GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

28 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That's not what I was "taught."

I was "taught" to spit on on cars with WWJD bumper stickers. I was taught to ridicule people wearing WWJD t-shirts.

I was taught this by someone who was throughly entrenched in and an expert of the collaterals.

Well, that criticism was probably aimed at the less accurate WWJD people who decide what Jesus would do with their feelings and traditional perspectives. 

But for a grad who understands administrations and such, WWJD is a useful renewed mind exercise.

If that thoroughly entrenched expert in the collaterals who told you that was VPW, then he made a mistake.

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

1 John 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous

We could add details all day to what love is.  But bottom line is service; serving others and trusting God to serve us what we need.  That is how Jesus lived.  

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

NOT b y committees, that is for sure!

The ultimate details regarding OUR POWER and how to bless with it are impossible to pull out of the surviving manuscripts by 5-senses methods only.  Matching wits with the obfuscating powers of the adversary is foolish and ignorant.  The only way to get God's interpretation is via a direct intervention by The Author.  This is why VPW prayed the day before the 1942 Promise for something FROM GOD that he "would never have to back up on."  Like Solomon, he got more than he was asking for.  God is generous.  What is the most important thing God can do for you TODAY?

He can not hand out contrived platitudes, for starters.

There's an argument in here.  You've dismissed the importance of working in groups, and put the emphasis on the individual receiving divine revelation.  Does he just keep that information to himself?  Or walk around as God's gift to the human race?  "Look at me, God sent ME a message . . . see how giving I am"

So now others are supposed to expect the same?  "If I just do this right, God will speak to ME too . . "

Is God in the individual, or is God in the group?  Or is God in a specific group with a specific individual?

Well you've start by referring to working in groups as "matching wits with the obfuscating powers"

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

I do not get this last sentence at all. Can you explain who suffocates and how here? 

When it comes to coming up with an interpretation of a verse, I would WANT my attempt to be as conforming as possible, and severely restricted to what God wants that interpretation to be.

If God wants something to have more than one interpretation, I would expect Him to tell us. 

However, multiple APPLICATIONS of a single interpretation may exist at times.

You begin with the assumption of an infallible, perfect Word - The Bible.  This interpretation requires a perfect gift, the holy spirit. - you have what, 900 promises to figure out?  That's a lot of perfection to expect of YOURSELF.   When things fail, which they WILL, what does one do?  Pretend not to condemn oneself and repeat . . . and things fail AGAIN . . . rinse . . . repeat . . . this is nonsense

I think Jesus hung all the commandments on two for a simple reason . . . everything flows from there

Well, let's look at Jesus Christ from scripture and try to gain a more comprehensive viewpoint of how he interacts with his Church. My comments are in blue...hopefully that helps with readibility.

First we will establish that we ARE to have fellowship with God's son Jesus Christ. The way international forbids their followers from interacting with Jesus Christ, yet scripture says:

1 John 1:3

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Second, let's handle the obvious: Jesus Christ is not present on earth in a flesh and blood body as recorded in the gospels. Jesus Christ was ascended to the right hand of God as recorded in the book of Acts. Please note in the Book of Acts and in the Church epistles as well as the Gospels when the word Lord is used it usually refers to Jesus Christ with some exceptions where the old Testament is quoted, etc.

John 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. ( Notice Jesus says I will send him unto you)

Acts 1:8,9

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

--> Now this is where wierwille's doctrine stops. Jesus Christ is ascended and is seated at the right hand of God and doesnt do much except have his name attached to the end of a prayer and we benefit from his accomplsished works. Half truths at best. Now let's see how Jesus Christ himself interacted with his Church in the book of Acts, Epistles, etc. I wont comment much because scripture is quite obvious, as is the nature of most scripture. First off, though, a quick trip to the gospels to establish something important.

John 3:35

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand

--> God has literally given all things into Christs hands...when will Jesus Christ give it all back?

1 Corinthians 15:24-28

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

--> So God has given all things into Christs hands and Jesus Christ will subdue all things under his feet and give it all back to God that God may be all in all!

--> Jesus said in John 16:7 that he (Jesus) would send the comforter. In the book of Acts that prophecy is fullfilled:

Acts 2:33 

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

--> Literally Jesus received of the Father the gift of holy spirit and poured it out on the day of Pentecost as recorded in Acts 2.

Acts 2:47

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.”

--> Jesus Christ adds to the Church, Jesus Christ is in charge of people being born again and it is the Lord that adds to his body.

Acts 9:10

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. 11And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, 

--> Jesus Christ appears to Ananias in a vision. He also appeared to Saul.

Galatians 1:12

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

--> Jesus Christ taught Paul by Revelation the content of the epistles he authored. This pattern holds true all throughout the new Testamend.

I am being brief on purpose. This is literally the tip of the iceberg. Once I chucked the absent Christ heresay and actually started reading what the Bible actually says it was very revealing. Christ is very active in interactin with his Church. He has never been absent. He has been changed into a life giving spirit and is no longer flesh and blood: Something wierwille never could come to grips with.

Edited by OldSkool

If sin is to "miss the mark" . . . like with a bow and arrow, missing the target

Having and Absent Christ with this Word and a bazillion conditions and promises to keep track of makes it hard to focus on anything . . . because it's too much noise . . . ultimately you aim at nothing and hit nothing.

Jesus giving just one or two commandments gives a simple target to focus on . . . you're more likely to hit it

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

The only way to get God's interpretation is via a direct intervention by The Author.  This is why VPW prayed the day before the 1942 Promise for something FROM GOD that he "would never have to back up on."

So, why even bother with the keys to research or any of the other class materials if the only way to truly understand scripture is via revelation?

Let's just state the obvious here. The snowstorm/1942 promise is a fabrication. All the physical evidence clearly disputes the possibility of it being true. There is no evidence to support the claim. The only other option I can see (there may be others.) is that VPW experienced phenomenon. This, in itself, is problematic as Wierwille stated, in the Advanced Class, that a.) You can't ask God for signs. b.) God will only give phenomenon to unbelievers or believers that are so far out of fellowship they can't receive revelation. I would think that someone who has supposedly spent the last 50 years mastering Wierwille's material would have stumbled on this discrepancy by now.

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

We could add details all day to what love is.  But bottom line is service; serving others and trusting God to serve us what we need.  That is how Jesus lived.  

Thats not what it says in scripture. AmI missing the book of Mike? Service can be an expression of love but service can also be performed out of strife and vainglory..the look at me and how great I am attitude expressed by wierwille and his minions. God defines love as obedience to his commandments.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

You begin with the assumption of an infallible, perfect Word - The Bible.  This interpretation requires a perfect gift, the holy spirit. - you have what, 900 promises to figure out?  That's a lot of perfection to expect of YOURSELF.   

-Better put: 

That's a lot of potential to work with.

Every time we fail, we got something wonderful and bigger than us to turn to, if we believe 1 John 1:9

*/*/*/*

But failure in an organization is saturated with lesser condemnations of many varieties.  It comes from people, though, not God.

When God and His 1 John 1:9 is dim and the organizational condemnations are drowning Him out, then it's time to get away from the organization. That way we can get back to a steady curriculum of try, try, again, no matter what.  VARY the parameters, sure, to try a slightly better (hopefully) way next time, but definitely try.

My whole theory on the biology of free will (minFW) is that the freedom comes in the next try, not in the failure or success.

One of the reasons I left HQ staff in 1976 was because moving the Word there was pretty stunted. I wasn't as free to witness and get under shepherding help from the branch. The twigs there were not growing and exciting, like they were in NY.

When I saw in 1988 that 2 years had gone by and HQ never did anything to explain to us non-Corps people what was going on, and what HAD BEEN going on since 1986.   That was when I separated from TWI-2. 

Every time we fail, we can thank God for Romans 7b and being able to see we are not alone in this wonderfully impossible struggle.  Then we plow into Romans 8 and following.

When things fail, which they WILL, what does one do?  Pretend not to condemn oneself and repeat . . . and things fail AGAIN . . . rinse . . . repeat . . . this is nonsense

It can be nonsense at times, yes.

But I'm learned that eventually the word "faithful" in 1 John gets through to me if I thank God for it enough.  THAT is when it stops being nonsense, and some progress can be made.

Again, I mean progress with God.  I can't see being able to do this myself in TWI-2 past 1988. 

After 1986 TWI was such a crazy zombie ministry all of a sudden, with all kinds of mysteries and rumors, and nothing from the top but mish-mash. 

Learning Romans 7b and 8 in that atmosphere would be nonsense.

I think Jesus hung all the commandments on two for a simple reason . . . everything flows from there

Yup!

Gnosticism reinvented once again…nothing new under the Sun…wierwille prayed to himself and received the answer  from within the snowstorm of self-centeredness…A malignant narcissistic evil - a Kirby Vacuum that sucked the Bejesus out of others and yet the vacuum bag was never full…The greatest secret in the world of The Way International is replacing Christ with the words of plagiarizing-thieving-delusional-pathological liar-morally depraved-egomaniac-abusive-wierwille.

Meanwhile there are offshoots and cyber-trolls offering similar services to replace Christ and divulge the ever-changing hidden meaning of the Bible.

Will the Hula Hoop be unbroken? Probably not. What goes around comes around. Will COVID ever go away? Shingles doesn’t care….Aren’t you glad you used Dial? Don’t you wish every body did?

That logical train of thought on threads. You’ve tried wailing on them. You’ve tried sailing on them (holy determinism be praised!). And even after the second wave of returning to the crapper with another bowel movement has already started, you’ve failed on them. Try gnew and reprised Dope-On-A-Rope. If that doesn’t derail the thread, then nothing will/would/has/have or had / won’t - unless Jupiter is aligned with needs and wants.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

And from other snooze: zzzzZZZZ :sleep1:ZZZzzzz

Answer to last week’s secret disorder ring: drink more PFAL-Kool-Aid

Last week’s Pendant answer: yes/no

“Without distinction” will be removed from ALL PFAL collaterals without exception!

Christ in you is out - wierwille incognito is in! 

If you think $100 is a lot to pay for PFAL - Scientology charges $650 and up for required courses. 

This kind of renewed mind spirit only comes out by much prayer and Ritalin.

There’s more than one way to fleece sheep.

There once was a standup comic

Who thought PFAL was colonic

But what went in stayed in

and much to his chagrin

PFAL was just a feel-good tonic

4 crucified was made up by a double-crosser

The rest of this nonsense is being held in abeyance at Gate M&A unclaimed luggage

Edited by T-Bone
editors be praised !

2 hours ago, waysider said:

So, why even bother with the keys to research or any of the other class materials if the only way to truly understand scripture is via revelation?

Let's just state the obvious here. The snowstorm/1942 promise is a fabrication. All the physical evidence clearly disputes the possibility of it being true. There is no evidence to support the claim. The only other option I can see (there may be others.) is that VPW experienced phenomenon. This, in itself, is problematic as Wierwille stated, in the Advanced Class, that a.) You can't ask God for signs. b.) God will only give phenomenon to unbelievers or believers that are so far out of fellowship they can't receive revelation. I would think that someone who has supposedly spent the last 50 years mastering Wierwille's material would have stumbled on this discrepancy by now.

*crickets chirping*

Jiminy Cricket symbolizes the conscience in the Pinocchio story.  Jiminy and Pinocchio don't converse well and Pinocchio ends up lying and getting into all sorts of trouble.  

When you learn to stop lying to yourself things tend to go better for you.

Jiminy Cricket also has the same initials as Jesus Christ.

Still a better story than snow on the gas pumps.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Jiminy Cricket symbolizes the conscience in the Pinocchio story.  Jiminy and Pinocchio don't converse well and Pinocchio ends up lying and getting into all sorts of trouble.  

When you learn to stop lying to yourself things tend to go better for you.

Jiminy Cricket also has the same initials as Jesus Christ.

Still a better story than snow on the gas pumps.

Which brings us to the  Anti-Jiminy-Cricket 3000 System featured in the 2007 Indulgences R Us Catalog:

Page 1. Our Mission: To provide quality qualm abatement to the general public at a fair price…Our customers not only receive a certificate [hereafter referred to as "permit" or "document"] verifying they have participated in our qualm abatement program – but have all the resources of Indulgences R Us at their disposal...People can always spot one of our satisfied customers by the shameless look on their face. They'll know where you've been by the way you sin and grin. We've been taking care of consciences for over half a century.

Pages 2 through 487Legalities & such. Standard agreement/contract details, payment schedules, industrial and philosophical jargon, legal shenanigans, release of liability forms, and assorted plagiarized material.

Page 488Main List of Permits:

Presumptuous Sin – for the serious planner. Good for a one time occurrence. Call for current pricing.

Life-Dominating Sin – for the professional. A better value than the Presumptuous Sin Permit - for the repeat offender. Call for current pricing.

Two-for-One Sin sale on Adultery: A single permit is issued to a specific couple. If one of the partners is replaced the couple must apply for a new Two-for-One Sin Permit. Call for current pricing.

Collusion Sin – group packages available. Big seller with terrorists, mobsters, and cults. Call for current pricing.

Man-o-god Sindrome: Our most comprehensive permit for the man who wants everything! Permit is transferable. Call for current pricing.

Smoke and Mirrors Sin: permit provides support to crisis-managers, newly appointed executives, fall guys, and heirs to the throne when dealing with past issues of associates or predecessors. Manipulation of truths behind the facts is accomplished at the sub-atomic level and can be costly but we're intent on staying competitively priced. Call for current pricing.

Page 2820Have it your way. Fill out the personality and preferences questionnaire so our technicians can set the parameters on the Anti-Jiminy-Cricket 3000 System to match your character.

Page 2825Preferred Mitigation Techniques. Choose any of the following conscience-adjustment programs. You may also write in your own or leave the whole thing totally up to us:

Drambui

Positive Affirmations

Cloak of Invisibility

Holographic simulation of snow on gas pumps with voice of God sound track

Seared with a Hot Iron – the technique preferred by most sadomasochists.

Page 2827Frequently asked questions:

Question: Why do I need to get a permit from Indulgences R Us? I could do all this myself.

Answer: True. But along with the permit comes our time-saving techniques and experienced technical support staff. You will save money, time, energy, embarrassment and shame spent needlessly on the superfluous services of psychiatrists, ministers, priests, rabbis, gurus, counselors, mentors, confidants, friends & family, medications or alcohol. We are an all-in-one provider, eliminating the need for outsourcing – a One-stop Sin-shop.

Question: How can I be sure your system will work a year from now – this world is constantly changing?

Answer: We take great pride in our state-of-the-art technology, research staff and inventors of evil. We are the world leader in unscrupulous thought patterns – setting the standard for unconscionable acts.

Question: Will a permit from Indulgences R Us help me in a court of law?

Answer: The actual document will not. But frequent treatments from our Anti-Jiminy-Cricket 3000 System will enhance your ability to portray innocence on the witness stand. More than one satisfied customer has said, "I passed the Lie-Detector test with flying colors!"

Question: Is the cost of the permit tax-deductible?

Answer: Technically…no. But with our Anti-Jiminy-Cricket 3000 System you'll have no qualms doing so.

Question: Why do you ask customers to note a preferred mitigation technique?

Answer: At Indulgences R Us we would rather facilitate than motivate. Some customers have said our services/products so fire the imagination that the feeling is similar to being a little kid in a candy store. However, we respect each individual's personality, proclivities, belief system, values and delusions – and will tailor a program that is compatible with every category.

Question: Will the permit be destroyed if I take it to hell?

Answer: Every permit document undergoes an eternal state treatment – a proprietary process [plagiarism-pending] that renders the document impervious to repetitive gnashing of teeth, continuous weeping, and worm-borers and able to withstand temperatures up to 27,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit [15,000,255.4 Kelvin]. Bottom line is we do everything possible to make sure both you and your permit are ready for hell.

Question: I don't believe in hell – but am concerned about karma – can Indulgences R Us help me?

Answer: Yes. With our recent purchase of the rights to the Upaninad Minus Formula, a diligent research team translating ancient Purana Texts, and surgical disabling of the Sensory Input Memory Port you'll will no longer experience that vicious cycle. Surgery side effects are minimal – such as forgetting that a hot stove will burn your hand – but eventual scar tissue and callus build up significantly reduce the pain of such an event.

* Proprietary Information of Thelonious Hyphen Bone Enterprises

Edited by T-Bone
Editing B Us
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Says the master to the slave: Love me or else.

This is not love. 

I think the closest one can find in scripture where love and service could be confused is in the following verses where Jesus challenged Peter to feed the flock. Im sure there are other verses, but even in these verses loving Jesus was still expressed in keeping his commandments. The commandment in this case is repeated three times but its basically the same: Feed my sheep. So service can be an expression of love but service can also happen out of multiple motivating factors besides love. As you pointed out a slave serves at the threat of harsh consequences. So service in and of itself is nothing without love

1 Corinthians 13:3

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Give my body to be burned reminds me of Romans 12:1 where we present our bodies a living sacrifice to Christ which is our reasonable service. You can serve without love so service in and of itself is not necessarily an expression of love.

John 21:15-17

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Edited by OldSkool

4 hours ago, waysider said:

Do you REALLY think I am advocating that the only way to truly understand scripture is via revelation?

What a whopping mis-characterization! Was it sloppiness on your part, or was it deliberate?

What I post is from the AC's 16 Keys for Walking in the Spirit.

Key #4 is "Study the Word much. What you can know by the five senses God expects you to know."

This principle of starting first with the senses, to the best of our ability, is ALSO explained in great detail in the thread posted here by WordWolf last September, “Tape called ‘Light Began to Dawn.’ A Partial transcript. Selling Plurality. SNT 214” and you can find it here:  
https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25315-tape-called-light-began-to-dawn-a-partial-transcript-selling-plurality-snt-214/

Obviously, revelation is totally necessary for the Word to be first given. It may involve revelation for preserving and transmitting it. It may involve revelation when it is hidden or destroyed (Jer.36). But when we begin learning the Bible we must use our senses and logic to read it and study it.

We were taught all of this before. This is not new with me at all.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Thats not what it says in scripture. AmI missing the book of Mike? Service can be an expression of love but service can also be performed out of strife and vainglory..the look at me and how great I am attitude...

What you are describing there is SELF service.

That is not genuine service.  I mean spiritual serving, where the focus is on the current and future needs of the OTHER person.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

But when we begin learning the Bible we must use our senses and logic to read it and study it.

I thought that was the fool's errand when attempting to outsmart the devil. Rely not on your own understanding.

All of those "keys" have been throughly refuted and disproven via common sense and logic - the least that God expects.

56 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I think the closest one can find in scripture where love and service could be confused is in the following verses where Jesus challenged Peter to feed the flock. Im sure there are other verses, but even in these verses loving Jesus was still expressed in keeping his commandments. The commandment in this case is repeated three times but its basically the same: Feed my sheep. So service can be an expression of love but service can also happen out of multiple motivating factors besides love. As you pointed out a slave serves at the threat of harsh consequences. So service in and of itself is nothing without love

1 Corinthians 13:3

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Give my body to be burned reminds me of Romans 12:1 where we present our bodies a living sacrifice to Christ which is our reasonable service. You can serve without love so service in and of itself is not necessarily an expression of love.

John 21:15-17

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

I stand corrected on this.

I think I had the right idea, but wrong handling of the words "service" and "love."  

Two posts above, I was thinking of service as a pure entity, like love. 

Thank you, OldSkool.

Edited by Mike

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I thought that was the fool's errand when attempting to outsmart the devil. Rely not on your own understanding.

All of those "keys" have been throughly refuted and disproven via common sense and logic - the least that God expects.

No. You are confusing what I just posted about a new student starting to read the Bible, and a Biblical researcher trying to re-construct the originals from tattered remnants.

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

I stand corrected on this.

I think I had the right idea, but wrong handling of the words "service" and "love."  

Two posts above, I was thinking of service as a pure entity, like love. 

Thank you, OldSkool.

YW, sir!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Do you REALLY think I am advocating that the only way to truly understand scripture is via revelation?

Here's what you said:

"The only way to get God's interpretation is via a direct intervention by The Author."  

Did you say it or didn't you?

"

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

for truly I say to you, “if you have faith the size of a snowflake, you will say to this goal post, ‘Move from here to there,’ and the goal post will move; and no glove will be impossible for you to fit your hand.”

It's a subset of gaslighting known as gas pumping.

• Like 2