GreaseSpot Cafe

Horror Stories About Leaving TWI

JavaJane

When I was iin twi, I would hear horror stories about people who had left twi only to be jumped on and devoured by the adversary because those people had "walked out from under God's protection." Stories about people being killed in freak accidents, children dieing, incurable diseases, storms, and it goes on...

I want to know if any of this happened or not - I know with the amount of people (thousands, right?) who left en masse when LCM put out his loyalty thingie it would be just a matter of statistics that some of this stuff would happen to at least a couple of people, but twi made it sound like it happened to everyone who left - especially those who were in leadership positions.

So, any truth to this? Or is it all just the twi-pical lies? (I know it's lies, but I want the lurkers to know, too.)

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,29/task,doc_download/gid,29/

We are damned if we meet catastrophe and damned if we prosper. If something bad happens it's for leaving the ministry. If we prosper and do exceeding well then the devil did it so we would tempt others to leave.

Personally, I have never been better. My wife and I have a prosperous business, we are mortgage free home owners - by choice and not constraint, we are active in our neighborhood and city, our relationship has blossomed into a team / partnership, our son is doing very well. But I am sure the cultists will say where the Lord has prospered me it's all the devil. And they can call the light darkness and the darkness light, not understanding that nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus - yay, not even leaving the way international.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

Things are better with me than they ever were in twi. Nothing bad happened at all when we left.

I have wondered if back in the day, with all of VPW and LCM's bodyguards around if anyone ever got roughed up - or bit by a guard dog. Maybe that is what they were referring to when they said bad things would happen if you left?

Nowadays, I don't think L!nder could run fast enough to catch anyone... he's getting a little wide around the middle.

Well you know,... after you eat all the food in the can, you throw out the tin. Just saying,... Lin-tin-tin.....!

I wonder how "disposable" he is.....

And RR's what,... 70? well that Battery can't be re-charged, everyone should be thinking about taking a # at Da Vey!

And RR's what,... 70? well that Battery can't be re-charged, everyone should be thinking about taking a # at Da Vey!

And yes she is 70. At least one higher up, Br*1@n Moneyhands who is a junior Director - whatever that is, has the philosophy that the older generation will be dead soon and he can be in a position to fix the ministry after they are gone. Daddy can't stand Frau-Qtip and neither can junior. (Sorry B, should have treated A better, thought he was your friend or something - what you did was just cold.) So he comes off in his hypocritical silence as supportive but behind closed doors is bitter of a detractor there ever was.

I had panic attacks for a while after I first left, mostly because a part of me was afraid that what they had said was true. After while, nothing bad happened and I knew I made the right decision to leave. Then the panic attacks stopped. Life has been much, much better since I left. I found an inner strength I didn't know I had until I got out.

• Upvote 1

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,........... Ya'mean like dis?

That's classic.

This is :offtopic: , but here's a classic link.

Yes, part of the reason I am here is to heckle.

Edited by OldSkool

I have wondered if back in the day, with all of VPW and LCM's bodyguards around if anyone ever got roughed up - or bit by a guard dog. Maybe that is what they were referring to when they said bad things would happen if you left?

It most definitely is.

I know of someone who was informed, in no uncertain terms, that "bad things" (like cement overshoes) would happen if they didn't stop publicly speaking out against The Way. There were no spiritual metaphors couching their admonitions. (circa 1978 or 79.)

It most definitely is.

I know of someone who was informed, in no uncertain terms, that "bad things" (like cement overshoes) would happen if they didn't stop publicly speaking out against The Way. There were no spiritual metaphors couching their admonitions. (circa 1978 or 79.)

WTF gives with that? Christian mafia?

When I was iin twi, I would hear horror stories about people who had left twi only to be jumped on and devoured by the adversary because those people had "walked out from under God's protection." Stories about people being killed in freak accidents, children dieing, incurable diseases, storms, and it goes on...

I want to know if any of this happened or not - I know with the amount of people (thousands, right?) who left en masse when LCM put out his loyalty thingie it would be just a matter of statistics that some of this stuff would happen to at least a couple of people, but twi made it sound like it happened to everyone who left - especially those who were in leadership positions.

So, any truth to this? Or is it all just the twi-pical lies? (I know it's lies, but I want the lurkers to know, too.)

Somewhere on GSC you can read the account of how VPW used the tragic death of Gary D., resulting from a car wreck, to browbeat people into blind obedience and cast the other person who was in the wreck into a cesspool of undeserved guilt. (1974 or 75)

Edited by waysider

Somewhere on GSC you can read the account of how VPW used the tragic death of Gary D., resulting from a car wreck, to browbeat people into blind obedience and cast the other person who was in the wreck into a cesspool of undeserved guilt.

And the way international claims to not be a cult.

more recent, and this still stands because they never stated differently.

Donna

Very interesting.. considering the rants and extreme behavior of da fuhrer. ahem, vicster.. I wonder if he was suffering from the effects of stage four Syphilis.

I just watched a History Channel show on Hitler. They think that is why he was such a nutcase..

Guest Balanced

When I was an "innie" I saw many people come and go. I never heard of any horror stories of people who left. One person had some health issues years after leaving yet who says they wouldn't have had those same issues if still involved. I know of people that are "innies" that have had many health conditions including cancer. Our bodies are not perfect-they get sick, they get tired, they get broke. Being involved in twi isn't a protector against anything "bad."

Since leaving I haven't had any horror stories. Actually, I've felt better in every way. I feel like I took God out of box and he can now really bless me. I trust Him more. The other day I almost got hit by a car who ran a red light. Is that because I left the twi? No. It was because the person ran a red light and I don't know why. The way the light is positioned it could cause confusion for a driver so I think I'll bring this up to my local government. I heard the soft words of, "Look at that car." So I looked and watched. I heard, "He's not stopping! Horn, horn!" I honked my horn, pushed on the brakes. The other car stopped, I stopped with 2 feet to spare. No it wasn't the adversary. It was a person not paying attention. After the fact, I thanked God and went on my way. I was peaceful, not distraught over the situation.

Another thing is I've felt like I can look at other people without thinking they are of the devil because they aren't in twi. I've missed out on learning from other people. Why should I compare myself with others? Even though the Bible (II Cor. 10:12) says we are not to compare ourselves with others and the ministry taught not to compare ourselves, they (the twi) didn't practice it. Actions speak louder than words. I saw that a lot in twi. Actions didn't equal words.

I can tell the floodgates are open and I'm ready to share. Thanks for reading.

Balanced

• Upvote 1

People who have left seem to have the same amount of heartache and problems, successes and triumphs as the general population.

When I first was kicked out I probably looked like the poster child for being a grease spot by midnight. My wife threw me out, most of my kids wouldn't talk to me, I lived in an apartment that I nicknamed "The Hovel". But that was temporary. I remarried, get along fine with my kids (am officiating at one son's wedding tomorrow) remarried to a wonderful woman, my salary has about doubled, I'm out of debt, have started a business, lost weight and am generally healthy and really enjoy life!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on you son's wedding, Oakspear!

Balanced, GSC is a great place to find the other side of the story when it comes to all things twi. And you can generally find someone here who was eyewitness to many of the events that shaped twi history. Ask away, post away.... We're glad to hear you, and I am personally glad to have another of recent departures here!

Somewhere on GSC you can read the account of how VPW used the tragic death of Gary D., resulting from a car wreck, to browbeat people into blind obedience and cast the other person who was in the wreck into a cesspool of undeserved guilt. (1974 or 75)

Very interesting.. considering the rants and extreme behavior of da fuhrer. ahem, vicster.. I wonder if he was suffering from the effects of stage four Syphilis.

I just watched a History Channel show on Hitler. They think that is why he was such a nutcase..

I have wondered the same thing myself. His behavior certainly fits the profile.