GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Perception was EVERYTHING

skyrider

VPW put down commentaries but weren't the Blue Book and the rest commentaries? How about the Way Mag and all its articles ABOUT the Word.......

And to the Corps he taught and gave "literal translations according to usage". In other words, you're writing a commentary and need 4 BS distracting adjectives to convince others you are not.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to the Corps he taught and gave "literal translations according to usage". In other words, you're writing a commentary and need 4 BS distracting adjectives to convince others you are not.

Yeah.....and as wierwille taught these "literal translations according to usage" the last few years

of his tenure, corps coordinators and leadership acted like it was preserving the tablets in the

arc of the covenant. And, this "holy skrit" would also be available to University of Life members

in the near future.

Ironic, ain't it? Wierwille makes a big deal of (supposedly) trashing some 3,000 commentaries

and "devoted his life" to getting to the Scriptures, and only the Scriptures. Then..........

he spends his last years of dedicated devotion to establishing The Wierwille Commentary

of certain books [Romans & others?] to engrave his legacy.

Why does the saying "a dog returning to his vomit" seem so appropriate about now?

Edited by skyrider

VPW put down commentaries but weren't the Blue Book and the rest commentaries? How about the Way Mag and all its articles ABOUT the Word.......

The Studies in Abundant Living weren't even commentaries as much as they were

typed-up versions of sermons. Any of us could have had our teachings typed-up

and produced bigger books of equal or better quality with fewer pretensions.

I felt much of the other stuff wasn't up to "commentary" status.

Except for the rare "gmir" articles, which were better than vpw's work.

After his insulting of the works of others and insistence on usage of the KJV,

it should be no surprise that he lifted some or all of his

"literal translations according to usage."

Philippians 4:13 in the Amplified Bible includes this, which may sound familiar:

"I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me"

Remember it? Remember singing along when it was made into a song?

Outie, I am shocked at you. Don't you remember that the Way mags were the "epistles" for our day and time? :biglaugh:/>

WW, I do agree with you about gmir. Best thing in the mag. And then it ... just stopped being there. Know why, now.

when i got those pretty colored books along with my syllabus i thought i would find the treasures and answers i hadn't found in the frikkin class or wherever whatever boy i was wrong

WE WERE MISLEAD MISINFORMED MIS MIS MIS DIS DIS DIS

are there REALLY people buying into this now

rosie posie and donna wanna (they're not - they're too smart)

sowers please you can't be that stupid

i feel sorry for you nutcases

i was once but the evidence is way too clear now

Edited by excathedra

when i got those pretty colored books along with my syllabus i thought i would find the treasures and answers i hadn't found in the frikkin class or wherever whatever boy i was wrong

WE WERE MISLEAD MISINFORMED MIS MIS MIS DIS DIS DIS

are there REALLY people buying into this now

rosie posie and donna wanna (they're not - they're too smart)

sowers please you can't be that stupid

i feel sorry for you nutcases

i was once but the evidence is way too clear now

There are REALLY people buying into this now.

those books volume I, II, III -- whatever they were -- the blue book, the green, the orange.....

they had no coherency

each chapter was so disjointed

i was expecting something entirely different

i thought they would make sense and have a flow

who put them together and why?

The books started out as little pamphlets that later became the chapters of the books. My best guess is that Wierwille put them into book form to give the class an appearance of legitimacy, to create a perception.

Yep, exactly.

My wife had collected those little, pocket-sized pamphlets since around 1970.....seems like

we had, at one time, about 60-70 of them. They were like the "teenage version" of the

retemory packets that were designed to carry around with you throughout the day. Perhaps,

used as a witnessing tool......as well.

But when you think about it......all this morphing from cornfield preacher, to small-makeshift BRC

"research center" to audio versions of pfal class and later, huge reel-to-reel players to lug around

for classes.....it took wierwille FOREVER AND A DAY to mount any appearance of legitimacy.

So, from (supposedly) 1942 to 1974, twi FINALLY puts together an orange, a blue, a green, and brown book

series to add to the perception that twi's word is on fire and turning the world upside down??? And,

shortly before vpee's death.....the red book came out. Wonder why the color "red?"

:biglaugh:/>/>

Edited by skyrider

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_sources.htm

"The style is sermonic; Wierwille alternately quotes a few verses of Scripture and then follows with commentary. It is easy to "write" a book in this manner. All Wierwille needed was an audience to discipline him to give regular teachings, a tape recorder and a transcriber. Rhoda Wierwille, Wierwille's secretary since 1947 (and who later became his sister-in-law), remembers transcribing the tapes of his Power for Abundant Living teachings into a 900-page manuscript that later was edited into a book of the same name. Any pastor who preaches regularly could produce a 500-page book every year using this method. "

I didn't think those collaterals were disjointed. I always thought one of VPs strengths was how he sequenced stuff. In one collateral, the blue book, I think, he ended one chapter with "You are rescued now"! then the very next chapter was called "You are righteous now". He was good at that.

I didn't think those collaterals were disjointed. I always thought one of VPs strengths was how he sequenced stuff. In one collateral, the blue book, I think, he ended one chapter with "You are rescued now"! then the very next chapter was called "You are righteous now". He was good at that.

are you kidding me? really ?????

he was NOT good at that

those books were definitely disjointed. if you liked each chapter standing alone, fine, i don't care much

but disjointed they were - i don't feel digging them out - if i even have them

i'm just telling you my confusion as a new PFAL grad - mind you i was a teenager - and i'm 58 now lol

Shouldn't one assume that any edited and published work would follow some sort of ordered sequence? It's like saying a carpenter was good at his craft because he managed to put nails in the boards.

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_sources.htm

"The style is sermonic; Wierwille alternately quotes a few verses of Scripture and then follows with commentary. It is easy to "write" a book in this manner. All Wierwille needed was an audience to discipline him to give regular teachings, a tape recorder and a transcriber. Rhoda Wierwille, Wierwille's secretary since 1947 (and who later became his sister-in-law), remembers transcribing the tapes of his Power for Abundant Living teachings into a 900-page manuscript that later was edited into a book of the same name. Any pastor who preaches regularly could produce a 500-page book every year using this method. "

Shouldn't one assume that any edited and published work would follow some sort of ordered sequence? It's like saying a carpenter was good at his craft because he managed to put nails in the boards.

vpw did some teachings, and recorded them.

Someone came along, and transcribed and edited them.

Someone else came along, did some more editing and polishing,

and voila! A completed book.

The chapters were usually stand-alone and were on completely different

subjects. The editors arranged them in thematic groups when possible,

and added catchy titles. That's neither remarkable nor unusual-

it would be EXPECTED and hardly elevates the books.

Most of us who taught regularly could have produced such books,

even decades younger than vpw. In fact, some of us toyed with the idea.

(Since then, technology's made such things a lot easier and it could

be done a number of ways and "published" depending upon if one wanted to

give it away or sell it.)

Edited by WordWolf

yes transcribers editors perception.....

and me 19 years old trying to discover the spiritual treasures in these great works i had received along with syllabus

--

i worked with rhoda in word processing. she was very very proud (and protective) of the little responses she wrote under vic's hand - of course he never saw the letters to which he was responding

it really bothered me because i figured i had gotten one or two of those and it was not from the teacher

and me 19 years old trying to discover the spiritual treasures in these great works i had received along with syllabus

--

i worked with rhoda in word processing. she was very very proud (and protective) of the little responses she wrote under vic's hand - of course he never saw the letters to which he was responding

it really bothered me because i figured i had gotten one or two of those and it was not from the teacher

In my opinion, this would fit well in the Staged Presentations thread, as well.

--

O.K. I never knew THAT was happening. The guy didn't even read his frigging mail? Jeesh! Why am I surprised? I'm trying to figure out, he was supposed to be so busy. What did he actually do apart from, you know. I mean even that shouldn't take up an entire day. Especially at his age.

O.K. I never knew THAT was happening. The guy didn't even read his frigging mail? Jeesh! Why am I surprised? I'm trying to figure out, he was supposed to be so busy. What did he actually do apart from, you know. I mean even that shouldn't take up an entire day. Especially at his age.

They pass off their mail to others when they don't feel like responding. I've gotten 1-10 word responses on envelopes from vp and lcm that ARE personal. But a lot of written responses would have been Rhoda / Pat Saunders / whatever curmudgeon like R2pp or someone for Fox.

Edited by chockfull