GreaseSpot Cafe
Bolshevik

Plagiarism on the road to success

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

perhaps if you could be more specific on what it was that craig shared about this research from someone

When he mentioned that it was a corrected teaching, all he said was some people may remember that point, and would recognize that this was a correction, but he wasn't going to re-teach the error.  And this was in 1995 when I was listening to this, so I don't even remember what he was teaching.  I'm guessing the tape was from 1992 or 1993; my friend had lent me a box of tapes.

I did get the impression that TWI had already established what they considered to be truth, and someone disagreed with it, and sent in their research.  This was on a STS, so it was in plain view of everyone.  I had no reason to think he was BSing us - he said he agreed with the man's research and so corrected his own teaching.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

When he mentioned that it was a corrected teaching, all he said was some people may remember that point, and would recognize that this was a correction, but he wasn't going to re-teach the error.  And this was in 1995 when I was listening to this, so I don't even remember what he was teaching.  I'm guessing the tape was from 1992 or 1993; my friend had lent me a box of tapes.

I did get the impression that TWI had already established what they considered to be truth, and someone disagreed with it, and sent in their research.  This was on a STS, so it was in plain view of everyone.  I had no reason to think he was BSing us - he said he agreed with the man's research and so corrected his own teaching.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

I heard the same $hit from Wierwille in the mid-1970s. T-bone is right, it was just marketing bull$hit.