GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

So, here are some obscure but memorable movie lines.  I'll leave five lines from movies and I'm asking for two right answers to win the round.

1.  "Two pair !  Two pair!"    "Three of a kind beats two pair you dumb truck."

2.  "To get a hold of the police you dial 9______1_______1______ then just tell them to bring an ambulance, or a hearse if you're gonna kill me".

3.  "I'll take you to the bank!   The blood bank!" 

4.  "Are you suggesting madam that there exists a law compelling a gentleman

to lay hold of canine bowel movement"?  "I'm suggesting that you pick the poop up".

5.  "What if what I said was true? Hypothetically speaking, if I was part of a story, a narrative... even if it was only in my own mind... what would you suggest that I do"?

"I would suggest you take prescribed medication".

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I think they're a bit TOO obscure.   Can we get more lines, possibly from movies a touch LESS obscure?

Okay, but let's wait a few and see if anyone picks up on any of them first.   Otherwise sure.

Very well, here's a couple of those I posted..   1.  "Two pair !  Two pair!"    "Three of a kind beats two pair you dumb truck."  That's from a poker game in the movie "Training Day".  3.   "I'll take you to the bank!   The blood bank!".   This is from the Steven Seagal movie  "Hard To Kill".

6.  "It's a dangerous thing, ambition. It practically ruined Mickey Mouse's career".

7.  "Can I get you gentlemen something more to drink, or maybe something to nibble on, some Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers or Extreme Fajitas?   Just coffee!   "Okay, sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays" !

8.  "Hmmmm, so that’s how it is in their family".

9.  "Harold.  Harold!

Yes, what is it?

You're staring at my tits.

"I wa... I don't think I was. I don't think I would do that. If I was, I can assure you it was only as a representative of the United States government".

10. " As the Pyramids testify to the Egyptians, so my glorious erection shall represent our culture in perpetuity! Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent! The greatest erection of the age! The greatest erection on the planet"!

"10. " As the Pyramids testify to the Egyptians, so my glorious erection shall represent our culture in perpetuity! Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent! The greatest erection of the age! The greatest erection on the planet"!

Ok, wild swing here.  Is this "LIFE STINKS"???   (It's obviously a comedy with the construction of a building or a monument as part of the story.)

9 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"10. " As the Pyramids testify to the Egyptians, so my glorious erection shall represent our culture in perpetuity! Behold, rising before you, the greatest erection on the continent! The greatest erection of the age! The greatest erection on the planet"!

Ok, wild swing here.  Is this "LIFE STINKS"???   (It's obviously a comedy with the construction of a building or a monument as part of the story.)

That line is about the construction of a similar object but no, that is not the movie WordWolf.

One of the lines I think for sure is from a movie you guys have seen.  The others probably not.  But in your case WordWolf, that never seems to slow you down from what I can tell playing here.   Am I right, have either of you seen Training Day or Hard To Kill?

Edited by Human without the bean

On 1/24/2024 at 7:05 PM, Human without the bean said:

8.  "Hmmmm, so that’s how it is in their family".

When Principle Rooney is at the school in "Ferris Bueller" and let's Sloane go home with Ferris (posing as her dad) then, Ferris asks, "Do you have a kiss for Daddy", and upon seeing them kiss, that is what the Principal says!

"I guess you guys weren't ready for that yet".  Unless someone wants to keep playing, then I suppose I should give it up to a FREE POST.

5 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

When Principle Rooney is at the school in "Ferris Bueller" and let's Sloane go home with Ferris (posing as her dad) then, Ferris asks, "Do you have a kiss for Daddy", and upon seeing them kiss, that is what the Principal says!

"I guess you guys weren't ready for that yet".  Unless someone wants to keep playing, then I suppose I should give it up to a FREE POST.

"BACK TO THE FUTURE!"

Actually, I just saw the "staring at my tits" movie, and it was bizarre.

I remembered the "take that to the bank" quote with no trouble at all. Fun, stupid movie, Hard to Kill.

I got Stranger than Fiction

and

Kate and Leopold.

Pretty sure one of those is Office Space, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Just a hunch.

Yep, you got enough Raf. I figured you might.  "Staring at my tits" is Stranger than Fiction.   You're right, it is bizarre.  The line "I suggest you pick up the dog poop" is  Kate and Leopold as is "the greatest erection on the continent" quote.  There is an Office Space line also, "Okay, sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays".  Very Impressive Raf.

FFT  ""It's a dangerous thing, ambition. It practically ruined Mickey Mouse's career". is a quote by Rex Reed from 1970 film Myra Breckinridge.

Edited by Human without the bean

First came the book. Then came the movie rights. A screenwriter was hired to turn the book into a movie. He failed. Couldn't do it. So he turned in a script, expecting to be fired. The script was about his failed effort to write a script based on the book. He became a character in the script. So did the author. The screenwriter even invented  a collaborator, his own twin brother, who, it must be noted, does not exist in real life. The actor they got to play the screenwriter played the twin brother, too. In one scene where they both appear in the same frame, we're actually seeing the actor, who is facing the camera, and the back of the actual screenwriter, standing in for his twin brother, who doesn't exist. He does exist in the movie, though.

And, peculiarly, he was given an onscreen credit for his work on the screenplay.

It may be the first time in which the Academy nominated someone for an Oscar knowing full well he does not exist. The existing brother was nominated too. They both lost.

The actor who played them was also nominated and lost. 

Name the movie.

Edited by Raf

Ok, this might help, might not. I know most book-to-movie adaptations don't get this convoluted, but that's part of the fun.

Anyway: There are a couple of scenes in which the screenwriter is on the (fictitious) set of another movie (let's call it BJM). That other movie (BJM) is real, written by the same screenwriter and made by the same director. In real life, the screenwriter was tasked with adapting the book while production was underway for BJM. So having a scene set on the set of BJM brought everything back full circle.

Now listen carefully, I've given you the name of the movie, and then some.