GreaseSpot Cafe

The New and Improved Website of TWI?

Nottawayfer

They don't even list a phone number.

Just "P.O.Box 328"

Further evidence (as if anymore were needed) that they're simply playing the "non-profit corporation" game while they slowly spend down that pile of cash. Everybody keeps talking about how they're losing numbers and there's nothing new to attract new members. Gee, you think that's all accidental? I think not...

You guys just weren't looking hard enough. Sure, there's a phone number (fax number too).... if you want to BUY something. http://theway.org/bookstore.php?page=waymagazine&lang=en .

At one time I thought you had to be abundantly sharing to get stuff from the bookstore. Anyone know when that changed?

sudo

"You guys just weren't looking hard enough. Sure, there's a phone number (fax number too).... if you want to BUY something".

HaHaHa----I would have NEVER found it, then.

Edited by waysider

From the site:

Issue #1: "Biblical research is not only at the foundation of The Way Ministry but also at the foundation of each of our individual lives. Biblical research is for every believer, not just a few."

WOW! Still claiming they are doing that...

Issue #2: Notice the items that are now trademarked, 4 out of 6 on the front page under What is Available.

Edited by penworks

I mean, isn't that the one that was supposed to be "foundational"?

"Can't understand this other stuff unless you first understand the 'foundational' book." <_<

I think they quit selling PFAL a long time ago. They were giving it away not too long ago. To "the household" of course.

From the site:

Issue #1: "Biblical research is not only at the foundation of The Way Ministry but also at the foundation of each of our individual lives. Biblical research is for every believer, not just a few."

WOW! Still claiming they are doing that...

Biblical research has become taking assigned teaching topics from teachers and comparing it to proven ministry research in ministry publications.

I think they quit selling PFAL a long time ago. They were giving it away not too long ago. To "the household" of course.

You see, this only serves to underscore the futility of all the efforts and sacrifices we made to promote the stupid thing in the first place. So now you can look at your WOW year and say, "Yeah, it was really tough, but at least I did it to promote a class/book that even TWI no longer finds viable".

You see, this only serves to underscore the futility of all the efforts and sacrifices we made to promote the stupid thing in the first place. So now you can look at your WOW year and say, "Yeah, it was really tough, but at least I did it to promote a class/book that even TWI no longer finds viable".

31252654.jpg

On another note, the website is infinitely better than the old one.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070711224814/http://www.theway.org/

They are so retarded to not have a contact us page. I seem to remember the logic on that is it takes a little effort to send a handwritten letter. Sort of a pseudo-screening process of sorts.

They are so retarded to not have a contact us page. I seem to remember the logic on that is it takes a little effort to send a handwritten letter. Sort of a pseudo-screening process of sorts.

I think they really don't want to deal with the barrage of emails they would get. People asking WHY? Rozilla still doesn't want to answer questions.

I'm still waiting for the cult to die. Surely it won't last another 10 years.

I think they really don't want to deal with the barrage of emails they would get. People asking WHY? Rozilla still doesn't want to answer questions.

Oh, I bet I just quoted the "official" reason passed down to the plebes. I never thought about all the mail they would get and I bet they would get a ton of it too - being a cult and corrupt organization and all.

They'll milk it for as long as they can -- and when thats finally gone there will be off shoots and offshoots of offshoots not unlike the Mormons who still have about a hundred offshoots directly linking them to their fraud charismatic MOG

It wont last as long as them IMO but it will probably be longer than 10 years. Its still a pretty good cash cow for the chosen few who get to perpetuate the scam -whether its under TWI or some other name.

well isn't that wunderful! :wacko:

I think the reason a good many of US left TWI because we found it was not the TRUTH.

What's the deal with "The Way Corpse thing?"

The Power For Abundant Living book. ... Mike's precioouusssss!

smikeol.jpg

;)

[/quote\\

Ha! :eusa_clap:

My take one it:

Apparently they duped someone with some experience on the web to go to HQ and work for peanuts for them -- or they hired some kid as a contractor.

The site obviously is using a standard CMS software package. Not sure which. Doesn't really matter. Way more better than the Frontpage crap they had up before.

They are using Google Analytics to track traffic to the site. I'm sure google will report that most of their traffic was referred there from here. :evildenk:

Every page contains the following javascript at the end:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function norightclick() 
{
alert(html2unicode("Right-Click Disabled"));
return false;
}
// -->
</script>

This function is to prevent someone from right-clicking on something. The only place I've found where it is used is their crappy theme image:

themeposter_0910_sm_en.jpg

Like any one would want to right click on that to save it. :doh: Ugliest POS I've seen in awhile (and WTF does "making god our sufficiency" mean? -- how does one make a god do anything? )

Feel free to right-click on that image if you like.

BTW: That image is copyright The Way International. Used without permission under fair use laws.

Also pulling the image directly from their site. If they were so concerned about the image and knew wtf they were doing, they would know how to prevent this very thing. I suspect someone there will be doing "research" on the subject really soon....

And whoever put the site together knows nothing about search engine friendly urls.

My 2 cents...

My take one it:

Apparently they duped someone with some experience on the web to go to HQ and work for peanuts for them -- or they hired some kid as a contractor.

The site obviously is using a standard CMS software package. Not sure which. Doesn't really matter. Way more better than the Frontpage crap they had up before.

They are using Google Analytics to track traffic to the site. I'm sure google will report that most of their traffic was referred there from here. :evildenk:

Every page contains the following javascript at the end:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function norightclick() 
{
alert(html2unicode("Right-Click Disabled"));
return false;
}
// -->
</script>

This function is to prevent someone from right-clicking on something. The only place I've found where it is used is their crappy theme image:

themeposter_0910_sm_en.jpg

Like any one would want to right click on that to save it. :doh: Ugliest POS I've seen in awhile (and WTF does "making god our sufficiency" mean? -- how does one make a god do anything? )

Feel free to right-click on that image if you like.

BTW: That image is copyright The Way International. Used without permission under fair use laws.

Also pulling the image directly from their site. If they were so concerned about the image and knew wtf they were doing, they would know how to prevent this very thing. I suspect someone there will be doing "research" on the subject really soon....

And whoever put the site together knows nothing about search engine friendly urls.

My 2 cents...

Looks like the road to OZ don't they know the Man behind the Curtain is a FRAUD!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJV4N7fsaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJV4N7fsaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJV4N7fsaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>