GreaseSpot Cafe

It's OK to not know

OldSkool

Lately, as I have been unraveling my old way international conditioned beliefs, I find myself scared at times. Scared that the world that was created for me by the way with all it's self delusion is not true.

The insulation from evils, just believe big enough and they will go away - gone!

The over-confidence from being so sure that I was right - gone!

The inability to call a spade a spade because I should never make a negative confession - gone!

And many other things along the same line.

Waking up from this nightmare is better than being asleep and trapped in this insanity. I can deal with things for what they really are and hopefully avoid the harm inflicted on the self deluded.

• Upvote 1

That's all so true. I did that as well, and a few other really scary things. However, ultimately I realized that God is still God and He is who He says He is.....and we are His sons (and daughters) and everything He promised....(not the dumtwits) will be. I can rest safely in that. I don't have to know everything. I don't have to pretend to know everything. Many of the things I'm rooting over now may or may not be correct....but I am reviewing and trying to keep all in His perspective.

I'm sure you'll get to that place too. When you do, You'll realize that you are moving faster than you thought you were and you are more certain of many things than you thought you were. I hope I haven't confused you. Trust me please.

you'll also be surprised at how much money you have.......

In my explorations beyond the confines of The Way International's theology, I came across the writings of James D.G. Dunn, whom I've come to regard as one of the best New Testament scholars of the late-20th, early-21st century.

Dunn occassionally mentions "the lust for certainty", by which he means jumping to conclusions because we want to know MORE than we possibly CAN know.

Wierwille certainly fed our lust for certainty. According to Wierwille, you had "to know that you know that you know that you know". We didn't really know more... we just thought we did. We learned intellectual arrogance from Wierwille.

If it weren't so pathetic,it would be hilarious, the way the serial cult-leader wannabes of Christian Educational Services/Spirit & Truth Fellowship International/The Living Truth Fellowship try to make their thinking sound scholarly when its all built on Wierwille sand. It's ALL as phoney as Lynn's smile, and they try to continue trading on our lust for certainty. What's really sad is, they don't realize how wrong they are, and they refuse to acknowledge the damage they do, because their intentions ARE "good".

You're doing well, OldSkool. We've been following your progress as you post here at GreaseSpot, and you're going through natural readjustments of thinking. Some of us here have come to believe that the world is a much safer place when we actually trust God's care for us instead of our own ability to believe. Scarey things can happen in the real world, but not with as much certainty as they do in Wierwille's lala land.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz
  • Upvote 1

i get scared. i get sick. i pray just like i did when i was kid (that was poem)

seriously, i don't care what i know or don't know -- i still pray and look to god and christ. never knew who to pray to when i was a little catholic girl -- so i did both -- which i still do :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the movie "The Matrix".

Morpheus talks about the red pill and the blue pill. If you take the blue pill, things go back to they way it was and everything is fine. I think all of the people left in TWI have taken the blue pill.

But Neo takes the red pill and finds out the harsh reality - all those people living in blue pill land were in suspended states with plugs going into the back of their heads.

I feel like that with the deprogramming stuff - like "how the h did I ever survive having those plugs into the back of my head with strings pulled by the puppetmasters?" I would much rather face the reality that life is difficult and you have to work hard to get anywhere with anything than the delusional Stepford-like Way-World where life is beautiful all the time. And if it's not, you just change your definition of beautiful and keep confessing away. What PUKE!!!!

Give me the harsh reality of life and I can live it with all I've got :beer:

Edited by chockfull

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the movie "The Matrix".

Yes.......good movie. :)

Some of this manipulation and seduction reminds me of Atlas Shrugged

"James Taggart leaned back in his chair, watching them; he was beginning to enjoy the conversation.

Yes, said Dr. Ferris, 'I'm thinking of it, too. I'm thinking of a certain tycoon who is in a position to blast us to pieces. Whether we'll recover the pieces or not, is hard to tell. God knows what is liable to happen at a hysterical time like the present and in a situation as delicate as this. Anything can throw everything off balance. Blow up the whole works. And if there's anyone who wants to do it, he does. He does and can. He knows the real issue, he knows the things which must not be said--and he is not afraid to say them. He knows the one dangerous, fatally dangerous weapon. He is our deadliest adversary.

Who? asked Lawson.

Dr. Ferris hesitated, shrugged and answered, 'The guiltless man.'

Lawson stared blankly, 'What do you mean and whom are you talking about?'

James Taggart smiled.

'I mean that there is no way to disarm any man.' said Dr. Ferris, except through guilt. Through that which he himself has accepted as guilt. If a man has ever stolen a dime, you can impose on him the punishment intended for a bank robber and he will take it. He'll bear any form of misery, he'll feel that he deserves no better. If there's not enough guilt in the world, we must create it. If we teach a man that it's evil to look at spring flowers and he believes us and then does it--we'll be able to do whatever we please with him. He won't defend himself. He won't feel he's worth it. He won't fight. But save us from the man who lives up to his own standards. Save us from THE MAN OF CLEAN CONSCIENCE [emphasis added]. He's the man who'll beat us.'

For Christians of faith, the one man who sacrificed his life for sins forever and sat down at the right hand of God

.....we draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.

When I exited twi and shunned their hypocrisy.........I left with a clean conscience.

No guilt trips will ever draw me back into that deception again.