GreaseSpot Cafe

"Wake up Call"

polar bear

Sometimes I think of the days of torture I endured during my involvement with TWI and shake my head as to why I didn't see the evil earlier on.

I felt trapped, there's not way out, this is Zion, the true household. What a crock. It was "maniputlation".

But now as I think back, I"m thankful that the evil mainifested itself to me on a level that gave me a "wake up call" so to speak "the straw that broke the camels back".

So I was able to leave knowing that I wasn't going to be left to the adversary's mercy as they taught.

In fact what I realized was quite the oppposite. They had sucked the life I once had out of me.

So, what was my "wake up call". There were several things-

-I had questioned something leadership had said and done. "Ouch" They don't like that. You get your face "melted".

-Things spoken by leadership like "if you don't tithe beyond 10 percent God won't spit in your direction."

-Sunday night services where scripted teachings put me and the leadership to sleep literally.

-Madates by new leadership that contradticted old leadership, like Way Crops 2 in which the old leadership who had bled their hearts out were dumped.

-Everytime you make a mistake no matter how small you are confronted as being weak. But leadership can make no mistakes.

-You get contronted for not reporting back that you had nothing to report.

-New leadership coming in to an area and saying that their lives were "gifts" given by God to the area.

-Anytime that someone showed true leadership rising up in the ranks they were squelched by the MOG leadership.

Even now TWI thinks that believes that they are right. They believe that we will one day be confronted by Jesus Christ as to why we forsook the TWI household. They look so great with the "sparking clean floors and gleaming fountains" which many of us slaved to build and to maintain without so much as a "thank you". I say this to you-

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness.

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

I know so because I asked most of theses questions to top leadership with this response- "so why don't you come here and teach us if you think you know better."

So,what was your wake up call.

So,what was your wake up call.

Hi polar bear...... :wave:

For me, it was like hitting the snooze button every 8 minutes UNTIL I HAD EYES WIDE OPEN.

1) The homo purge and genuine suspicion mandates (1993/94)

2) The no-debt doctrine....no mortgage mandates (1994-->)

3) All corps MUST be full-time staff for twi (1995)

4) Corps --- no pets, no pregnancies, no cable, no gifts (1996)

5) More confrontation -- crossing over into "promised land" :rolleyes:

6) Martindale's sex predation at the 1998 Adv Class

ONE MAN AWAKE AWAKENS ANOTHER............

As I said earlier in the 'horror stories about leaving' thread...going in-rez & seeing with our own eyes the partner swapping, covering up of same by leadership...creepy comments by mosq**a such as " I'm so priveleged to be able to sleep with my wife" etc... really good people with great hearts for God being trashed & the 'ars**oles' in-rez getting special treatment because so-called men & women in 'higher powers'could see their'potential' !! wtf..special insight ??!! beautiful families kicked out of campus because one of their kiddies had an illness & yet another couple allowed to stay even though hubby could only sit around all day because of breathing problems, for just about a whole year...pays to have connections eh ?!

What woke us up ? THE SHEER HYPOCRISY OF THE WHOLE OUTFIT RIGHT ROUND THE GLOBE FROM NEW KNOXVILLE TO NEW ZEALAND, THE UNASHAMED MEANESS AND LOVE OF MONEY AND COVETING AND LUST OF THEIR EYES FROM THEM AT THE TOP OF THE TOTEM POLE DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FEEDER MINIMOGS LICKING AT THEIR FEET BELOW :nono5:

Eeeks - where do I start.

1) - Finding out The Forehead was a sexual predator and was aided by most of the top leadership (really that should have been enough.) That top leadership includes Rosalie. Sorry lurkers, do the homework on your dear leaders to find their true character.

2) - Finding out that many of the changes that have happened in the ministry that Rosalie is credited for (the kinder gentler TWI) were forced by law in an ongoing effort to lawsuit proof the way international. And in fact Rosalie HATES these changes and pines for the old days of total, unquestioned rule of the way international staff and way corpse.

3) - Finding out the law of believing is not true, and therefore, most subsequent holy spirit based manifestations do not work the way we are taught in the way international. Sorry folks, no healings, signs, miracles, or wonders to be credited to the current top leadership, especially the board of directors. By the way - Speaking in tongues for someone as you drive them to the doctor is not miraculous.

4) - Finding out first hand how incredibly mean and vindictive the board of directors really are. I was harassed by them on Rosalie's whim that I needed to "step it up." The harassment began after they reluctantly agreed to an assignment that was needed for the benefit of my family instead of what they thought was best for my family. Weeks of pure hell ensued only to be warded off by me beginning proceedings against them according to the Harassment Policy in the staff handbook. They became oh so nice. Sorry lurkers, this happened a few years ago in the kinder, gentler, way international. Go on an bury your head in the sand, hell, it's probably my fault it happened, right? :rolleyes:

Could say more but will stop now.

The hugest wake up call for me was coming to GSC and finding out the sexual predatory stuff was in TWI from the very beginning. The other was finding out VPW died of cancer. I was in TWI at the time he died, and it was not common knowledge. Even when I went on Staff 11 years after his death, it wasn't talked about. Howard still sang his praises saying he let his eyes become damaged for the filming of PFAL.

The personal thing which happened to me was the final straw. I already had one foot out the door after attending the pukish "Advanced" (yeah right) Class Special is 2002. That was the biggest waste of my time. I had moved from a roommate situation to my own apartment. I was on "watach" by leadership because I didn't get their permission to move. I moved to another Branch, so I was considered rebellious. I was lied to by one leader who told me to wait to ask for help moving because she didn't want the LC to be off guard about my move. She was supposed to tell him. She never gave me the OK to ask for help, and I was on the phone arguing with her up to the last night before I was supposed to move. It was terrible, and I wished I didn't have to rely on anyone to help me. She told me months before that nobody in our fellowship could help because they were running a class. I kept hounding her, and she kept telling me to wait. WTF for?? She said the last night that one guy in our fellowship had been waiting for a call from me. What lying sack of $h!t. There was no kinder gentler ministry. It was a farce, and I knew it. I wasn't going to be controlled anymore.

Since I left and came back it didn't take much of a wake-up call to get me to leave again. The first time I heard LCM cursing at a STS I started thinking about leaving again. When I first heard the teaching regarding Athletes of the Spirit in Ephesians that seem in total contrast to all of the principles I was taught in PFAL. But the straw that broke the camel's back was the first time I saw the WOW Auditorium. It looks so good, but it's rotting out on the inside. I could tell you more to that story, but those are the things that made me leave again....quickly.

Sorry for the double post, but I don't want people to think I was better that all of you. I left the first time, beause of issues that just sort of resulted in me being forgotten about around late 1976 early '77. I missed all of the uproard that everyone else saw. As much as I hate to admit it, I think it likely that had I not left earlier, that I might very well hve been one of A**H***s that remained in the ministry and condemned everyone else. I thank God almost every day that I was not lead down that route.

Edited by Keith

Wake up call #1- attending a meeting at a local church where dead center was a huge beautiful bronze statue of JESUS CHRIST!

What was he doing???

WASHING THE DISCIPLES FEET!!!!!

I stood motionless, speechless and humbled, as the tears poured out from years of missing my Lord and Savior.

That was the beginning of the many ends of my relationship with TWI.

Edited by bliss

Wake up call #1- attending a meeting at a local church where dead center was a huge beautiful bronze statue of JESUS CHRIST!

What was he doing???

WASHING THE DISCIPLES FEET!!!!!

I stood motionless, speechless and humbled, as the tears poured out from years of missing my Lord and Savior.

That was the beginning of the many ends of my relationship with TWI.

And he wasn't charging them? (very rhetorical question)

Wake up calls (it took several for me)...

1. Marking and avoiding my own family due to the influence of certain leaders - Mosquito, LCM, etc.

2. When the tape was released where LCM told the believers about the "affair" someone asked "what will happen to the Body if it didn't have a head?" (I realized some people thought Martindale was the head of the body, not Jesus Christ.

3. Reuniting with my family after hearing how we need to be kinder to each other on a STS... only to be questioned by my LC as to why I was going to visit them when they were "outside the Household."

4. Having a boyfriend end up on GSC and accuse me of trying to get him into TWI by seducing him - I had done nothing of the sort and did not know people had actually done this in the past and were currently doing it.

5. Going WD and ending up with a team coordinator who told complete strangers that I was having sex with him (which I WOULD NEVER DO BECAUSE HE WAS DISGUSTING!!!)

6. Getting more and more bored with the teachings

7. Ending up with an even more abusive, manipulative leader after WD.

8. Being called on the carpet for not "fully sharing" with said leader.

9. Changing areas and overhearing a leader condemning a military family for not living closer to a fellowship.

10. Reading the depositions on GSC that showed Rosalie had first hand knowledge of LCM's "affair(s)"

11. Finding out that someone I knew had been one of LCM's women.

12. Coming to GSC.

13. Posting questions on GSC.

14. Having my fellowship coordinator come to my work after I hadn't been attending in a while. I told him I was pregnant, and he asked if "that was a good thing."

And then I was gone for good.

Edited by JavaJane

My wake-up call came when I realized that all the nonsense Wierwille taught in the Advanced Class was coming back to bite his arse. He taught that alcoholism was caused by devil spirits yet he lived the life of an insatiable sot. He taught that addiction was caused by devil spirits yet he chain smoked like the tobacco growers' livelihoods depended on him. He taught that sexual predation was caused by devil spirits yet he gave date rape drugs to countless, unsuspecting, young women and then raped them in their semi-conscious states. He taught that cancer is caused by devil spirits yet he, himself, was felled by this very illness. Should I go on? The basic premise is on page 13 of the AC syllabus for those who are interested.

So, this whole dichotomy of reality vs. spirituality presents itself as a bit of a dilemma.

Either we were following a man who was virtually infested to overflowing with devil spirits or there really was no credibility to his teachings on these matters. And, if he had no credibility on the issues with which he considered himself to be an expert, did he really have any credibility on anything at all?

That was a wake-up call of sorts for me. It happened here on GSC.

Great Post! I left when they said I could not marry (my husband now because he hadn't gone thru all the "classes"

like I had.....Oh SNAP! B*tch Please...........Oh No You didn't!

Later I realized how twisted the whole thing was and Cult like creepyness! I believe now in the Diety of Jesus.

• Upvote 1