GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

The active posters are outraged at my defiance of their anti-idol.

40 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Who's that, Jesus Christ?

No.  It is who the idolators love to hate. 

Usually, idols are loved more than God.

With an anti-idol the love is in pumping up the hate.

It could also be called a hate idol.

It could be likened to a voodoo doll.

Edited by Mike

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

After thinking a lot about Numbers 11 lately, I decided to read it in the NIV just for fun. WoW!   I had no idea that Numbers 12 came after Numbers 11 !   LoL  

The content of Numbers 12 has some more points that illustrate the principle that God can't REALLY talk to us with out us having spirit.  Here we see the difference between Moses and the others. He was more meek and had more time than them to learn how to REALLY hear from God.   We can see the others who had spirit, but not the meekness and the training Moses had with that spirit.  They still had the communications block because it takes a willing and trained mind, as well as spirit, to get around the communications block.

*/*/*/*

Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cudange wife, for he had married a Cudange.

“Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked. “Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this.

(Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

At once the Lord said to Moses, Aaron and Miriam, “Come out to the tent of meeting, all three of you.” So the three of them went out. Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, he said, “Listen to my words:

“When there is a prophet among you,
    I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions,
    I speak to them in dreams.
But this is not true of my servant Moses;

he is faithful in all my house.
With him I speak face to face,
    clearly and not in riddles;
    he sees the form of the Lord.

Why then were you not afraid
    to speak against my servant Moses?”
The anger of the
Lord burned against them, and he left them

This is still no proof that spirit can only talk to spirit.

Didn't the other prophets have God's spirit on them? And yet He said He revealed himself in visions and dreams. Why didn't He talk with them face to face like he did Moses?

Reading comprehension always helps.

Edited by So_crates

BTW,  this is NOT derailing of me to talk about Numbers 11 and 12, and the big communications block, where God can’t REALLY talk to people who don’t have spirit.

Part of those biological protections against spirit possession I see are bound up in the flaming sword that blocked Adam and Eve from the tree of life.

When Adam sinned he transferred his trust and ruler-ship to the serpent.  Had they eaten of the tree of life after sinning that would have kept them in the devil’s kingdom forever.  This sounds a lot like the same thing as getting born again of the wrong seed.

Genesis 3:

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Edited by Mike

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

BTW,  this is NOT derailing of me to talk about Numbers 11 and 12, and the big communications block, where God can’t REALLY talk to people who don’t have spirit.

So, as it's been pointed out before, your argument is that God needs us to have spirit so he can talk to our spirit, then somehow our spirit talks to our natural mind. So our spririt, as it can talk to natural things, must be greater than God, right?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, So_crates said:

This is still no proof that spirit can only talk to spirit.

Didn't the other prophets have God's spirit on them? And yet He said He revealed himself in visions and dreams. Why didn't He talk with them face to face like he did Moses?

Reading comprehension always helps.

This Great Principle comes from many places, and this is just one.  The proof comes by building the scope of all these kinds of passages.

Elisha asked for twice the spirit that Elijah had. My best understanding of this is that he asked for training of his mind to be able to hear twice as good. (hope I didn't mix up Elisha and Elijah)

I explained some of this in the post you responded to, where I wrote:

"The content of Numbers 12 has some more points that illustrate the principle that God can't REALLY talk to us with out us having spirit.  Here we see the difference between Moses and the others. He was more meek and had more time than them to learn how to REALLY hear from God.   We can see the others who had spirit, but not the meekness and the training Moses had with that spirit.  They still had the communications block because it takes a willing and trained mind, as well as spirit, to get around the communications block."

Edited by Mike

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

No.  It is who the idolators love to hate. 

Usually, idols are loved more than God.

With an anti-idol the love is in pumping up the hate.

It could also be called a hate idol.

It could be likened to a voodoo doll.

Your funny when you are trying to provoke a response...go ahead and let those fangs all the way out.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

This Great Principle comes from many places, and this is just one.  The proof comes by building the scope of all these kinds of passages.

Elisha asked for twice the spirit that Elijah had. My best understanding of this is that he asked for training of his mind to be able to hear twice as good. (hope I didn't mix up Elisha and Elijah)

"The content of Numbers 12 has some more points that illustrate the principle that God can't REALLY talk to us with out us having spirit.  Here we see the difference between Moses and the others. He was more meek and had more time than them to learn how to REALLY hear from God.   We can see the others who had spirit, but not the meekness and the training Moses had with that spirit.  They still had the communications block because it takes a willing and trained mind, as well as spirit, to get around the communications block."

None of this bullshonta has not one thing to do with the topic.

13 minutes ago, So_crates said:

So, as it's been pointed out before, your argument is that God needs us to have spirit so he can talk to our spirit, then somehow our spirit talks to our natural mind. So our spririt, as it can talk to natural things, must be greater than God, right?

No.  I don't draw that conclusion. 

We don't have much info on spirit and how it works. Even if we did have the info, do we have the minds that can understand it?  Not usually. 

All we know is that people needed spirit, and Jesus knew it, so he made spirit more easily and more permanently available.

God limits Himself in various ways. We don't have the details of why and how... yet. But we do have the MANY scriptures that show spirit was very necessary, and to be sought eagerly.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

In other words, building up what you think it says.

Yah, meekness an training the mind. Two things Saint Vic excelled at.

So, once again, if God can't talk to us without spirit, yet our spirit can talk to our natural mind, then our spirit is greater than God, right?

8 minutes ago, So_crates said:

So our spririt, as it can talk to natural things, must be greater than God, right?

Excellent point!

stay tuned folks, we should hear from Utterly Befuddling shortly as only he can really really absolutely completely virtually thoroughly and throughly obfuscate so to speak / squeak if you know what I mean on the seed of the serpent scene

m r snakes

m r knot

m r 2 …c m b d ii

l I’ll b m r snakes 

• Like 1

"And it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Noah and said, "Build me an ark to the designated specifications."

"But, alas, Noah, unable to hear Him clearly,  instead, built a birchbark canoe and a couple of birdhouses with the leftover materials."

(He sold them on eBay and they all lived happily ever after.)

edit: I hope I didn't sound too outraged.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, So_crates said:

So, once again, if God can't talk to us without spirit, yet our spirit can talk to our natural mind, then our spirit is greater than God, right?

So, once again, God limits Himself for a purpose. The purpose is to protect people from the adversary and evil spirits.

Maybe there is a password built into the gift of pneuma hagion that ONLY God knows. That would enable him to talk to us, but not let the devil use the same access without the password.  This is just a WILD GUESS.  Let's brainstorm this idea to see if we can come up with a better one.  Until, then this password ANALOGY is just a start.

Edited by Mike

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, once again, God limits Himself for a purpose. The purpose is to protect people from the adversary and evil spirits.

Maybe there is a password built into the gift of pneuma hagion that ONLY God knows. That would enable him to talk to us, but not let the devil use the same access without the password.  This is just a WILD GUESS.  Let's brainstorm this idea to see if we can come up with a better one.  Until, then this password ANALOGY is just a start.

Complete and utter speculative trash.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

No.  I don't draw that conclusion. 

You don't have to draw that conclusion, it's implied in the fact our spirit can do something God can't.

We don't have much info on spirit and how it works. Even if we did have the info, do we have the minds that can understand it?  Not usually. 

Cop out time. We will never understand the mysteries of God. That's a cop out.

All we know is that people needed spirit, and Jesus knew it, so he made spirit more easily and more permanently available.

More copping out. If our spirit can do something God can't, then it's greater than God and all the guano crazy excuses won't change that.

God limits Himself in various ways. We don't have the details of why and how... yet. But we do have the MANY scriptures that show spirit was very necessary, and to be sought eagerly.

Again, our spirit can do something God can't bloviate all you want, that doesn't change that, by that belief, our spirit is greater than God.

Just now, OldSkool said:

Complete and utter speculative trash.

Not trash.

Yes speculation.

As I said above it is a wild guess just to get the brainstorming started.

I already see flaws in it.

I have never worked this topic in detail.  I am learning some of this as I go.

Why don't YOU try to brainstorm a better explanation?  How do YOU explain that flaming sword, and the need to get spirit in the OT, and the fulfillment of that need in the NT.

So...God Almighty limits himself to protect people from the adversary. That's like a man limiting himself to protect his kids against a home invasion. Makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

there is a password built into the gift of pneuma hagion that ONLY God knows.

OMG! You are one funny dude!

If I had a nickel for every time you caused me to spray my keyboard with coffee, I'd have...uhhh, a whole bunch of nickels.

(I hope I didn't sound too outraged.)

Edited by waysider
clara-fi-cation
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Why don't YOU try to brainstorm a better explanation?  How do YOU explain that flaming sword, and the need to get spirit in the OT, and the fulfillment of that need in the NT.

No need to speculate...I tossed wierwilles lies aside long ago...I don't have the need to mash everything into wierwilles ways...they don't fit...

5 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Again, our spirit can do something God can't bloviate all you want, that doesn't change that, by that belief, our spirit is greater than God.

A few late edits:

Remember that "our" spirit is something that GOD gave to us.
I think you are forgetting that in your leap to say "our" spirit is bigger than God.

We could say "the spirit interface God gave us" instead of "our spirit" to see that it does NOT have more power than God.  REMEMBER that it is FROM God. 

Edited by Mike

We could say "the spirit interface God gave us" instead of "our spirit" to see that it has more power than God.  REMEMBER that it is FROM God. 

"I know you are, but what am I?"----II PeeWee 1:1

edit: My apologies for the obvious display of outrage.

Edited by waysider