GreaseSpot Cafe

IF........

krys

If the Pope is God's man on earth (as he is pro-ported to be) why didn't He, God, didn't let him (the Pope) know that some disturbed woman was going to jump him and drag him to the floor!

Oh, I think the answer to that one is in the Advanced Class. Quite simply, he wasn't speaking in tongues much on a daily basis.

I dunno. well.. maybe.. just maybe.. he really WANTED some disturbed woman to assault him, and drag him to the floor..

:biglaugh:

there is a note of seriousness here. However casual.. but it's there..

:biglaugh:

So then you're saying he was actually "believing" for it?

That makes perfect sense.

Seriously, though?

Wierwille frequently pretended God was talking to him.

Much of the information he expounded regarding conspiracies and world events came straight from information pipelines he had established with white supremacy groups, such as Liberty Lobby. That didn't stop him from leading us to believe he was getting this information via revelation from God. He had already convinced us, with his "snow on the gas pumps" story, that he had a hot-line to the divine.

Seriously, though?

Wierwille frequently pretended God was talking to him.

Much of the information he expounded regarding conspiracies and world events came straight from information pipelines he had established with white supremacy groups, such as Liberty Lobby. That didn't stop him from leading us to believe he was getting this information via revelation from God. He had already convinced us, with his "snow on the gas pumps" story, that he had a hot-line to the divine.

Why...whatever are you talking about? Have you forgotten H@yes Geh@gen? Now there's an insider for VPW if there ever was one. What with one 2-year term in the Maine State Senate, surely he was privy to our nation's most valuable secrets. I remember on more than one occasion VP coming to a meeting and starting it with, "I just got off the phone with Senator Geh@gen...." then he would launch into some sort of conspiratal tirade. Had us all storing up on extra toilet paper in case we had to escape into the wilderness to avoid capture from the commies.

I think we may have had some janitors working on Capitol Hill too...again, deep deep inside information on Uncle Sam's activities.

According to the reports I heard, she had just come out of the local tavern. She threw back her shoulders, raised both her fists and said, "I can lick any Pope in town!"

:redface2::biglaugh::evildenk::who_me: :unsure: :blush: :blink: :wacko: :o

biglaugh.gif

According to the reports I heard, she had just come out of the local tavern. She threw back her shoulders, raised both her fists and said, "I can lick any Pope in town!"

biglaugh.gif that all by itself just floored me - U rock Waysider! biglaugh.gif

I am almost afraid of offering any reply to this..

biglaugh.gif

biglaugh.gif and then U had to add this, Ham - biglaugh.gif I'm already ROFLMAO - two pontifically perfect posts - thanks guys!! biglaugh.gif

ah.. where will we go.. what will we see..

biglaugh.gif

Perhaps you're referring to the Holy See

Edited by T-Bone

Why...whatever are you talking about? Have you forgotten H@yes Geh@gen? Now there's an insider for VPW if there ever was one. What with one 2-year term in the Maine State Senate, surely he was privy to our nation's most valuable secrets. I remember on more than one occasion VP coming to a meeting and starting it with, "I just got off the phone with Senator Geh@gen...." then he would launch into some sort of conspiratal tirade. Had us all storing up on extra toilet paper in case we had to escape into the wilderness to avoid capture from the commies.

I think we may have had some janitors working on Capitol Hill too...again, deep deep inside information on Uncle Sam's activities.

Don't forget - VP was "personally" invited to the Reagan inauguration! He must have had connections! :lol: :biglaugh:

:jump:

Edited by Mark Clarke

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I think the answer to that one is in the Advanced Class. Quite simply, he wasn't speaking in tongues much on a daily basis.

LOL

Actually, now that I think about it, popes don't seem to receive more protection from God than any other mortal human. From a statistical standpoint, if popes as a group somehow received warnings of, or were protected from danger more than anyone else, you would expect them to have very long lifes spans -- or at least significanly longer than the general population. But I'm sure that's not the case.

Digressing here...I find it interesting that God set man's years to 120 in Genesis and it seems that only one person has ever exceeded that, at 122 years old. See link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people#Ten_oldest_people_ever

BTW, did anyone ever live more than 120 years after the flood in the bible?

Sorry to go off topic.

Edited by soul searcher