GreaseSpot Cafe

Bless Patrol?

teachmevp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24/7

In the early days of GreaseSpot, a GSC member was in New Knoxville. It was a snowy night, She had a mobile setup and was in the chat room saying where she was. Within seconds, she saw lights and "Bless Patrol" was whizzing down the road. As she moved around New Knoxville, unmarked vans would pass her. (This was in the middle of the night)

Quite amusing and really showed how close they were monitoring this site

They drove around in trucks, that is wild, I thought they were on foot.

It would be cool, if somehow one could bounce 10 computer signals from the farm, to GS; send the way parol on a wild goose chase.

Edited by teachmevp

When I was at Rome City, bless patrol was every night, not just for special events. It was a freaking nightmare; wandering around setting up tipped over kids' bikes, checking on the bee hives, and most of all, checking the floss charts to make sure everyone who had teeth had flossed them and marked the chart. If they hadn't checked their names off they had to be awakened at midnight or so to run down the hall and correct their error. We finally got it about 5 am; rise and shine time was 5:30 am. Then it was business as usual. Breakfast, class/work depending on your schedule. You did not get to sleep until 11 pm or so the next night.

And nothing ever happened except I got startled by a barn owl one time. Other than that it was grit that kept me going; not even coffee available. It was absolute BS and torture, no reason to it that I could see. As far as speaking in tongues to keep devil spirits off the grounds, I could have done that easily from the comfort of our little room. Such absolute garbage! I did it twice and I always wondered if they were trying to tire me out so I couldn't think about how much I hated that place.

WG

Oh, and we were on foot; I guess at HQ they were in vehicles sometimes. They had more ground to cover, but I bet there was foot patrol also.

WG

Bless Patrol at Emporia when I was there in-residence with the 13th Corps was not so bad because you did not have it so often and free coffee or Pepsis for a dime from a machine were available to keep you awake. Gunnison was a whole other matter ... it was frikkin' cold for one thing ... the women usually got to stay in the guardhouse and speak in tongues for a list of people left there, but one of the guys had to walk alone around to all of the buildings, check them, and add wood in some fireplaces ... just another abusive thing to keep the Corps tired under the guise of spirituality.

OMG, I volunteered for Blast Patrol at ROA 1979 with 6 (or was it 8) hour shifts. At least I got time off to sing with The Way Chorale Internationale. Proably was the reason getting about 2 months later a collapsed left lung back home in Lenoir with my folks. but that is another story. we had to check ID of everyone including any possible Press. too bad Fox News didn't exists then.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

I witness to this Vietnam vet, and I took him to a twig, but before I took him, I told the wow about him; when I brought him, the wow told him about his Vietnam stuff, that I told the wow, like he got a revelation; maybe they were revelation gathering?

I pulled "bless patrol" just one single solitary time..

ROA 1977.

It was in a very very small corner of wienervilleland..

the gas pumps.

apparently the guy who was pulling that particular shift wanted to hear herr doktor teach Hebrews 11 that night..

so I was given a list. The owens, they can have all da gas they want. Joyful noise, will try to con gas out of you, do not let them pass.. (they never came, by the way..)

but one odd character came for da gas. I says.. do not pass. "hmmph. I'm da SON of da bastard who runs this thing.. I deserves da gas.."

I say something like.. "OK fella.. but it's really going to cost you your soul in the long run.."

"whatever.."

today.. I'm calling in the debt..

:biglaugh:

and to those who relay these little messages to the farm in the Mississippi mud.. pm me, and I'll give details where to send the check..

:evildenk:

how.. what's the word..

pathetic. You sold your soul, for seventeen gallons of gas.. at early seventies prices nonetheless..

what a moron..

I just wonder how the old man had the temerity to hand him the keys with almost an empty tank..

what a maroon..

He probably handed the greasy little bastard a hundred to go out on the town.. fill er up?

Naw.....

now.. he pays da devil..