GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

This article from Redeemer Bible church has a write up on symbolic Gen 3:15 serpent seed

http://redeemerbible.org/insights/2020/2/18/seed-of-the-serpent-and-the-seed-of-the-woman

It pulls a few other examples from symbolic references that are plausible.  

an interesting footnote he calls Paul as first seed of the serpent then when born again and scales fell from his eyes seed of the woman.  So not permanent to that Christians view

Edited by chockfull

25 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Really? How does that work when what God was planning was a mystery that God kept to himself until Jesus Christ revealed it.

1 Corinthians 2:7,8

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Session 5, PFAL, I think... Well, it was 50 years ago, ya know?

(Not all old grads "missed" this the first time around...snark)

1 minute ago, waysider said:

Session 5, PFAL, I think... Well, it was 50 years ago, ya know?

(Not all old grads "missed" this the first time around...snark)

From what I remember from my time it was an extra session offered in the class available if you want.  But was discouraged.  So nobody actually listened to it.  Maybe later in Corps apprentice preparation for Adv class.

I wonder if they just ignore the topic in PLAF-T4.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

My answer to Oakspear is that with lots of close fellowshipping with the adversary, a human's mind-goals and buttons and triggers become well known to the adversary. With such detailed info the adversary can possess the man's mind and muscles to do exactly what is desired, and whenever it is wanted.  It is a breakdown of all the biological protections against possession that God built into our DNA. 

Do you make this stuff up as you go?

As Chock noted...how does one close fellowship with the adversary? How do you know what the adversary knows...so just how does the adversary posess a mans mind and muscles with this detailed information? What biological protections did God build into our DNA against posession? So it sounds like youve hacked our genetic code to undestand how this works? 

oh wait.....now that ive asked for specifics...dont say it was all figurative...just admit you dont know.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, chockfull said:

This article from Redeemer Bible church has a write up on symbolic Gen 3:15 serpent seed

http://redeemerbible.org/insights/2020/2/18/seed-of-the-serpent-and-the-seed-of-the-woman

It pulls a few other examples from symbolic references that are plausible.  

an interesting footnote he calls Paul as first seed of the serpent then when born again and scales fell from his eyes seed of the woman.  So not permanent to that Christians view

Thats an interesting article. Definately enjoyed the read. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

The TWI definition of it doesn't make sense to me anymore.   What does make sense to me is that the unforgivable sin is self-inflicted, i.e., you come to a point that you never seek repentence, never ask God for forgiveness for your sins, so hardhearted that it's a self-imposed destiny.

I can relate to this it reminds me of a joke.  What is the hardest known substance to mankind?  A man’s head.

Edited by chockfull

3 hours ago, Mike said:

For years Oakspear had a question here: 
How come the devil was able to come up with seed for humans before God did?

Has anyone worked that question?
Is Oakspear still hanging out once in a while here?

Actually, that was a known issue even when I was in the corps. LCM endeavored to address it by teaching Satan installs a permanent wedge [his term] in the person’s mind and/or brain that allows the devil access anytime he wants. A nebulous description that allows a lot of leeway for pseudoscience. :confused:   :evildenk:   :mooner:

Not to be confused with a wedgie =   an uncomfortable tightening of the underpants between the buttocks, typically produced when someone pulls the underpants up from the back as a prank. A permanent wedgie of the underpants of one’s mind and/or brain might actually offer some protection from the adversary – provided it’s installed properly – Advanced Class keys # 1 and 2 – yellow stains go in the front; brown stains go in the back.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I think you are on the right track here to answering Oakspear's question.

It looks to me that the serpent's seed is counterfeit, and only resembles what God was planning. 

My answer to Oakspear is that with lots of close fellowshipping with the adversary, a human's mind-goals and buttons and triggers become well known to the adversary. With such detailed info the adversary can possess the man's mind and muscles to do exactly what is desired, and whenever it is wanted.  It is a breakdown of all the biological protections against possession that God built into our DNA. 

How did Satan know what God was planning?

How does a human have lots of close fellowship with the adversary?

How does knowing detailed info of one’s goals, buttons and triggers allow the adversary to possess mind and body to do whatever whenever? Sounds like you’re describing identity theft. Has that ever happened to you? Devil possession, seed of the serpent implanting or identity theft? If so, could you explain the experiences in more detail.

How did you come up with the theory of “breakdown of all the biological protections against possession that God built into our DNA”? Is there scientific data for that? Do you know what the specific DNA marker characters are? My wife and I have had 23andMe genetic testing done and the report was quite extensive on our ancestry and genetic predispositions on health-related stuff. It didn’t mention anything about biological protections against demonic possession…but they did include a few pictures of their process to determine our ancestry:

Blindly-Throwing-Darts.jpg

28 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

It didn’t mention anything about biological protections against demonic possession

Ahh!  That's the absolute beauty of The Great Principle.

"Spirit can only talk to spirit."

Sooo...

"God, who is spirit, talks to your spirit, which talks to your mind, which is not spirit, which...."...Hey, just a cotton-pickin' minute!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Actually, that was a known issue even when I was in the corps. LCM endeavored to address it by teaching Satan installs a permanent wedge [his term] in the person’s mind and/or brain that allows the devil access anytime he wants. A nebulous description that allows a lot of leeway for pseudoscience. ...

How did Satan know what God was planning?

How does a human have lots of close fellowship with the adversary?

How does knowing detailed info of one’s goals, buttons and triggers allow the adversary to possess mind and body to do whatever whenever? ...

How did you come up with the theory of “breakdown of all the biological protections against possession that God built into our DNA”?

Interesting idea: inserted wedge.  Similar to another analogy I heard before of an inserted tube. 

I think it was God who knew what the devil was planning, and Gen. 3:15 he lets a little of his plan out of the bag, not to say any of the mystery was there.  It is obvious to me the devil would want and look for a way to have easy access to humans that he could use for his plans.  God knew in Genesis that this "wedge" or "tube" would be a counterfeit of God's seed in us, and He called it that, that the seed of the woman would crush the seed of the serpent.

I am surprised that you and someone else asked how does a human have lots of close fellowship with the adversary.  Think about it a little. Same thing for your next question on goals and buttons.  You are asking me what should be obvious to you.

As for biological protections, I can't remember where I picked that up, but it seems pretty obvious to me that God would want to protect innocent people from EASILY getting possessed.  If you have ever watched a person descend this way, it is a long process. You just don't get possessed that easily. Lots of us once thought that way, but I finally realized that OPPRESSION is what the adversary inflicts on us OFTEN. But it takes a while for possession to happen.  Hardly anyone ever thinks about oppression, especially after The Exorcist movie came out.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

Ahh!  That's the absolute beauty of The Great Principle.

"Spirit can only talk to spirit."

I think the best understanding of that principle is "Spirit can only REALLY TALK to spirit."

It is similar to how we can only REALLY say Jesus is lord but by holy spirit.

For spirit to attempt to talk to flesh, the process is crude, brief, cumbersome, and extremely inefficient.

I liken it to how well we can communicate with our pet dogs and cats.  A little crude, brief, cumbersome, and extremely inefficient communication can happen there, but no where near how we REALLY COMMUNICATE with another knowledgeable human being.

Edited by Mike

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Interesting idea: inserted wedge.  Similar to another analogy I heard before of an inserted tube. 

I think it was God who knew what the devil was planning, and Gen. 3:15 he lets a little of his plan out of the bag, not to say any of the mystery was there.  It is obvious to me the devil would want and look for a way to have easy access to humans that he could use for his plans.  God knew in Genesis that this "wedge" or "tube" would be a counterfeit of God's seed in us, and He called it that, that the seed of the woman would crush the seed of the serpent.

I am surprised that you and someone else asked how does a human have lots of close fellowship with the adversary.  Think about it a little. Same thing for your next question on goals and buttons.  You are asking me what should be obvious to you.

As for biological protections, I can't remember where I picked that up, but it seems pretty obvious to me that God would want to protect innocent people from EASILY getting possessed.  If you have ever watched a person descend this way, it is a long process. You just don't get possessed that easily. Lots of us once thought that way, but I finally realized that OPPRESSION is what the adversary inflicts on us OFTEN. But it takes a while for possession to happen.  Hardly anyone ever thinks about oppression, especially after The Exorcist movie came out.

I don’t find wedges all that interesting.  A person who is flesh and blood can’t fellowship with spirit according to your GP.

They are just body and soul.  They don’t have the special iron man suit to fellowship with spirit.

So this is really cool another concept of a wedge or a tube.  This I think I remembered kind of referenced in DTA.  There was also a chart - The Great Prince’s Pull.

Yes that was it.  Research by batdad I guess there.

Is this wedge thing a Biblical concept like we can read it in a scripture somewhere?  Or a tube?  

Just now, Mike said:

Sorry, but that is not my goal at all. 

I said pretty much all I know on this topic.

Which is a bunch of baseless speculation based on junk science and wierwilles doctrinal and practical error all contained in pflap.

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think the best understanding of that principle is "Spirit can only REALLY TALK to spirit."

For spirit to attempt to talk to flesh, the process is crude, brief, cumbersome, and extremely inefficient.

I liken it to how well we can communicate with our pet dogs and cats.  A little crude, brief, cumbersome, and extremely inefficient communication can happen there, but no where near how we REALLY COMMUNICATE with another knowledgeable human being.

Oh I see. Is there also an accompanying scripture for the idea of the communication being crude, brief, cumbersome, and extremely inefficient?

Or more Lego set construction into the abyss off of your PFAL starter set?

oh and BTW the REALLY word in capitals you have was from PLAF where VP shoe horned SIT into a bunch of places.

It is private interpretation and not in the text.

Edited by chockfull

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your concept shows God to be extremely shortsighted and confused – who’s on first – who came up with the idea first

I’m surprised you still try the same old dodge and deflect ploy when asked specific questions – agter you’ve been called out on it innumerable times.

It’s obvious to me you’ve fabricated another pseudoscientific “theory” to show God is inept and can’t really do anything to protect people from getting easily possessed since there’s ample evidence in the gospels that shoots holes in your “theory”.

Now you’re using Hollywood movies to support your “theories”…did you get that idea from Johniam referencing the Omen films to sustain his position on the antichrist? Are you guys a team? Just you and Johniam – not you, Johniam and the antichrist.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

totally bull$hit on your part

You've interpolated "really" into a passage

shame on you :nono5:

I think you are the one who has a problem understanding plain English and also a problem in communicating in plain English :nono5: 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Interesting idea: inserted wedge. 

You can insert these all you like...I hear the mouth is the preferred insertion point...they really do look good though...mmmm wedges...try not to get born again if the wrong seed...not sure where to get a tube atm...though this thread gone down the tubes..lmao

Seasoned-Baked-Potato-Wedges_7.jpg?resiz

2 hours ago, Mike said:

think the best understanding of that principle is "Spirit can only REALLY TALK to spirit."

Ok, then. Show me that connection from scripture...betcha ya cant do it....because there is nothing in scripture anywhere ever that says spirit can only talk to spirit.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So at least you start off stating that its all your opinion by the qualifier "I think"....but seriously...do you know how ridicoulous it sounds to say as a finite being with extremely limited understanding (scripture says we see through a glass darkly) that you know what the devil would want and look for...have you been his counsellor? maybe it's you who is fellowshiping with him to know what he wants and looks for...then it gets worse as you speculate on what God knew....are you God's counsellor? Did God tell you what he was thinking when he gave the first recorded prophecy of the coming redeemer? 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So....you answer a question by telling us we are stupid for not knowing the answer to the question that was asked...sorry bub...burden of proof is on you. Your bullshonta isnt obvious at all, thankfully.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So here you are telling God how to do his job again..because it seems pretty obvious to you then God should do what seems obvious to you. This little tactic sounds almost like confronting somebody for not coming to fellowship with the line "well, why wouldnt you want to come to fellowship?" --- while there could be a host of reasons, you discredit everything else from the start because it's not obvious to you. Its really just a bullying tactic you learned in the way international and it doesnt work here. This isnt twi fantasy land.

Do you have any idea how arrogant you come across? Who are you to tell God what to do? Ill leave you with a scriptural quote...it should be obvious to you which book its from...if you dont know just "think about it a little"...

Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him?

But please educate me on just how posession happens....how do you know how easily someone can get posessed? When did you watch over a person descend that way? Was it in the way international? were they abused, sullen, then m/a for being posessed? Do tell...these are rather remedial questions Im aiming at you mike. They just ask for clarification on points you listed...and answer should be easy for someone as advanced as you...

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Ok, then. Show me that connection from scripture...betcha ya cant do it....because there is nothing in scripture anywhere ever that says spirit can only talk to spirit.

Numbers 11

24 And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the Lord, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.

25 And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.

27 And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.

28 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.

29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!

7 hours ago, waysider said:

This is what I remember,  as well. 

edit: Spoken as guy who sometimes remembers stuff.

Yep. I remember this, too - and I have CRS.

One of hundreds of asserted natural man opinions victor put forth ABOUT scripture that had no basis IN scripture.

victor couldn’t exegete his way through a wet 3x5 card to get to a Quaaluded teenage girl on the other side.

He just never learned how (H-O-W) to accurately and honestly handle the text.

If only he could have believed big enough… Bless his little, black heart.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Numbers 11

24 And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the Lord, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.

25 And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.

27 And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.

28 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.

29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!

Really....u retort with a section of scripture that illustrates spirit upon people in the old testament? We're not talking about supernatural abilities given to people via the spirit but the bs limitations u want placed on God almighty and his ability to communicate with his creation. All you did was show ONE way God works...nothing more. Are you able to actually read scripture without reading bullshonta into scripture?