GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL: The Foundation of Spiritual Abuse

skyrider

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what am i missing here? we were told in the way corps to absolutely marry within that way corps household

never mind the "regular believers" -- you HAVE to marry another believer

ohmygod -- you wouldn't want to marry an unbelieving believer, would you?

now if you're already s tuck wtih one, that's another story we have to deal with

--

PLUS IF I MARRIED A REGULAR LOW LIFE BELIEVER WHEN I WAS CORPS, I WAS CRAP

Or luck?

Actually, we've had deep philosphical discussions about "luck" -- good and bad. She doesn't believe in it -- or random events, either. She seems to believe that people who succumbed to terrible fates (such as earthquakes, cancer, murder, etc.) might not have ended up the way they did if they had been sufficiently "on the Word".

And I would usually change the subject at that point.

Edited by soul searcher

Did the PFAL class teach that one should not marry or date a non-believer/agnostic/atheist?

Not that I remember. My (now) husband said he could not seriously date anyone who hadn't taken the class, so I had him pay for it.

dear soul searcher, what you just said about what happens to people does not make a bit of sense to me

"on the word" stuff

if i told you how many people "on the word" met with catastrophe, it would make your head spin

i think that is crazy

p frikking s

i don't know if the PFAL class said you should not marry an unbeliever

but the way DID

dear soul searcher, what you just said about what happens to people does not make a bit of sense to me

Hah! :) It doesn't make sense to me either.

We rarely discussed religion and politics (although she did tell me a lot about life at TWI). We were at opposite ends of the spectrum in both areas.

Now that I think about it, this was taught in Christian Family and Sex.

This is a complicated subject to touch on lightly because it involves a lot of other intertwined matters, such as "fraternizing with devil spirits", and the "spirituality of intercourse" , blah, blah, blah.

One thing's for sure----You were NOT supposed to marry an "unbeliever". And, how many people do you know that married someone they didn't, first, date?

"on the word" stuff

if i told you how many people "on the word" met with catastrophe, it would make your head spin

i think that is crazy

Correct, it is nucking futts! But, so many of the believers in the way international believe just that. They seem to discount in their own theologies where the god of this world has a will and is able to exert, in spite of God's will. They like to chalk it up to their believing. I mean afterall the victory is already won. Even sick people who are born again aren't really sick - they just have to confess what they have spiritually into the senses realm. Claim it. As for natural disasters and such God would just tell them to go someplace else so the didn't wind up in the soup.

I remember right after 9/11 we kept hearing about a way believer in NYC that had a bad feeling about being in the World Trade Center that morning and went on a walk before the planes hit. Now, that could well be some miraculous stuff, perhaps it's revelation, God protecting them. BUT - they set that sort of unusual occurrence as the way it should be for anyone who is doing da word. It's crazy because they don't talk about God graciously and mercifully leading his people. Instead, it all comes back to how well the believer is able to confess the word and be in a position to receive, to claim what they need from God. Demanding little frickers they are.

One thing's for sure----You were NOT supposed to marry an "unbeliever". And, how many people do you know that married someone they didn't, first, date?

Ever since Craig released the way of abundance and power this has been explicitly in the foundational class. I believe it is still in the new foundational class as well as living God's word as a family.

Or luck?

Ecclesiastes 9:11

"11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

Interesting... the things that turn up when one reads what's actually written... no?

Love,

Steve

Yeah but Steve, that's in the OT and therefore not applicable to us in the Grace Administration, doncha know.

Quite a lot of good stuff in Ecclesiastes...a book that TWI didn't venture into much except as yet another stick to beat us up. There's some stuff about "evil" in there and also about "spirit" all dutifully marked up.

And this: 10:20 "Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber; for a bird of the air shall carry the voice and that which hath wings shall tell the matter."

My marginal notes read:

King=leader

Control your thinking

Devil sps pick up on things in the senses realm

In other words, don't you dare think badly of any of us top leadership, no matter what you may think or see, neither give heed to what others may say, because it's all devil spirits trying to lead you astray and we will find you out.

Also 8:1-5 about obeying kings, sorry, leaders.

Never mind encouragement like: live life one day at a time, and enjoy that day, which is so much the theme of Ecclesiates.

Actually, we've had deep philosphical discussions about "luck" -- good and bad. She doesn't believe in it -- or random events, either. She seems to believe that people who succumbed to terrible fates (such as earthquakes, cancer, murder, etc.) might not have ended up the way they did if they had been sufficiently "on the Word".

And I would usually change the subject at that point.

I think all ex-way....upon exit....should be given the bumper sticker...."S%t Happens" and just repeat it once a day until it sinks in.

Edited by geisha779

exactly shtuff happens

--

on the 9/11 note (since i have friends (christians or catholics whatev) who died trying to save others...

blah blah blah

my sister in law was headed there and didn't make it, but she's never been in the way

oh man don't get me started

Edited by excathedra