GreaseSpot Cafe

Anyone have first hand knowledge of SNS attendance?

JustThinking

• 2 weeks later...

The STS (Sunday Teaching Service) as it has been renamed, happens at 3pm now. When I was around in 2008, it was EMPTY. There was also a host of unfilled staff positions, which made the emptiness even worse. So what did Rosalie and the gang do to try and hide the emptiness? They started scheduling field visits from across the country. Charter a bus(es) and coerce as many people as you can to get on board. The only problem is there aren't enough people left in TWI (or enough of them that want to participate) to do this every time there is a service. So most of the time the auditorium is EMPTY.

Let's define empty. Typically, without a bussed in audience, they had trouble filling the center of the first three rows. I kid you not. The only times the place came close to capacity was pentecost, the anniversary, and perhaps a concert where the local community was invited to attend. By community I mean all the various and sundry business contacts that showed up out of obligation. But then only the lower auditorium was used. The top is only used at pentecost and the anniversary - maybe.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can sum it up: :knuddel:

Girl meets girl. Girl's husband is a big cheating meanie. Girls fall in love. Husband gets fired, moves out, and gets a part-time job at at UPS. Girls live happily ever after, and run off with the cash. The end.

I do movie summaries too. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

i'm disappointed in donna

Donna has ice water in her veins. Her only concerns are running the way with Rosalie, playing politics, and making calculated maneuvers with people's lives who are under their purview for the greater good of the way international. Beyond that, their is not much left of whatever she used to be.

Donna has ice water in her veins. Her only concerns are running the way with Rosalie, playing politics, and making calculated maneuvers with people's lives who are under their purview for the greater good of the way international. Beyond that, their is not much left of whatever she used to be.

so very very sad

• 4 years later...
On 7/4/2012 at 11:15 AM, OldSkool said:

I taught a service - once. Thank God it was only once. The teachings are beyond scripted. You are assigned a topic, you work the topic using ONLY approved ministry "research", you turn in an outline for approval, once approved the outline is crafted into word for word notes that are resubmitted for approval --- oh, you also have to record yourself (on cassette) presenting the teaching and turn that in as well. The entire process is used to control every word spoken. By the time you get around to actually presenting you teaching all of "you" has been carefully removed from the teaching and presentation. All that is left is an individual with a creepy smile, scared to death of misspeaking, reading word for word from their notes. The content is purposefully dumbed down. Why? Because all of the teaching should be fully understood by a 12 year old all the way to an untaught (by TWI) senior citizen.

It was one of the most unnatural, uncomfortable experiences in relation to public speaking I was ever i

Just now, Grace Valerie Claire said:
On 7/4/2012 at 11:15 AM, OldSkool said:

I taught a service - once. Thank God it was only once. The teachings are beyond scripted. You are assigned a topic, you work the topic using ONLY approved ministry "research", you turn in an outline for approval, once approved the outline is crafted into word for word notes that are resubmitted for approval --- oh, you also have to record yourself (on cassette) presenting the teaching and turn that in as well. The entire process is used to control every word spoken. By the time you get around to actually presenting you teaching all of "you" has been carefully removed from the teaching and presentation. All that is left is an individual with a creepy smile, scared to death of misspeaking, reading word for word from their notes. The content is purposefully dumbed down. Why? Because all of the teaching should be fully understood by a 12 year old all the way to an untaught (by TWI) senior citizen.

It was one of the most unnatural, uncomfortable experiences in relation to public speaking I was ever i

OS, how sad!!  I used to love attending TWI functions at HQ!  They were usually fun, and people laughed a lot!!  The music by Way Productions was so good, that people didn't want to leave; I almost had to be dragged out of the main teaching.  How sad to hear that the TWI teachings s--k.