GreaseSpot Cafe

"Even our enemies are at peace with us."

JavaJane

It sorta backfired on her - I actually went to GSC the first time to see if I could find the post to read it for myself. And then that just led to more questioning... and the questioning led to more thinking... and that led to me getting the frack out.

Suggestion to the innies: take very seriously the admonition to check things out for yourself. Just because someone says that does not mean that their words are true. It's just as likely that it is merely an attempt to lure you into thinking their words are true.

Suggestion to the innies: take very seriously the admonition to check things out for yourself. Just because someone says that does not mean that their words are true. It's just as likely that it is merely an attempt to lure you into thinking their words are true.

This cannot be said enough!

Wow... that is truly insidious... I never thought that it could just be being used as a trap.

It sorta backfired on her - I actually went to GSC the first time to see if I could find the post to read it for myself. And then that just led to more questioning... and the questioning led to more thinking... and that led to me getting the frack out.

There is a reason why we are admonished in the scriptures to DISCERN between good and evil.

Cult trappings are all about controlling the message, the situation, the conversation and....presumably, the outcome. Critical thinking is a beautiful thing.

:)

JJ, is she supposed to have mentioned Grease Spot Cafe by name? Wow, a cult leader advertising for us!

Just wondering: for those innies that have computers (there weren't many about when I was in rez) - where do they plug them in? Oh, I guess they have to use those dongle things. No way has founder's hall been re-wired to give a plug-in socket in every room (or even some of them). Study hall? Ha!

JJ, is she supposed to have mentioned Grease Spot Cafe by name? Wow, a cult leader advertising for us!

Just wondering: for those innies that have computers (there weren't many about when I was in rez) - where do they plug them in? Oh, I guess they have to use those dongle things. No way has founder's hall been re-wired to give a plug-in socket in every room (or even some of them). Study hall? Ha!

I *think* she mentioned it by name... Maybe Mr. Linder could confirm?

And I have heard that they were wiring Founders Hall for internet and cable TV at some point (which the Staff would have to pay for, so it probably would only be for the WC favorites who made some money.) Who knows if it actually happened. I had a couple of friends (young people) who worked on Staff who had figured out how to get internet by connecting their computers to their cell phones and then hanging the cell phone out of their window at Founders Hall. It worked, but was very slow. I wonder if the reason they said they would wire Founders Hall for internet is so they could somehow monitor the traffic? I don't even know if that is possible... but they sure couldn't monitor what was going through the cell phones unless they grabbed the computer out of someone's room. (which they could and would, I'm sure, except they could be sued.)

They wired founder hall a couple years ago - finally. And the unit trailer park folks get it via cable company. They ticked off the cable company a few years ago because one person would get a signal and then broadcast it wifi so as many units as could get it would. They had to stop that cause the company busted em one day....anyways....before I get too far :offtopic::anim-smile:

Oh, I have had to deal with disgruntled staff before who have spent time on Grease Spot. They also were going to CFF fellowship in St. Mary's. It got nasty and I am ashamed to have been involved. They likely would have been fired but instead they quit. Good for them, I should have quit along side them but either way I am out.

What's interesting.. it seems she named gs and enemies in the same breath..

it just sounds kind of "funny".. most left under conditions of extreme bullying, harrassment and worse.. so one marks and treats other human beings as enemies, runs them off.. and then complains about them?

so one marks and treats other human beings as enemies, runs them off.. and then complains about them?

Yes! Twisted eh?

We would still be enemies even if we quietly creeped off into oblivion. But it seems since we are somewhat vocal we are worthy of mention by da HOGDAFAT! WOOT! :dance:

Staff sneaking off grounds to go to a CFF fellowship nearby...:confused:

The Way International hates CFF and swears they do little more than hang on the outskirts of the way international trying to "pick people off." So in essence all the garbage that Rosalie talked after attending George Bush's inauguration about "other groups trying to help people" and "them being ok even though they didn't have the truth like the way international" is more than lip service.