GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way International's yearly theme and you.

OldSkool

As we all know each year a new theme is released in October at the anniversary. Now this theme and the resulting STS / Way Magazine is Rosalie's baby. Each year the theme is billed as where we will be led in the word or where God would have us to go or whatever - we all get the point!

But, here is the theme's dirty little secret and I will say it the way I will because I know how the directors are. Each year that theme is leveraged to address the biggest problems the directors identify from reports the way of the usa gives them and what they conclude from their isolated pontification sessions. In fact, reverse the theme and you will get the true intent of that they think the incapables need to learn.

For example: This year's theme is "Making god our Sufficiency." Translate that as the economy is bad, people are out of work, the way ministry is losing people each year making the resulting abundant sharing lower and/or participation in witnessing and other ministry classes and events are low. Because if God is your sufficiency you would put the way international first, give till it hurts, and move the word!

• Upvote 1

As we all know each year a new theme is released in October at the anniversary.

<snip>

For example: This year's theme is "Making god our Sufficiency." Translate that as the economy is bad, people are out of work, the way ministry is losing people each year making the resulting abundant sharing lower and/or participation in witnessing and other ministry classes and events are low. Because if God is your sufficiency you would put the way international first, give till it hurts, and move the word!

I'm surprised giving more cash isn't in every years theme. I once asked a corps person if every AC grad in our state gave 10% or more. He laughed out loud! According to him, most AC grads in TWI NEVER regularly gave 10% or more. (I have no way of knowing how accurate that was) Our state had about 50-75 people at the time and almost nobody tithed regularly. Maybe they knew something before I did? :asdf:

JT

I'm surprised giving more cash isn't in every years theme. I once asked a corps person if every AC grad in our state gave 10% or more. He laughed out loud! According to him, most AC grads in TWI NEVER regularly gave 10% or more. (I have no way of knowing how accurate that was) Our state had about 50-75 people at the time and almost nobody tithed regularly. Maybe they knew something before I did? :asdf:

JT

AC Grads are more "spiritually advanced". biglaugh.gif

As we all know each year a new theme is released in October at the anniversary. Now this theme and the resulting STS / Way Magazine is Rosalie's baby. Each year the theme is billed as where we will be led in the word or where God would have us to go or whatever - we all get the point!

But, here is the theme's dirty little secret and I will say it the way I will because I know how the directors are. Each year that theme is leveraged to address the biggest problems the directors identify from reports the way of the usa gives them and what they conclude from their isolated pontification sessions. In fact, reverse the theme and you will get the true intent of that they think the incapables need to learn.

Those yearly themes fell into two categories.......even during veepee's presidency.

1) Abundance, Sufficiency, Victoriously, .......ie twi is the best, send in you abs.

2) Go, Stand, Speak, Witness, Ambassadors........move the word, recruit others, run more classes.

These same two basic themes were the 'alpha and omega' of twi's themes and marching orders.

Take their classes and send money.....

Nothing new under the sun.....

As we all know each year a new theme is released in October at the anniversary. Now this theme and the resulting STS / Way Magazine is Rosalie's baby.

Of course.....

The theme is synonymous with speaking excathedra "from the throne."

Only the mog (and pope) can do that!

Of course.....

The theme is synonymous with speaking excathedra "from the throne."

Only the mog (and pope) can do that!

Yep! And the thing that kills me about it is it's the rallying point for all the subsequent "present truth." So, this woman presumes to know what people lack and then based on the theme makes a topic calendar and assigns teachers to teach to the lack. There is not one Sunday teaching service that is not carefully scripted according to an assigned topic in the theme's series.

LMAO! Nice one.

Does Rosie also decide on the art work? That's as repetitive as the themes themselves. Kind of a cross between a hippy cartoon and an Amish greeting card.

JT

Thanks! Yes she does. She has the final approval. Design and Display develops the concept based on the theme. If I were a betting man I would say Rosalie gives them an idea first. I could be wrong and Design and Display might develop mockups for approval. But either way she controls it and the same folks make the poster year after year.

Yep! And the thing that kills me about it is it's the rallying point for all the subsequent "present truth." So, this woman presumes to know what people lack and then based on the theme makes a topic calendar and assigns teachers to teach to the lack. There is not one Sunday teaching service that is not carefully scripted according to an assigned topic in the theme's series.

Ohhhhhh........she is just sooooo spirituaaallll.

Spiritual perception personified......and maybe, revelation too.

After ten years as prez, is this top-down approach working? Are people coming in droves to the Sunday services? Is the Lord's name being magnified? Are the folks receiving deliverance? Are their Way Disciple program and Corps program filled to overflowing?

Surely Rosalie doesn't regard success from their twi portfolio, investments?.......that would be worldly. I mean, c'mon, there are billionaires who are atheists. Surely, Rosalie isn't trumpeting her planning skills and successes by the creature comforts of the day? Or, is that how twi's "abundant living" is measured?

Silly me.....I thought it was about preaching the gospel to the oppressed and spiritually hungry and downtrodden and, at times, hazarding our lives for the gospel's sake.

<_<

Edited by skyrider

Ohhhhhh........she is just sooooo spirituaaallll.

Are people coming in droves to the Sunday services?

I know these are rhetorical, but I thought you would get a kick out of this. The staff numbers are so low and so few people come to a STS of their own accord that they could barely fill the first three rows, in the center section. Solution? Now, they schedule branch, limb, and region visits. They bring in people by the bus load. The ironic part is they still cant fill the lower section of the PWA. Even with a bus load or two the best they can do is fill half to two thirds of the bottom section. The exception is the anniversary where they might open the upstairs. Maybe. They manipulate the camera angles in a major way. Still, if you know the PWA you can tell from the camera shots that the place is mostly vacant.

Surely Rosalie doesn't regard success from their twi portfolio, investments?.......that would be worldly.

Compare the years.

1996 - Assets minus liabilities = approx $40,000,000

2008 - Assets minus liabilities = approx $58,000,000

source: http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=F00256060&type=CORPORATION

Yep, I would say that is aboundingly abounding. Lot's of growth. Looks like the way international is in a position of strength. :doh:

Surely Rosalie doesn't regard success from their twi portfolio, investments?.......that would be worldly.

I have heard secondhand that she has said directly that one of her goals was to get TWI where they were not reliant upon the ABS of the USA.

Which kind of makes it an investment company instead of a Christian ministry, no?

I know these are rhetorical, but I thought you would get a kick out of this. The staff numbers are so low and so few people come to a STS of their own accord that they could barely fill the first three rows, in the center section. Solution? Now, they schedule branch, limb, and region visits. They bring in people by the bus load. The ironic part is they still cant fill the lower section of the PWA. Even with a bus load or two the best they can do is fill half to two thirds of the bottom section. The exception is the anniversary where they might open the upstairs. Maybe. They manipulate the camera angles in a major way. Still, if you know the PWA you can tell from the camera shots that the place is mostly vacant.

So, Rosalie's solution is..........to micro-manage the innies and schedule busing branches and nearby limbs to their sunday services. Where is the auxano -- growth from within, without compulsion?

Why don't they just BELIEVE GOD.....and BELIEVE FOR RISE AND EXPANSION?

Why does Rosalie get a pass on such a pitiful presidency for ten years? No teaching ability. No charisma. No people skills. And, now...........NO BELIEVING to fill the auditorium with new people.

Coercive "invite"........"You are scheduled to attend the May 16th Sunday service at HQ. Your Branch coordinator, Al Armtwist, has chartered Greyhound Bus #666 for your travel. Believe God to have a great time."

So, Rosalie's solution is..........to micro-manage the innies and schedule busing branches and nearby limbs to their sunday services. Where is the auxano -- growth from within, without compulsion?

Why don't they just BELIEVE GOD.....and BELIEVE FOR RISE AND EXPANSION?

Why does Rosalie get a pass on such a pitiful presidency for ten years? No teaching ability. No charisma. No people skills. And, now...........NO BELIEVING to fill the auditorium with new people.

Coercive "invite"........"You are scheduled to attend the May 16th Sunday service at HQ. Your Branch coordinator, Al Armtwist, has chartered Greyhound Bus #666 for your travel. Believe God to have a great time."

Well, the short version...Megalomania.

To expand a bit, if something isn't going the way Rosalie is "believing" it should go, then it is someone else's fault. Just start with the cabinet and work your way down. Play whack-a-mole with any dissenters and then you will have all that nasty unbelief cleared out. It's that simple and that egotistical. Your summation is so true and so honest. Thanks!