GreaseSpot Cafe

Let's keep it positive....

OldSkool

I posted recently regarding music and my situation. After reading over the responses (and thanks!) I was jarred to remember all the utter crap I heard from the way international to "keep it positive." Well I have a pent up retort I would like to "release." Let's consider it "blab" school, eh Panama?

Some of us came out of hard times and rose above only to realize we were forever touched by the things we endured. So, instead of victimizing the weak and feeding off of the folks who are scared of what's "out there" we searched a higher path. We turned to the outlets that gave us respite from the rage we carried day by day. We poured our souls into those same outlets that help sooth the hurts of others because we are all touched with the same.

Then some of us are unlucky enough to encounter your snare, where you lay wait using the Bible to your own ends. There's God and his Christ, pulling us along, closer to them and further away from our own destruction, and there you are. You set yourself in the midst with grandiose promises of abundance and outright lies that it's all been given in the past, and we just need to buck up and claim it. And in so doing we need to give all but subsistence to fill your coffers as a witness against your heartless greed come the Judgments.

But your keep it positive spiel was really just another layer of control, another tool in your belt to ply with great cunning against the fools whom you snared. Yet when someone breaks free from your feeble clutches all you have is the same ole. A little character assassination here, dashed with some silent smears whispered across your numbered few. Yet with each one that has broken free you have taken another step into irrelevancy. Oh how sweet it is.

Now I can move on with my life with some satisfaction seeing the fruit resulting from your errors. God truly restores what the locust have eaten. Go ahead and credit the devil, it's all fruit to your account.

Edited by OldSkool

I posted recently regarding music and my situation. After reading over the responses (and thanks!) I was jarred to remember all the utter crap I heard from the way international to "keep it positive." Well I have a pent up retort I would like to "release." Let's consider it "blab" school, eh Panama?

"Keeping it positive" is TWI's control mechanism for sweeping all the evil that is in their hearts, systems, and actions under the rug and brainwashing its followers into never seeing it, speaking of it, or considering it.

The voices of witnesses against TWI will not remain quiet, and will not "keep positive" the evil that has been performed against them.

There's a very good side to "keeping it positive."

However, the flip side is refusing to look at things as they are, and being unrealistic about the current situation. The Bible is full of people in desperate situations. I imagine it was hard to keep positive when you were cooking up your kids to eat, being dragged off as a captive to a foreign land, being enslaved, being unfairly imprisoned, etc.

In NT times I admire enormously the bravery of the early Christians who KNEW Paul was coming to their towns and cities to arrest them resulting in torture and quite likely death. Yet they stayed around. What, do you think they were thinking positive and had some early warning system that told them that on the road to Damascus, Paul would be enlightened? What about all the early Christians before that trip?

OldSkool, the remarkable King David had a simple background, was favored, was then hunted for many years to within an inch of his life. It was a hard and difficult time. But he did not lose his love for God in that time, and the skills he learned during that time set him up to be the best king Israel could have (at least, in his early years of reigning kingship.) God used his skills and abilities (including music) to reach out to others. And for David to simply enjoy.

Whatever your background, there is much that you can still draw from it. You had hard times and overcame them. You have something to share with those from other difficult backgrounds. Now just get out there, play your music, and enjoy your talent. Who knows what a great example you can be - just by living your life? Show people how to escape - a poor background, an aimless youth, and bullying legalism in all its forms.

You know what NOT to be!

You know what NOT to be!

Amen! Great post.

My underlying theme, which I think communicates, is we need to stop and "process" the negatives to truly rise above them. Acknowledge them for what they are, talk about them, express them in other mediums of communication if need be and then move on with the positives that cause us to truly enjoy life.

• Upvote 1

Can`t say what you really think...oops can`t really even think what you want because that is negative. Can`t be honest about what you have seen, what you feel, warn another of impending danger....because it is all...negative. Can`t tell another what is really going on in your life, cannot be honest.. Can`t handle what is being insisted on from you...every fiber of your being screaming how wrong what they are telling you God requires ?? Run retemories through your head to silence that inner voice .. to ignore your better judgement ...to numb yourself while you brokenly comply with orders.....

How many people (me for one) were warned away from greasespot or way dale even AFTER they left twi because they couldn`t handle the *negatives* :(

It took a long time to over come this particular conditioning.

• Upvote 1

eusa_clap.gif OldSkooleusa_clap.gif

That is it exactly.

But what is so ironic about the whole thing is that twi uses this both ways - if it a negative on their part is pointed out they say, "Let's keep it positive..." If they point out a negative in YOU, they NEVER let it go.

Complete manipulation.

How many people (me for one) were warned away from greasespot or way dale even AFTER they left twi because they couldn`t handle the *negatives* :(

I wasn't warned away after leaving but I sure heard they usual before. You know, buncha cry babies over her at da spot, lying, probably only a couple people reposting the same over and over again...and I could go on. Grease Spot has had the last laugh though. The folks who have left behind their stories have severely dented the way international's abilities to silently slither through the grass roots approach the claim to employ. I mean after all, tell me about a topic and I will check you with google...lol. They will never get it as long as Frau Q-Tip is around. She so loathes the internet and computers at that. She allows their own attrition through her out of touch stubbornness that sometimes shows up in the elderly. She's 70 ya know.

eusa_clap.gif OldSkooleusa_clap.gif

But what is so ironic about the whole thing is that twi uses this both ways - if it a negative on their part is pointed out they say, "Let's keep it positive..." If they point out a negative in YOU, they NEVER let it go.

Complete manipulation.

Your welcome.

It still amazes me how they flip / flop so much on so many things. It's like watching a perpetual coin toss. Will it be heads or tails? .... :confused:

In NT times I admire enormously the bravery of the early Christians who KNEW Paul was coming to their towns and cities to arrest them resulting in torture and quite likely death. Yet they stayed around.

While I do admire their courage, Twinky.. I just don't think that is a smart thing to do..

Martyrdom. Yeah.. Sounds good, but there's an ego and pride side to that as well..

Actually in Matthew 10:23 Jesus says if you are being persecuted in one city, flee to another, for you will not go through all the cities before Christ returns. Which IMO means don't sit their and let them kill you. What good are you then? What good would Christ had been if he just sat there when they tried and throw him off the cliff? What good would David do had he just sat and waited for Saul to get him. Or Paul just sitting in the many cities when they were after him instead of being let down by the basket from the city wall. No they left the persecution. All these guys martyrs that just said, Fine, take me.. Yeah.. I don't think that was all that smart. Unless of course God told them to, which maybe some were. I don't know.. Jesus was for a purpose at the right time, no doubt. But I don't think that should be the norm.. Sit there and let them kill you.

For those in.. get out! You can do so much more out! I guarantee it

Edited by TrustAndObey

A little out of context, perhaps, but the implications are clear:

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath , he cannot be my disciple.

In other words, consider the circumstances. That means good things AND bad things. Not got enough money to do what you want? Don't start, "believing to receive" what you need whilst you're building. Not got the strength or ability to start some other project? You or your team aren't good enough? Find a different way to deal with your project. Don't disregard the circumstances, and don't disregard superior strength, facilities, etc.

Note that word "consulteth." Doesn't do it alone; talks it over with others, who, presumably, will also be aware of the downsides.

11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall : but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. 15:22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed : but in the multitude of counsellors they are established. 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

I'd say these verses are a significant invitation to be aware of our surroundings, everything that's going on, and not to close our eyes to "negatives."

God is not after foolhardy followers. And he doesn't expect us to be foolhardy. He gave us brains to think things through. He surrounded us with people who can offer advice based on the circumstances around us. He gave us free will to choose a course of action that was appropriate for us.

We can make those negatives in our backgrounds (and we've all got some) into strengths, or learn how to minimise them - but only if we look realistically at them - and seek proper help, wise counsel, in overcoming them. And the source of that help is not limited to pseudo ministers who get "revelation" from God. Run a mile from those, and seek those who have training, experience, and humility to guide.

It's not an age thing, it's a mind set. This information highway goes many directions and when that happens, control freaks freak out. So it's demonized. "You can't believe everything you see/hear on the internet (newspaper, television, etc.)" changes to "You can't believe anything you see/hear on the internet (newspaper, television, etc.), but you can believe me/us". Your ability to discern has been replaced with fear of being led by "every wind". When you are admonished to not be led by your senses, followed by only a few have spiritual maturity (and you're not one of them), topped of by not leaning unto your own understanding, what is a person to do? After all, we can't have any mental assent going on.

If you haven't relinquished your brain, you become incredibly sneaky. Put on a good front. Keep your mouth shut. Keep your head down low. I don't know if that is much different than really letting them have their way. Same outcome for the perpetrators - more mental anguish for the people who are just going through the motions.

QFT:

My underlying theme, which I think communicates, is we need to stop and "process" the negatives to truly rise above them. Acknowledge them for what they are, talk about them, express them in other mediums of communication if need be and then move on with the positives that cause us to truly enjoy life.

Edited by potato

Wierwille taught that the first thing Eve did that was wrong was to "respond by considering."

Proverbs 18:13 says, "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." How about that, in the context of "keeping things positive?"

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz
  • Upvote 1