GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI big wig celebrity

Bolshevik

I ran into a famous comedian yesterday and had one of those "holy crap is that really so-and-so? Hiya! . . . you're not as tall as I thought you'd be . . . " moments. It for some reason reminded me of meeting lcm or d@ve l^tz or someone. It was really dumb.

So did twi have it's celebs? (within its own culture?)

Did people ever feel excited to meet a "twi-celeb"?

sometimes yes, sometimes no..

some of them I'd rather meet a wild animal at a blind intersection where two streets meet..

there are only one or two I would like to meet (who some would give celebrity status or some such nonsense), and not as bigwig and humble squirrel.. we are really peers..

Edited by Ham

I can't give them celebrity status, no.

I cleaned up after some of them and they peed on the seat, left the cereal bowl to get nasty in the sink and left pubes in the shower just like anyone.

They walked with one foot in front of them, mostly, like you or me and they said stupid stuff like all humans and they were just as normal.

They were as arrogant and abusive and silly as some of what we consider "celebrity" so I will give 'em that much.

The one here.. urinated on his way inheritance.. that's good enough for me..

Well.. yes, in a sense we are peers. Squirrels tend to urinate anywhere as it is..

we agree somewhere..

:biglaugh:

I really hope this makes some sense to somebody.. makes perfect sense to me..

Come back friend..

:biglaugh:

Just cause you got some good acid for woodstock..

well..some of us settled for some lousy blotter.. even past the fact..

Yep.. and there is no more terror..

Glimpse.. ha..

its more than that..

but.. we knew all of that, didn't we..

the closer I get to the *end*.. whatever that is.. the clearer everything becomes..

Awww Ham,.... The light at the end of the tunnel doesn't have to be an oncoming train. <grins and runs before Ham starts throwing acorns>

Isn't this part of what confounds people when they get a glimpse behind the curtain?

They come here and find out their long time idol was nothing but a shell game operator.

Makes you wonder how many curtains there are . . . and who the heck put them up?

Green or red? I don't remember . . . :biglaugh:

was john lennon involved in the TWI one time?

LOL!

That's a real knee slapper!

No, according to Wierwille & Co., John Lennon, along with the other 3 Beatles, was born again of the "Seed of The Serpent".

We learned, in The Advanced Class, that the only way you can make it to the top in show-biz is if you sell out to the bogeyman Devil.

:evilshades:

I was somewhat "star struck" when Craig Martindale was the president-elect and came to our area. I couldn't believe how much he yelled and yelled, and I left with a slightly different opinion of him than I came there with. I told my friend that went there with me that I didn't know if I was going to be able to hang with this group if that guy was gonna keep yelling like that all the time. She assured me he was simply using the coach style of teaching and she figured he'd settle down once he got used to his new position and all that pressure. Ha! He never did settle down.

I also saw Larry Pannarello and John Shroyer as "stars" and was nervous in their presence. Today I laugh at myself, but back in the day I thought they were super believers... I never did speak one-on-one with Mr. Wierwille, but I'm sure I'd have been nervous as hell. I thought he was a super believer too. Silly me.

Work in Business Conferences had huge attendees in the 80s because of several pro football players who took PFAL. They taught at these events. I guess that was acceptable for a new grad because they were famous. It's laughable. I'm sure that was the highlight for some in TWI.

How about those who claimed famous people were witnessed to by Wayfers and refused "The Word"? I heard Naomi and Wynona Judd were a few. Interestingly, nobody can claim who witnessed to them. I also heard Tony Robbins had been witnessed to, and he was ministered healing for a migraine headache and was instantly healed. But he still turned away from "The Word".

If only they were that persuasive.

Edited by Nottawayfer

I also heard Tony Robbins had been witnessed to, and he was ministered healing for a migraine headache and was instantly healed. But he still turned away from "The Word".

Geez, Tony Robbins, of the name it and claim it fame, never turned away; he just did his own thing based on the law of believing and did not give TWI credit for his existence. I don't really know that but it's my story and I'm sticking to it! :biglaugh: