GreaseSpot Cafe

Half or Full Sharing

skyrider

There has been lots of discussion on the New TWI Website thread. Seemingly, this website is for "bless sharings" and little else.....in other words, half sharing.

As long as you give "bless sharings" in twi.....your membership is secure. The thought-police are in the fellowships, in the larger meetings, in the hallways and on the internet to MONITOR innie thoughts! That is twi's first line of defense!!

An innie CANNOT have full sharing fellowship within twi.....THEY WILL NOT ALLOW IT. Positive sharings are allowed and negative outpourings are silenced. Class attendence is heralded in a newsletter.....and yet, concerns of accidents, hospital visits, spousal abuse, deaths, etc. are shunned and quickly silenced.

Half sharing is a plastic way to live. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Always smiling faces, tell lies.......they don't tell the truth. (that song, ya know)

Who really wants to go to a website or fellowship.....where it's like, "hi, how are you?" "Great! How about you? Great!" (both smile at each other and part) And, this is repeated over and over and over again. Not me!!!

No thanks....I'll take the good with the bad. Helping others is a strong witness to God's goodness, mercy and grace. Why would one's faith be lessened by involvement? Full of faith and full sharing is a life fully lived!

skyrider

The new twi web-site is more restrictive than even CHRISTIAN FORUMS, which has a bunch of moderators on each forum -- ready to axe and delete messages that "offend".

At the CF, they have spots for dissension, and discussion about *unorthodox* beliefs and such. Twi could learn from that, but I suppoose they aren't interested in (cough!) freedom.

dmiller.....good point!

Twi's bogus doctrine on "the law of believing" is the culprit. The premise of their foundation is skewed.

If "the law of believing" works with a mathematical exactness and scientic precision.....and "confession of belief equals receipt of confession".....THEN, of course, one should and would harness every word he spoke.

BUT.....twi's premise is fraudulent....and the trickle effect works its way into the minds and personalities of all involved.

Stop drinking the kool-aid. Have a Coors instead!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sky

You are so right. God forbid, one has a real challenge in life, that maybe a little help, kindness, understanding, and friendship might heal.

It doesn't exist in a psuedo/reality, where one's problems are due to "negative believing."

Sheesh, how immature can you get?

quote:
You are so right. God forbid, one has a real challenge in life, that maybe a little help, kindness, understanding, and friendship might heal.

It doesn't exist in a psuedo/reality, where one's problems are due to "negative believing."

Yeah, ex10......its a surface-smiling scenario way to exist.

Don't they READ their bibles anymore? The book of Acts gives accounts of setbacks, challenges, sickness, imprisonment, death, etc.......and this chronicles the acts of the apostles.

What's the point in learning about "more than conquerors" if there is nothing to overcome???? If everyday is fine and life is "great"......then who needs to overpower obstacles?

quote:
What's the point in learning about "more than conquerors" if there is nothing to overcome???? If everyday is fine and life is "great" .....then who needs to overpower obstacles?

Now that is an excellent point, Sky! icon_cool.gif (Never thought of it that way before!)

I posted some anti-trinitarian stuff over on CF, and got an e-mail from one of the moderators with some demands for explanations of what I posted. icon_eek.gif

I told em where I was coming from, where I had been, and instead of deleting my posts, the moderator (a die-hard catholic), said she would be interested in hearing more of my views, and input -- even though she personally did not agree with it. I think the fact that I am polite about my disagreement, and willing to listen to what others say helped -- but the fact remains that they are letting me *do my thing*, and are not exercising their power to delete my posts. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Unfortunately -- The Family Table folks haven't evolved to that level of conversation yet, where it is acceptable to "agree to disagree". icon_frown.gif:(-->

David

Half full, Half sharing.......HMMMMMMMMM

Sky.......this is a life changing subject...for some people.

I rose fairly high (OKAY, VERY) high in twi corporate structure. I remember Bob Moneyhands making a big deal about my "personality," my happy countenance, my ability to laugh and be *sunny.*

In the Waydale and Gspot chatrooms....those folks have seen more of that. The ability to be carnivorous and sunny......both at the same time.

Here in the forums, sometimes the sunny side shows thru....more often, the ....ed off, need to make a point woman makes herself heard.

What I am saying is that I do NOT believe that half sharing and full sharing are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. I am a woman that spent VIRTUALLY all of her life involved in twi. I was 14 when I attended my first fellowship.......44 when I left.

I have lots of wonderful, happy, fulfilling moments in my life that occured while I was in TWI. I have an equal amount of embarrassing, soul sucking, destructive moments....as would any one.

I am now free of cult influence. I am free of the UNDUE INFLUENCE that a cult had in my life. I am five years into learning to think, and feel and breathe on my own.

What I am saying is this......life on any level is not easy.....not simple...NOT A SLAM DUNK.

Like for all living humans is a crap shoot.

You see it half full or half empty? That is just a snapshot of how the *UNIVERSE* sees any of our lives.

ROR

quote:
You see it half full or half empty?

Radar.....actually, I don't. Life is full of challenges, setbacks, obstacles and is clearly "not a slam dunk."

You might want to reread my posts. Maybe I should use a few more emoticons when playing off twi's claim to "full sharing in the household." icon_smile.gif:)-->

I was jabbing twi for their plastic smiles and how the new website censors communication and life-experienced emotions.

If THAT is what you are getting from my posts.....then I'd better brush up on my communication skills. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Twi's pastey faced world of fake smiles, fake words, and fake lives promotes a very shallow and dishonest existence...it not only limits free thought and expression, but it also cripples the soul's ability to connect on a deeper level with others. Their little web forum is simply another manifestation of their never ending need to control their "followers"...and as we all know, control freaks are very fearful people.

Yet we all lived in that world of fake smiles and 'half sharing' for years.

I have to think everyone was aware of it on some level, but noone was going to buck that system and get away with it. For myself, whenever I showed any 'weakness', like having a real life problem, I was slammed down, yelled at, made to feel it was 'spiritual weakness'. When I learned to keep my mouth shut, and play the game, I was perceived differently, and rose in the 'system' accordingly.

Sometimes I feel really stupid for having been sucked in over there.

Learning to keep your mouth shut comes pretty easily since you're scolded and told to "believe God" any time you say something less than positive. Heck, I couldn't even share my heart with my ex because he would get scared that I would say something to get us M&A or knocked down a notch on the "good believer" scale.

Once I could see that things weren't going well with the company I worked for. They were laying people off left and right. I could see that my department was next and that my office mate and I were most likely going to be let go. I came home with some stuff from my desk; told my husband what was going on and he nearly freaked out that I was "believing negatively" and that I WOULD get let go if I continued to believe and act on that fear. I told him I wasn't afraid, I could just see the writing on the wall. It was battle between his superstitious way brain and my intuition and ability to realize what was going on when I did get laid off. I was glad that I had made preparations, gotten my resume together and started looking already for a job.

Looking back on our marriage, there were many times I kept my mouth shut to keep from appearing like a weak way wife, when I would have much rather been able to talk to my husband about anything and everything. I can talk to my childhood girlfriends about anything and they still love, accept and care for me even if they disagree with me. They may tell me I made a really stupid decision, but they will not M&A me. No matter how much I hurt my family members, they are there to dust me off and pick me up again. TWI is nothing like that and my marriage was a mirror image of TWI relationships at their worst. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Edited by Belle

One of the things that is, for most people, a healthy outlet is "venting". You're p.o.'d about something, and you yell or fume about it to someone who cares to get it off your chest. Venting "wasn't available" in TWI.

At work I was recently passed over for a promotion. The way in which it was handled was less than professional, and exposed some double-talk by upper management. I was furious about the situation, and talked about it to people I trusted. I'll get over it, I'll move on, I'll do my job in a professional manner, but I needed to "vent". icon_mad.gif Blowing off some steam was, for me, the way that I could get over it and move on.

In TWI that would have never been allowed to go on. I would have been "confessing negative" or some such b.s. So when things came up, they were bottled up inside with no real outlet.

quote:
In TWI that would have never been allowed to go on. I would have been "confessing negative" or some such b.s. So when things came up, they were bottled up inside with no real outlet.

Going to the bar in Minster was a periodic attitude check in the A/V department.

There were a lot of people who were aware of the phoniness of it all...some of them tried to be more "real" but eventually got squished by that big boot of conformity. People dealt with it differently...I maintained friendships outside of twi and would often vent to them about life's problems...when it came time for wayworld, the smile was back...

I think deep down, most of us knew it was hypocitical...another reason why it fell apart.