GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

All you can really "know" about his fellowship is what some devilish rumor mill teaches you for years and decades. I don't trust such teaching at all.

Yeah, that and readily available, published books that detail first hand experiences.

Carry on.

For someone like  so-and-so  here who usually talks so authoritatively about what God knows, intends, and what God  can and cannot do – I like the chicken-$hit way he dodges around explaining his or wierwille’s concept of God   :beer:    that's some next level bull-$hit...impressed the hell out of me anyway :evilshades:

Just now, So_crates said:

Just as all you can "know" of him is what a group that has the ulterior motive of relieving you of as much of your cash as they can tells you. I choose not to believe them or you.

I disagree with "all you can 'know' of him" is what I am told by someone else.

I know TWI went off the rails at times.  I know most of the staff was noble and dedicated; saw that first-hand.

The better knowing of the teachings comes from assimilating them and seeing how well they work and fit. That's what I did, to the best of my ability.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Put yourself in my shoes and see if you can answer that first question all by yourself.

Sorry I can't put myself in the place of a person that thinks everyone is attacking him. Nor can I put myself in a place where I would defend a piece of human refuse like Saint Vic.

But then, this is just a way of you preventing from admitting that you don't know how T-Bone is damaging himself and others, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Go through the archives here, they're full of actions witnessed by others.

I have heard personally from some of the witnesses starting in July 1987. Some I have read here.  In my personal set of friends over the years, I know far more who witnessed VPW doing good, and found much good in his teachings.

Evidence is to be weighed. I don't throw out any, but I weigh it in various ways.

Go through the grads on Facebook and ask them what THEY witnessed. Your sample size of witnesses is too small.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

I disagree with "all you can 'know' of him" is what I am told by someone else.

I know TWI went off the rails at times.  I know most of the staff was noble and dedicated; saw that first-hand.

The better knowing of the teachings comes from assimilating them and seeing how well they work and fit. That's what I did, to the best of my ability.

Dude they're charging for a class I took three times in the '70s. If that isn't money hungry please tell me what is. And do you think they'll tell you the truth about Saint Vic? Now tell me the one with the three bears.

Edited by So_crates

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have heard personally from some of the witnesses starting in July 1987. Some I have read here.  In my personal set of friends over the years, I know far more who witnessed VPW doing good, and found much good in his teachings.

Evidence is to be weighed. I don't throw out any, but I weigh it in various ways.

Go through the grads on Facebook and ask them what THEY witnessed. Your sample size of witnesses is too small.

You keep refering to good in the abstract. Get specific.

12 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

For someone like  so-and-so  here who usually talks so authoritatively about what God knows, intends, and what God  can and cannot do – I like the chicken-$hit way he dodges around explaining his or wierwille’s concept of God   :beer:    that's some next level bull-$hit...impressed the hell out of me anyway :evilshades:

Indeed. Lots of asserted claims. Lots of descriptive limits. Lots of assumptions and lots of conclusions.

Not one omni- modifier. Not one. Still, the question is open.

Just a simple "I beleeeve God is...."

13 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Dudem they're charging for a class I took three times in the '70s. If that isn't money hungry please tell me what is. And do you think they'll tell you the truth about Saint Vic? Now tell me the one with the three bears.

Actually, I totally agree with you on this, and I have said so lovingly to local leadership. They understood and could see my point.  They said they would pass my objection on to their friends at HQ, which includes Vern Edwards.  I am currently lightly corresponding with him, and will mention this someday.  I am calling this the Green Card Guarantee, and will make sure it is heard. Hopefully, some WayGB are reading this now. (Howdy folks!)

I think it is not so much the money, but more a mild case of insularity induced stupidity.  I will be standing up to this problem.  There are other such issues that I have been collecting in a folder.

*/*/*/*

On your second point, I will be pressing them for a full airing on the history of the John Scheonheit paper on adultery.  I have to go slower with them on this.  With some of them I have already started that dialog. 

There are a couple of them who know that if they don't write up a better than a white-washed history of TWI and VPW, then GreaseSpot will be the final writer of this history. 

I tell them that Luke did this for the good and the bad that happened in Acts, and that they better get on it and come up with an unvarnished history to publish.  Luke told itall about Paul's big mistake, about Barnabas (a super GOOD guy) losing it, others blowing it bad, and Peter's ups and downs.

This kind of thing is necessary for a fellowship ministry, but TWI is ALSO a marketing corporation.  Corporate advertising is always white-washed an varnished, so this will be difficult for them.

Edited by Mike

12 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Indeed. Lots of asserted claims. Lots of descriptive limits. Lots of assumptions and lots of conclusions.

Not one omni- modifier. Not one. Still, the question is open.

Just a simple "I beleeeve God is...."

THAT response from you is why I don't like your childish idiocy.

I gave you the abbreviated version because I know you can read omnipotence and omniscience in where I described God's actions, if you want to. I can see you only want to give me a difficult time. But hey, I get some good boilerplate for others from my response to you.

You must fill in the gaps of my abbreviated response  It might be good for you.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

THAT response from you is why I don't like your childish idiocy.

I gave you the abbreviated version because I know you can read omnipotence and omniscience in where I described God's actions, if you want to. I can see you only want to give me a difficult time. But hey, I get some good boilerplate for others from my response to you.

You must fill in the gaps of my abbreviated response  It might be good for you.

I'm not making assumptions about what you think or believe, though I can. That's why I asked.

What was taught to me in the class, and reiterated by you here, is God is weak and limited and fumbling and unsteady and incapable and always a step behind the adversary. I was taught that God is far away and incompetent and indecisive and waffling. I was taught he is a constructed image of a deeply carnal man's imagination. I was taught explicitly, and in the gaps, that the real power is the god of this world. I was taught above all that fear is the focus, not God.

So much devil spirit was taught, so little God.  That's why I asked.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

11 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Serving two masters.

Serving two masters is a dilemma

If we get rid of the golden idol – which is wierwille…there goes our cash cow...oh decisions, decisions, decisions...gonna drive me mashugana    :confused:

cdc96ae889c62d39a0f9ed9cd885ce12.jpg

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Actually, I totally agree with you on this, and I have said so lovingly to local leadership. They understood and could see my point.  They said they would pass my objection on to their friends at HQ, which includes Vern Edwards.  I am currently lightly corresponding with him, and will mention this someday.  I am calling this the Green Card Guarantee, and will make sure it is heard. Hopefully, some WayGB are reading this now. (Howdy folks!)

I think it is not so much the money, but more a mild case of insularity induced stupidity.  I will be standing up to this problem.  There are other such issues that I have been collecting in a folder.

Meanwhile, they said, Fork over the Ben Franklin

Now that they got  what they wanted, why should they care?

Second oldest trick in the book. The first is let there be light.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

*/*/*/*

On your second point, I will be pressing them for a full airing on the history of the John Scheonheit paper on adultery.  I have to go slower with them on this.  With some of them I have already started that dialog. 

There are a couple of them who know that if they don't write up a better than a white-washed history of TWI and VPW, then GreaseSpot will be the final writer of this history. 

I tell them that Luke did this for the good and the bad that happened in Acts, and that they better get on it and come up with an unvarnished history to publish.  Luke told itall about Paul's big mistake, about Barnabas (a super GOOD guy) losing it, others blowing it bad, and Peter's ups and downs.

This kind of thing is necessary for a fellowship ministry, but TWI is ALSO a marketing corporation.  Corporate advertising is always white-washed an varnished, so this will be difficult for them.

Only twigs, huh?

You need to turn some of that suspiciousness you have for us toward them. With them its all about the Benjis. They're not there for God any more than Saint Vic was. Just stop giving them money and watch what happens.

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

You need to turn some of that suspiciousness you have for us toward them. With them its all about the Benjis. They're not there for God any more than Saint Vic was. Just stop giving them money and watch what happens.

Oh, I have done that.

Right now I am turning suspiciousness AWAY from them, after some 30+ years of high suspiciousness towards them. It is important to remember that a little more than one whole generation has passed since the POP.  A new generation of people are involved, especially at the local levels.

I am lightening up on my suspicions, a few are still there, but not like a generation ago. I have reported this here for a couple of years here at GSC.  It started 4 years ago when I noticed a difference in local leadership.

It really started longer ago with my dance hobby.  I go to bars where good old music is played, often on Monday to Thursday nights. The trashy music is usually for weekends in order to appeal to the bulky the crowds, usually young people. But LOTS of good retired musicians just want a place to play loud, and I go there to dance to blues rock and Grateful Dead music. Allman Brothers and danceable Bob Dylan songs enter the mix often.  These are Open Mic scenes for bands and musicians. It's a networking hub for them. There are a half dozen of these places here.

About 7 or 8 years ago, one of these great eclectic musicians said "HI Mike! Fancy meeting you here!"  He was unrecognizable behind his long whiskers everywhere. 

His voice was unmistakably that of an old TWI friend I hadn’t seen in 25 years, and who was still in TWI after all these years. I ran the A.V. for his first class in 1982.  We had reluctantly parted ways around 1996-7 when Craig was in his saddest mode. I could immediately sense the melted ice in my friend.  We started comparing notes intensely.  It was a great reunion!

Since then I have watched him do his music and network with a hundred other musicians over the past 7 years or so. Around 4 years ago his occasional reports of twig activity got more and more interesting. I sensed a change in attitudes of leadership thru him.  I wanted to see this firsthand so I went to ONE large local fellowship very far away from my home. There, I met the local twig leader, but his twig was still a little too far for me. But I sensed directly the change in attitudes from the previous TWI people I had encountered by phone or in person over the previous decades. I made plans to lightly attend the local fellowship, but then the Pandemic happened. 

Now I've been to several meetings and had good times. Because I have the exact opposite attitude most of you folks have toward the baby and bathwater issue, they are not opposed to talking turkey at times, when no new people around. 

I can tell these people love the Word and study it, so that is the main topic we all want to discuss. With some of them it can get very deep and beneficial. I remember that I am not perfect, and we all have our own flaws, and our own background twists in perspective.  It is a happy scene, but not religiously frequent. I sometimes go dancing instead of an available fellowship.

I remember how Priscilla and Aquila were polite with Apollos, and I try to follow that example. It is called agape. In return I got ZERO PRESSURE from them to take the class.  This was not incidental.  They specifically would say they did not want to pressure me. It was my idea to take it, fully. There has been zero pressure for tithing. Not one word.

I’ve brought tithing up once or twice, but jokingly, and briefly. My plan is to not tithe, but at the same time I will not discourage anyone else from doing that. I have much better places for my giving than that, at the moment. 

Besides, I have been a free publicity agent for their main product ever since I left circa 1988, in my PFAL promotion. That can count as a tithe. Plus, I am willing to donate my future services to them, as an outside consultant. 

I enjoyed the new PFAL-T class, and I am compiling my thoughts and notes on it, first for TWI people, and then for you folks if you are interested.  I don’t want to clutter my mind with discussions here on PFAL-T, until I finish my compilation and then write HQ about it.  I have some detailed good points, and some easy suggestions for improvement, like simple announcements for the class co-ordinators handbook. 

Nutshell for now:  I liked it. It can be a good primer for young people, which is their goal.

5 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Shame on you – you knew of his sins and you saw how it damaged people – and what do you do about it?

you defend him and make excuses for him. :nono5:

You want to give him a free pass! Shame on you!   :nono5:

What I do about this is none of your business.
You should be ashamed for thinking you can see into my life.

You have no idea what you are talking about and exhibiting all the ugliness that TWI had at one time. You are preserving it by embodying it yourself. You are becoming what you look at most intensely: the mind-control goons.  You are damaging yourself with your pompous "I have repented but YOU, Mike, are a lowly sinner!"  When are you going to get it?  I am not under your control. I am responsible to God, not to you, oh little one.

I would love to see you wilt in a big university setting with the Lefties who would shame you for being a willing beneficiary of all the evil from Columbus on down to the Conquistadors.  This happens every Columbus day now on lots of campuses.  Old white men are being shamed, sometimes physically threatened, if they do not hate and condemn Columbus.  It is a little bit similar to your puny attempts to shame me for not hating and condemning VPW. 

The difference, though is they are WAY BETTER at it than you! I have seen this with my own eyes. I have been on the receiving end of Columbus shaming. You are an amateur at it, even with your Corps disciplining flashbacks with me. So back off, buddy! I do not answer to pukes like you.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You should be ashamed for thinking you can see into my life

You make it everyone's business by posting it on a public forum gene-yuse.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

That is a most stupid speculative extrapolation.  Hilarious too!

If I (or they) wanted to cover up anything in this thread I'd have stayed away from it altogether so that it would die a quick death when you all got bored with it.

If you really like that kind of speculation, I suggest you look VERY closely at all the threads that I stay away from.   LoL

And yet 4 more pages of trolling distracting from the thread topic.

This is why I view actions over words....

3 hours ago, Mike said:

You should be ashamed for thinking you can see into my life.

You have no idea what you are talking about and exhibiting all the ugliness that TWI had at one time. You are preserving it by embodying it yourself. You are becoming what you look at most intensely: the mind-control goons.  You are damaging yourself with your pompous "I have repented but YOU, Mike, are a lowly sinner!"  When are you going to get it?  I am not under your control. I am responsible to God, not to you, oh little one.

I would love to see you wilt in a big university setting with the Lefties who would shame you for being a willing beneficiary of all the evil from Columbus on down to the Conquistadors.  This happens every Columbus day now on lots of campuses.  Old white men are being shamed, sometimes physically threatened, if they do not hate and condemn Columbus.  It is a little bit similar to your puny attempts to shame me for not hating and condemning VPW. 

The difference, though is they are WAY BETTER at it than you! I have seen this with my own eyes. I have been on the receiving end of Columbus shaming. You are an amateur at it, even with your Corps disciplining flashbacks with me. So back off, buddy! I do not answer to pukes like you.

Hey guys look at me.  Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Ok, I will try.

Your question/comment on the 1942 promise being uttered by a devil spirit was something I very seriously considered all through the 1070s.  But it was from the large accumulation of FRUIT in my life that I knew I was finally on the right track.  Like David and Solomon, I still deeply consider the possibility that many devils were trying to get to him and some may have been successful at times.  I consider the possibility that Paul got a nostalgic spirit when he went to Jerusalem against God's orders.

I don't think a devil spirit gave him that revelation by the pattern easily evident in his life he manufactured the story after the fact.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

*/*/*/*

Wow so nice that the leadership will lovingly correspond with you.  The suggestions sent in by another group of leaders in the RNR paper submission resulted in Vern marking and avoiding these people.

Mainly because term limits and voting for positions were suggested.

GS tells the truth.   They lie and whitewash.

So let me ask the troll the one question that could allow him to contribute to this thread.

Mike, do they teach the unforgivable sin in PLAFT ?

What do they teach about Adam and Eve and original sin?

There are 2 opportunities they would have had to correct glaring issues and false doctrines.

Edited by chockfull