GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

Was anyone drugged and raped during the making of this movie?

And what happened to the first five parts?

No. Roman Polankski :offtopic:/>/> was out of this country at the time of filming. And I don't know what the five parts are?

Edited by Human without the bean

Raf is undoubtedly alluding to "Leonard, Part 6," starring Bill Cosby, whose transgressions, if we are to believe the numerous allegations, were on a par with VPW's.

Is the answer "Leonard Part Six Million Dollar Man"?

George

No.

In no way have I intimated that the order in which the movie is placed in the answer is in the front.

You just assumed that.

That wasn't it?

How about

"The Six Million Dollar Man from UNCLE"?

Nope. I don't think that you've seen it(the movie)but I'd hoped you would have come across it at some point it's been very popular and shows on cable TV quite frequently.

*hint* stars an A-list actor.

Edited by Human without the bean

"The Six Million Dollar Man on Fire"?

George

Yes. Denzel Washington plays a burnt out, alcoholic, ex-op assassin hired to protect a girl who is kidnapped. Mrs. Bean says Man on Fire is the first movie that she started liking anything that stars DW. Thought he was conceited.

Your up Lantern

Yes. Denzel Washington plays a burnt out, alcoholic, ex-op assassin hired to protect a girl who is kidnapped. Mrs. Bean says Man on Fire is the first movie that she started liking anything that stars DW. Thought he was conceited.

Your up Lantern

I keep confusing "Man on Fire" with "John Q" and think of only 1 movie with Denzel Washington.

Since you didn't describe "John Q", I led myself way off course on that one.

This one will be easy.

A talking horse introduces several acts on his weekly variety show, including a talking puppet mouse.

George

Ok, what show was it that featured Topo Gigio?

*thinks*

Aha!

Old Horse-Face!

So this is "The Mister Ed Sullivan Show."

Here's a movie we've never done!

A pair of brothers were conjoined twins, separated as children but still linked in some way.

They travel and con people, performing bogus exorcisms. When they suddenly encounter the real

deal, it takes all their swashbuckling skill and their courage to face the curse.

Well, I doubt there was anything DEMONIC in BK, but there WAS buckle swashing.

George

So, no, without any exorcisms or curses, this wasn't a reference to Karamazov.

(Unless there's a version of the movie that REALLY deviated from the book....)

In this 1941 (2005) Terry Gilliam movie,a pair of brothers were conjoined twins, separated as children but still linked in some way.

They traveled and con people, performing bogus exorcisms in French-occupiued Germany in the 19th century.

When they suddenly encounter the real deal, it takes all their swashbuckling skill and their courage to face the curse.

Starred Douglas Fairbanks, Matt Damon, and Heath Ledger.

My hint was supposed to be that Karamazov was too cheerful. Try something a little more... dark. A little more... brooding. A little more...

The Corsican Brothers Grimm

My hint was supposed to be that Karamazov was too cheerful. Try something a little more... dark. A little more... brooding. A little more...

The Corsican Brothers Grimm

That's the movie.

But I thought your clue was a stretch-I didn't see the connection and I knew the answer.

But it's your turn.

A New Jersey stoner and his awfully quiet hetero-life-mate travel across the country to help a teenage time traveler whose mom's got the hots for him.

Movie bromance? Let's see....

Must be a Kevin Smith movie.

How about "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back to the Future?"

*applauds as instructed*

OK, here's something we haven't done yet.

(With good reason.)

A stealth 5-movie title (don't expect a long title.)

In this 1975 (1986/2005/2011/2015) movie,

an agoraphobic is released from prison (solitary, obviously) for killing a man who tried to kill his best friend.

Being released to the world brings personal and financial problems-including how his best friend tries

to get him into entirely new troubles. He falls in with a plan to accompany some World War II GI's in search

of hidden ex-Nazi loot in East Germany- just in time to escape his sleepy hometown being disarrayed by a

mysterious doctor who does strange things.

Critics are split as to whether the movie's mechanic of personifying the protagonist's emotions

just complicates the story, or is a daring artistic move on behalf of the director and writer.

A stealth 5-movie title (don't expect a long title.)

In this 1986 (2011/1975/2005/2015) movie,

an agoraphobic is released from prison (solitary, obviously) for killing a man who tried to kill his best friend.

Being released to the world brings personal and financial problems-including how his best friend tries

to get him into entirely new troubles. He falls in with a plan to accompany some World War II GI's in search

of hidden ex-Nazi loot in East Germany- just in time to escape his sleepy hometown being disarrayed by a

mysterious doctor who does strange things.

Critics are split as to whether the movie's mechanic of personifying the protagonist's emotions with animations

just complicates the story, or is a daring artistic move on behalf of the director and writer.

Stars include:

Elliott Gould, Howard Hesseman, Jennifer Tilly, Meshach Taylor,

Parker Posey, Bruce Dern, Paul Levesque, Michael Rapaport,

Telly Savalas, Robert Culp, James Mason,

Eriq LaSalle, Steven Weber, Russell Wong, Nia Peeples,

Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith, Bill Hader, Lewis Black, and Mindy Kaling.

Edited by WordWolf

If this is what I think it is, it's clever as hell. I only recognize two of the movies, but they have something in common, and my wager is the rest have the exact same thing in common.

Not entirely sure it fits the game, but it's so clever that "so what?"