GreaseSpot Cafe

Corps: The Leash Gets Shorter

skyrider

By all accounting, today's corps "training" is NO LONGER a program.......its a chosen lifestyle.

In 1992 or thereabouts, twi mandated WEEKLY ATTENDANCE TO CORPS PHONE HOOK-UPS for all field corps graduates. Each limb or branch coordinator reports attendance numbers to corporate hdqts prior to the start of the corps meeting. Anyone who was associated with twi during the 1994/95 era remember that 'Reporting Back' was instituted as another pillar of twi's strength.

So....corps graduates MUST attend weekly corps meetings (September --> May)......or what? Well, the escalation of confrontations will begin in earnest....beginning with "deep concern for his/her spiritual growth." This first confrontation of "concern" might last an hour or so...depending on receptivity or obstinance. Confrontations have become the norm in twi. Any leader who has been around twi for any length of time knows how the process works. At each stage of resistance, the number of confronters grow and the volume increases. The final stage is a calculated standoff with the corps grad in the firing zone.....are you with us (twi) or against us?

I suppose another dirty little secret in twi's closet was that WIERWILLE ALWAYS EXPECTED TO PUT A LEASH ON THE CORPS......but even then, corps grads slipped away without confrontation. The paradigm of the corps program is TOTALLY DIFFERENT that it was back in the late '70s... when corps promotional brochures characterized it as "training future twig coordinators." In fact, the 7th corps numbers had so swelled that corps leadership dampened their expectations for spiritual leadership positions and that some should go into secular fields after graduation. Wierwille publically stated that he envisioned someone would donate ONE MILLION DOLLARS to twi and, after that meeting, two 7th corps guys said that this was now their goal.

The vague generalizations of twi's corps program were all over the place back then. Let's see, there were......1)special corps -- exceptions everywhere, 2)military corps -- some had military orders to fulfill, 3)corps married non-corps and given 'corps status' 4)way builder corps missed whole blocks of classes -- working at LEAD in Tinnie or Grand Log Homes in Colorado.....etc. In other words, the corps program had a very large tent........and a long, long leash.

Today, no secret what twi demands. The choice is made. The leash is very short.

Maybe, that's why the corps numbers are anemic. <_<

Today, no secret what twi demands. The choice is made. The leash is very short.

Maybe, that's why the corps numbers are anemic. <_<

Being in-residence is akin to being incarcerated. We were told everything - where to be, how to dress, we had no choice in our food, told what to read, what to listen to, when we could leave grounds (with the first 8 weeks or so being locked down entirely. Afterwards, we could only leave grounds for a couple hours on Saturdays,) had to ask permission to see a doctor and you could expect to be denied, were not allowed to goto the dentist except on relocation, had to check a list that we flossed daily, had to check a list that we exercised, had to check a list that we were at the STS phone hookup, were not allowed to mingle with the staff, and the list could go on.

Oh and one more thing. As soon as we arrived in-residence they immediately inspected all of our belongings to make sure we had our names on all of our belongings. If you were married you could expect to stand by and watch someone inspect your wife's panties that they were labeled and most likely it would be a man that inspected them. This happened to several couples I was in-residence with. Though the husbands were infuriated they lacked the courage to say anything except to b!tch in private.

I HATED it. I nearly quit numerous times and in retrospect I wish I had. It was the longest most wasted two years of my life. The curriculum is completely bogus. The bulk of the class time was spent taking the way of abundance and power series complete with exams. What a sham what a scam. I was told I was in an accredited program only to find out the state of Colorado gives no recognition to my degree.

My advice to anyone reading this who is thinking about the way corps is run like h3ll before you wind up with 4 lost years dedicated to a bogus program.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

By all accounting, today's corps "training" is NO LONGER a program.......its a chosen lifestyle.

They bill it as "a lifetime of Christian service". This covers all their leash shortening tactics, which are many. Now required are submitting for approval yearly meeting schedules, schedule weekly phone calls to review Vision and Direction goals and progress as well as feedback on weekly schedules that are required to be turned in, and there are requirements for the number and types of meetings necessary between the local fellowship, leadership (fellowship coordinators), higher levels (branch coordinators, limb coordinators). Of course vacation time for staff is very limited and requires multiple levels of approval. Oh, and the counting and recounting of people attending fellowship. It was instituted that you couldn't actually report a person as no longer attending fellowship prior to obtaining approval from the Trunk office. There are other "leash shortening" restrictions - marriage of course is one, during LCM time pregnancy was a restriction as well as a pet policy, you cannot own a "distributorship" (i.e. sell things on the side for additional income).

You spoke of required attendance at Corps hookups. This was instituted by LCM - prior to that it was just whoever wanted to dial in and all the groups were announced in the meeting. He wanted the undivided attention of everyone for his sessions where he dropped people and ran their names into the mud with libelous statements. In the Rosie era, this stopped, to be replaced by rudimentary teachings on fundamentals including a "practical" sharing spot to be filled with inane babble in a parent->child tone teaching people about frivolous things such as reading can labels, bowel movements, and other such nonsense. These would teeter on the verge of being so stupid that everyone would object to just being borderline enough where some idiot would write in and say how much they learned during the bowel movement teaching. LCM hookups were fear driven. Rosie hookups are boredom driven. Very frequently I've witnessed Corps not even listening to the hookups and just talking throughout the whole meeting due to mind-numbing boredom. Oh, and God forbid you had a schedule conflict. Out of town business trips would require that you attend one of the available make-up calls, and if those were missed there were the requisite reproof sessions regarding your spiritual priorities.

Oh, and Corps files. It was decided that nobody gets to see those any more - not returned after the 10 year mark like previously. So whatever slanderous statements, erroneous judgements, and blind malice that would work its way into there was forever preserved for all eternity. Local leadership also would keep "files" on Corps, and a common way to get rid of people would be to just bitch about them every week on your call with your leadership. This of course served the purpose of taking any focus off of you and diverting it to a common scapegoat. This type of activity served to develop people in leadership positions that are very adept at that - choosing scapegoats and kissing @$$. In fact, if I had to choose two "leadership" qualities common to Corps leadership currently, those two would be forefront.

Yes, the Corps has gone from a long leash to a short choke chain. Those that remain show undying loyalty and complete lack of imagination. And a lot of fear. You see, after being employed in that kind of environment and in it for years, people going out into the business world don't know how to cope. The paradigm LCM showed of bragging how he could be the CEO of a major business and then when forced to back it up doing nothing more than slinging boxes at UPS in a part-time college student position is one that pretty much would play out equally across the spectrum of current leadership. In a climate where choosing scapegoats and kissing @$$ isn't valued as much as producing tangible results, leaders who have been trained up in "how they do things at HQ" are woefully inadequately prepared.

The short choke chain micromanagement is an insult to any intelligent and qualified leader. In business people migrate away from that type of culture - usually to grow beyond their previous manager. Only by manipulating and playing on people's love for God and desire to serve is it possible for TWI leadership to replace God with a person and substitute the person's will for God's in one of the greatest scams of all time - bilking people out of money, time, education, energy, and their youth. No, the Corps is not a "lifetime of Christian service", it is a lifetime of servitude and meniality and being subject to the whims and wiles of false prophets and false teachers. (I won't include false apostles because they don't even have enough vision in any direction to qualify). The Corps is nothing more than a scheme for Christian exclusivity, and the pattern plays out as long as people are stupid enough to allow themselves to remain under the authority of those running it.

• Upvote 2

They bill it as "a lifetime of Christian service". This covers all their leash shortening tactics, which are many....

You spoke of required attendance at Corps hookups. This was instituted by LCM...

Yes, the Corps has gone from a long leash to a short choke chain. Those that remain show undying loyalty...

The short choke chain micromanagement is an insult to any intelligent and qualified leader....

chockfull......nice synopsis, thanks.

The short choke chain micromanagement of twi......is the TASKMASTER dominance over his slave.

Everything that the corps program has become......is the ANTITHESIS to walking by the spirit.

For wierwille to have structured his leadership training program in this manner gives further evidence that he, contrary to his public and published persona, hadn't the slightest recognition of walking with the Father. This top-down, rigid, conformity-driven, oppressive-induced, burden-laden structure is the trademark insignia of the enemy's kingdom.

Despite what it might look like from the outside..

the profession I've chosen this decade, has a very, very long leash..

I'm pretty much free to do what I wish. Well, within a few reasonable standards.

however. The only real leash is the funding..

somehow math and science ends up, not "untouchable".. but still needed..

it's more like mopping up, helping the workforce in categories that participation in public k-12 schools have failed them..

You spoke of required attendance at Corps hookups. This was instituted by LCM - prior to that it was just whoever wanted to dial in and all the groups were announced in the meeting.

Yes, the Corps has gone from a long leash to a short choke chain. Those that remain show undying loyalty and complete lack of imagination. And a lot of fear. You see, after being employed in that kind of environment and in it for years, people going out into the business world don't know how to cope."

Penworks: My experience in Florida in late 1970s and early 1980s was that VPW required Corps night dial-ups from those of us on the field. Limb and branch leaders enforced this on the Corps in their areas.

Penworks: IMO, The Corps was on a short choke chain while I was in residence in 1971-1973 when VPW was directly in charge of it.

• Upvote 1

i see nothing different than when we were in , sky

excie....from a twi-agenda perspective, I would agree.

However, today......twi has an internet-presence of disgruntled ex-followers. All those rosy-colored pictures of "sitting at the feet of the teacher" can easily be diffused by a laptop. Or, one can go to a sunday sermon at hq.....and observe the gray-haired ushers, the empty auditorium, the drab performance of joyless singing and the boring reading of a sermon. Or, one might ask to see where those annual wide-panoramic corps pictures are....you know, 7th-12th corps when the numbers were 320+ in succession. Why are the numbers so pathetic today, one might ask?

Where did the 2nd president go? Ousted???? Sex predation lawsuit.....and it was settled out of court?

Oh my! With every bit of knowledge gained.....MORE RED FLAGS FLY.

Today, there is a twi-history that is undeniable.

Today, one can easily see a gaping hole of "missing history."

Today, the 3,000 corps that have exited is hard to scrub.

Today, the deception is out in the open.....imo.

What next? Wearing green robes to signify corps loyalty and vows of silence? <_<

What next? Wearing green robes to signify corps loyalty and vows of silence? <_<

Well if the last 12 years have been any indication, we should expect more of the same. Rosie's attitude is the faithful have always been a remnant and since they are convinced they are right in the center of God's will there is no reason to change. Obviously, to them, they are right and the whole world is wrong. People are just refusing to believe and they will herald forth the truth even if no one believes. After all, they will still get huge rewards from God at the bema.

Rosie and the gang are completely and totally out of touch.

I speak of leadership. Many of the followers know "the ministry" is shrinking and to them fellowship is like going to Church on Sundays.

Well if the last 12 years have been any indication, we should expect more of the same. Rosie's attitude is the faithful have always been a remnant and since they are convinced they are right in the center of God's will there is no reason to change. Obviously, to them, they are right and the whole world is wrong. People are just refusing to believe and they will herald forth the truth even if no one believes.

Yeah....holding up in their compound with paul blart cops patrolling twi grounds, they are SO RIGHT and SO MIGHTY. :biglaugh:

Of course, the "ark of the pfal covenant" is fiercely guarded.....wierwille gave his eye for the ministry and died brokenhearted when so many left him. sarc/ This poison is in their dna and could be exhumed from their graves 100 years from now.....and still register the poison-laced idolatry in crumbled bones.

Maybe they should read Jeremiah 23:

Jer 23:10 For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness

are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force [is] not right.

Jer 23:11 For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD.

Jer 23:12 Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery [ways] in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein:

for I will bring evil upon them, [even] the year of their visitation, saith the LORD.

Jer 23:13 And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.

Jer 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies:

Edited by skyrider

They let me off the leash. Well, physically. I was stuck in the dog kennel though.

Some time later, I let my mind and heart off the leash.

AND I'M FREE. FREE!!!!!! :dance: