer a rather vague question.

I prefaced my response with, "I think---".

I never got to give my actually response because the person doing the interrogation immediately proceeded to verbally rip me to shreds and humiliate me in front of 50 other people. No one got missed that weekend. One person "snapped" and was never the same again for the duration of the program.

Is that the kind of stuff you're talking about?

Yes. That's something, I never heard of FLO. Thanks for sharing.

I once stepped on a hive of yellow jackets during a limb picnic. I was @13 and wasn't goofing off or anything. I got stood up in front of the Limb and was reproved, everyone was told not to feel bad for me because I was out of fellowship. My father stood up their and ensured I complied with whatever the Limb coordinator said.

To this day my folks can only see the LOVE the Limb coordinator had for me. @#$&*! love.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Did anyone show you any compassion? I take it your parents are still in?

Seems anytime,anywhere somthing bad happened,the individual was out of fellowship.

The dam! limb coordinator should of got his as@ stung by the yellowjackets.

I saw someone reeaed mercilessly for having to stand up, go to the bathroom.. even before the meeting even started..

apparently he blocked the view of the magnanimous leader from the masses.. it was viewed as a "spiritual" attack. No kidding..

I saw someone reeaed mercilessly for having to stand up, go to the bathroom.. even before the meeting even started..

apparently he blocked the view of the magnanimous leader from the masses.. it was viewed as a "spiritual" attack. No kidding..

I found out later,he was "called out" because of his family situation,no matter what he would of done he was marked out.

to be taken out.

One of my best friends and I did nothing..............

I have since "corrected said situation"though after his wife had passed away.

I am glad I am out my behavior sucked,it was not "Me".

Of course as twi continued to "bite and devour"I suffered my share of "face meltings"

Finally it was enough.....

• Upvote 1

Seems anytime,anywhere somthing bad happened,the individual was out of fellowship.

The dam! limb coordinator should of got his as@ stung by the yellowjackets.

If the LC had gotten stung, EVERYONE would have been reamed out for allowing it to happen by "failing to believe"!

:realmad: George

One of my best friends and I did nothing..............

I have since "corrected said situation"though after his wife had passed away.

I am glad I am out my behavior sucked,it was not "Me".

Of course as twi continued to "bite and devour"I suffered my share of "face meltings"

Finally it was enough.....

I think it wasn't because we didn't do anything.. I think it was because we really didn't know WHAT to do..

I sat in that little meeting.. I was shocked and stunned. Most of the people in the audience were beaten down to where they couldn't speak up.

Almost forgot.

Every Wednesday night was a scream-fest and humiliation session in Fellow Laborers.

We were never "good enough" to please the MOG.

I spent most of my time in Ohio, so I would be interested to know if this was pretty much the case with the FLO program regardless of the "MOG" during the years, say, 1974 through say 1978. There was one leader we all thought "walked on water" so to speak. I'm not sure which FLO class you were in.

I spent most of my time in Ohio, so I would be interested to know if this was pretty much the case with the FLO program regardless of the "MOG" during the years, say, 1974 through say 1978. There was one leader we all thought "walked on water" so to speak. I'm not sure which FLO class you were in.

FLO was a two year, in-res. program that was the brain child of E.B^rt*n, the first Ohio limb leader.

It ran on the TWI year,not the calender year. (ex.: August,1974-August,1976 =FLO3)

We (the 50 or so FLO) lived communal style in an off-site apartment complex about a half hour away from limb HQ.

The program, itself, was based at the limb HQ in rural Ohio, about an hour and a half drive from Int. HQ..

The property (5 or 6 acres?) had an old "party/banquet house" that we called the BRC. This is where we had our FLO meetings, held classes and ate dinner each night as a group. There was also a farm house that served as home to the limb leader and family. In addition, we worked a rather large "garden" on the back potion of the property. This served to provide the 49 or 50 of us with quite a bit of our fresh food supply. B^rt*n was in charge during FLO1, FLO2 and the first year of FLO3 (1974). There was also a coordinator for the men and a coordinator for the women who were chosen from amongst our ranks. It was E.B. who recruited me with the concept of spending two years of study in the Book of Acts with a view toward returning to our home areas as better prepared leaders. In 1975, the last year of FLO3/first year of FLO4, E.B. went back to Int. HQ and was replaced by H@w!e Y, who was called back to Int. HQ after one year. At the end of that year (all years started in August, right after The Rock)H.Y. was replaced by J!m M!ln3 who was in charge of the last year of FLO4 and both years of FLO5. (FLO4=8/1975-8/1977//FLO5=8/1976-8/1978) After that, I think Pat and Donna S. became limb leaders but I am not certain of that. Things got especially "intense" during the last year of FLO4 and during FLO5. Is that enough information to answer the question?

edit:

There was a guy who posted here a couple years ago (LNM) who said he was FLO1. He said it was a one year commitment and more like a Way Home, which is an entirely different animal.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

FLO was a two year, in-res. program that was the brain child of E.B^rt*n, the first Ohio limb leader.

It ran on the TWI year,not the calender year. (ex.: August,1974-August,1976 =FLO3)

We (the 50 or so FLO) lived communal style in an off-site apartment complex about a half hour away from limb HQ.

The program, itself, was based at the limb HQ in rural Ohio, about an hour and a half drive from Int. HQ..

The property (5 or 6 acres?) had an old "party/banquet house" that we called the BRC. This is where we had our FLO meetings, held classes and ate dinner each night as a group. There was also a farm house that served as home to the limb leader and family. In addition, we worked a rather large "garden" on the back potion of the property. This served to provide the 49 or 50 of us with quite a bit of our fresh food supply. B^rt*n was in charge during FLO1, FLO2 and the first year of FLO3 (1974). There was also a coordinator for the men and a coordinator for the women who were chosen from amongst our ranks. It was E.B. who recruited me with the concept of spending two years of study in the Book of Acts with a view toward returning to our home areas as better prepared leaders. In 1975, the last year of FLO3/first year of FLO4, E.B. went back to Int. HQ and was replaced by H@w!e Y, who was called back to Int. HQ after one year. At the end of that year (all years started in August, right after The Rock)H.Y. was replaced by J!m M!ln3 who was in charge of the last year of FLO4 and both years of FLO5. (FLO4=8/1975-8/1977//FLO5=8/1976-8/1978) After that, I think Pat and Donna S. became limb leaders but I am not certain of that. Things got especially "intense" during the last year of FLO4 and during FLO5. Is that enough information to answer the question?

edit:

There was a guy who posted here a couple years ago (LNM) who said he was FLO1. He said it was a one year commitment and more like a Way Home, which is an entirely different animal.

Yes! Thank you!

The worst verbal assault that I witnessed was when this guy (10th corps, Emporia), snuck into town for beer and pizza and got caught. Martindale waited until 3am and woke up the entire corps and had them meet...he then proceeded to rip this guy to shreads in front of everyone...it was mind numbing...had I been that guy, I would have turned and walked out...he stood there and took it.

The worst verbal assault that I witnessed was when this guy (10th corps, Emporia), snuck into town for beer and pizza and got caught. Martindale waited until 3am and woke up the entire corps and had them meet...he then proceeded to rip this guy to shreads in front of everyone...it was mind numbing...had I been that guy, I would have turned and walked out...he stood there and took it.

All of you did.

If the LC had gotten stung, EVERYONE would have been reamed out for allowing it to happen by "failing to believe"!

:realmad: George

Absolutely true and lived to see it. (Never got my t-shirt though) When our branch coordinator quit, all of the advanced class grads in the state were called together and screamed at for half an hour for not seeing this coming. Uh, this was our LC, who lived 10 minutes from the guy and talked to him daily. But the people who never met him and lived an hour away should have gotten revelation? Only in TWI-land. :realmad:

JT

Absolutely true and lived to see it. (Never got my t-shirt though) When our branch coordinator quit, all of the advanced class grads in the state were called together and screamed at for half an hour for not seeing this coming. Uh, this was our LC, who lived 10 minutes from the guy and talked to him daily. But the people who never met him and lived an hour away should have gotten revelation? Only in TWI-land. :realmad:

JT

Yeah, AS IF! any of you would have ever been welcome to express an opinion about one of the elite. I once, being very naive mentioned after a meeting how the leadership in the room were "Off the word" for suggesting we pray for certain people to change or die. Well, that one got around and was I ever ripped to shreds.

Then later when it was confronted by the really big leadership that believers should not have been involved with that, they all acted like they had been offended at the mere thought of praying for someone to die. No apologies to me or pats on the back for seeing this coming.

What happens when narcisists are confronted. :asdf: