GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

3 hours ago, waysider said:

I can't remember. Did the snow storm incident, where God spoke audibly to Wierwille, happen before or after he said he had given up on the bible?

edit: I hope you don't sense my outrage.

Either God didn’t REALLY speak audibly to victor’s natural ears, or victor didn’t REALLY hear from God and just made the whole thing up. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Uh-oh

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Well I finally got overloaded this morning, and am way behind in responding. I'm answering this one last post, and then taking a break and enjoying the rare rain that is coming here in an hour.

*/*/*/*/*

God CANNOT lie, because He limits Himself to always speak true.

God CANNOT really speak to flesh, because He limits Himself this way for our benefit.

God limits Himself in this communication thing. 
You seem to want to completely miss this.
God chose to limit Himself for our protection. 

God had foreknowledge that this limitation would not diminish His sovereignty, and even though limited

For someone who has bragged about all the time he spent studying written PLAF you sure didn't learn a lot.

God cannot lie because God is light and in Him there's no darkness. Lying would be considered darkness, as there are many verses prohibiting it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Either God didn’t REALLY speak audibly to victor’s natural ears, or victor didn’t REALLY hear from God and just made the whole thing up. 

Yeah

----or----

Maybe the whole "Spirit only speaks to spirit " stuff is a bunch of hooey.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

#1  I am not a troll.

One doesn’t have to be a troll to act like one…but there’s also the Forrest Gump principle to consider: stupid is as stupid does. Meaning whether or not one is a dumb-a$$ troll is revealed by their actions

8 hours ago, Mike said:

#2  What I post is STRONGLY against the thinking of the most active posters here.

Some people LOVE to be argumentative merely to elicit a response from others. 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

#3  What I post is SO damning of the majority opinion that it disrupts their thinking.

A sure sign of someone acting like a troll is their attempts to disrupt a thread

8 hours ago, Mike said:

#4  The active posters are outraged at my defiance of their anti-idol.

This is called projecting - a wierwille-defender gets extremely upset when others criticize his idol

8 hours ago, Mike said:

#5  The active posters have no solid ground to stand on, so they call me a troll, and resort to pulling out all their old nasty Way Corps skills of melting faces and trying to belittle defiant thinkers. 

When contrarians are cornered they attempt to bluff their way out of an untenable position and often resort to making personal attacks.

Edited by T-Bone
Revisio LoShontus

I mean sometimes you have to put all this in perspective. God - the creator of the heavens and earth, who created sound, vibrational frequencies, languages, tongues, mouths, on down the line....that same God now lacks the ability to actually make sound himself to communicate with his creation. He MUST only talk to spirit because of the adversary...as I remember in order to be just to the adversary God had to limit himself to make the playing field equal...that's from DTA but paraphrased. Makes no sense on any level whatsoever. Heres the bad guy and instead of limiting the bad guy from hurting my kids im gonna limit myself and not talk to my kids so Im fair to the devil....complete bullshonta...

An interesting thing to note about Branham is that he mixed in Gnosticism, the occult, and mysticism in with the Bible to arrive at his viewpoint.

Similarities in teachings by VPW are seen in the seed of the serpent area as well as one God apostolic area.

Branhams teaching on Gen 3:15 include that the original sin was sexual in nature and that Eve had intercourse with the serpent producing Cain.  Also Adam participated.  So a 3 way with a snake.

VPW didn’t have any 3 ways with snakes.  Just roofied young women in a motor coach from reports.

Oh and Branham was the 7th angel to the church of Laodaceia.  And opened some seals in Revelation.

These leaders seem a tad mentally distorted to me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chockfull said:

An interesting thing to note about Branham is that he mixed in Gnosticism, the occult, and mysticism in with the Bible to arrive at his viewpoint.

Similarities in teachings by VPW are seen in the seed of the serpent area as well as one God apostolic area.

Branhams teaching on Gen 3:15 include that the original sin was sexual in nature and that Eve had intercourse with the serpent producing Cain.  Also Adam participated.  So a 3 way with a snake.

VPW didn’t have any 3 ways with snakes.  Just roofied young women in a motor coach from reports.

Oh and Branham was the 7th angel to the church of Laodaceia.  And opened some seals in Revelation.

These leaders seem a tad mentally distorted to me.

Its pretty clear that given Branham was before wierwille and had a way bigger name that he pulled information from him. I was toying with the idea of making a list...

similar seed the serpent teachings

eve had sex with the devil as stated by Craig in WAP class

life begins at the first breath per wierwille and craig sanctioning abortion

both had faked supernatural "comissioning" stories

.....more to come

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

So, if spirit can only talk to spirit, how did God call out to Adam after he ate the forbidden fruit? How did God make that soliloquy about the result of Adam's disobedience?

Good point !

And if angels and demons are also spirit – how is it they can talk directly to humans?

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

Oh by the way VP also taught that Jesus had spirit upon him from the time of his Baptism by John so your little sob story about him being separate from God and not able to talk to him is flat out wrong even by PFAL teachings.

I think you slipped a gear here.  Jesus sobbingly had no spirit all his childhood and early manhood. I think maybe you merged these cousins in your mind.

8 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah...I limited myself in raising my son who is 16 now. I dont talk to him so I can keep him protected...its for his own benefit.

A most extremely poor similarity. 

Your son did not commit high treason against you, and then "adopt" himself into an evil family, give them the inheritance you gave him, and be taken captive, and is now behind enemy lines.  This did happen to Adam. 

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

Yeah Mike is really going hard in the paint on this one.  It must be an area they really want to cover up with static with the new class just starting to run

That is a most stupid speculative extrapolation.  Hilarious too!

If I (or they) wanted to cover up anything in this thread I'd have stayed away from it altogether so that it would die a quick death when you all got bored with it.

If you really like that kind of speculation, I suggest you look VERY closely at all the threads that I stay away from.   LoL

7 hours ago, Twinky said:

For the record, I don't think Mike is a troll. 

I think he's sincere in what he posts or posits, but he's badly deluded.

Also, not meek to consider properly another point of view. 

Sincerity, as we were told on many occasions, is no guarantee for truth. 

Thanks, Twinkie. 
Pawtucket agreed with you on this many years ago. 

I am definitely not meek to the anti-idol rhetoric here against VPW. I know he had sin, and I see how it damaged some people.  I seek to DO SOMETHING about that, and not run away from it. He also helped many, so I am keen on identifying the baby from the bathwater when it comes to doctrine. 

I think most posters here are deluded by a terrible diet of negatives and anti-idol repetition here. The emotion of hate makes all thought slant away from preserving the good we were given.

I am sincere, and I try hard to not derail. 

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

A most extremely poor similarity. 

Your son did not commit high treason against you, and then "adopt" himself into an evil family, give them the inheritance you gave him, and be taken captive, and is now behind enemy lines.  This did happen to Adam. 

Hey gene-yuse...how does this work? Adam sinned and God gave him the silent treatment...Jesus Christ never sinned so God gives him the same silent treatment as Adam...talk about taking out your problems on the wrong child! Oh wait....its the figure of speech bullshonta-lay

20 hours ago, Mike said:

I often like to think of what life was like for Jesus, when he was growing up.

There is SO much comfort in knowing that he went through all the trials we go through.

That would include being without spirit, for 30 years, and TOTALLY cut off from really talking with God. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Thanks, Twinkie. 
Pawtucket agreed with you on this many years ago. 

So, others have agreed that you are badly deluded – no surprise there

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I am definitely not meek to the anti-idol rhetoric here against VPW. I know he had sin, and I see how it damaged some people. 

Not just run-of-the-mill sin like most honest decent people – wierwille had life-dominating sins! His behavior was reprehensible! A life-dominating sin is when the unrepentant sinner is a slave to certain sinful behavior. Hence, in the Bible a repeat offender would be labeled a thief, a liar, an adulterer, etc.

wierwille’s aberrant behavior fell into several categories – to name a few he was an unabashed plagiarist which made him a liar and a thief, he was also a prolific adulterer, sexual molester, and drunkard. Laws were broken. People were traumatized. Families were hurt. Legitimate published authors lost income and recognition.

Shame on you – you knew of his sins and you saw how it damaged people – and what do you do about it?

you defend him and make excuses for him. :nono5:

You want to give him a free pass! Shame on you!   :nono5:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I seek to DO SOMETHING about that, and not run away from it.

Here's what you seek to do about it...you defend him and make excuses for him .:nono5:

and you run away when Grease Spotters call you out for wanting to give him a free pass :evilshades:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

He also helped many, so I am keen on identifying the baby from the bathwater when it comes to doctrine. 

so what?!?! Quantify and qualify how he helped others.

How many ? what data do you have to support your claim?

Your argument is untenable!

To hell with the bathwater - wierwille’s PFAL baby should have been aborted – state’s laws permitting  of course  :rolleyes: - since it was not a viable fetus – screwed up mish mash doctrine with nonsense like 4 crucified, the Bible interprets itself, the law of believing that even God has to submit to. :confused:   :mooner:  < crazy-a$$ nonsense

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think most posters here are deluded by a terrible diet of negatives and anti-idol repetition here. The emotion of hate makes all thought slant away from preserving the good we were given.

A delusion is a false fixed belief that is not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. Who is the deluded one?

With YOUR repetitive mantra of wierwille/PFAL is good – YOU are unwilling to morally respond to the overwhelming evidence of wierwille’s aberrant behavior – which YOU have admitted YOU KNEW ABOUT !

…wierwille the unabashed plagiarist, liar and thief, prolific adulterer, sexual molester, and drunkard. Laws were broken. People were traumatized. Families were hurt. Legitimate published authors lost income and recognition...YOU are CHOOSING to ignore or minimize these things - what's up with that? It's like you're his defense attorney!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I am sincere, and I try hard to not derail. 

You need to try harder

Listen to what others say

develop better communication skills – what you do now isn’t working – you keep blaming others for your bad messaging

Edited by T-Bone
revision

8 hours ago, TLC said:

a bunch of things

(I am experimenting with formats.)

Mike wrote:
We don't have much info on spirit and how it works. Even if we did have the info, do we have the minds that can understand it?  Not usually

TLC wrote:
Agreed.  And for supposedly being "experts in the holy spirit" field, the biggest achievement of going through TWI was a great puffing up of what anyone thought they knew about spirit and "how it works."

Yes, this did happen at times, but I think some of us got to the point of wanting to help people with this knowledge.  I think, in order to build commitment in the Corps, too much stress was put upon Corps superiority.  That definitely happened with Corps having a domineering attitude over “empties,”  churchianity victims, mere grads, and even non-Corps staff at HQ.

TLC wrote:
But, seems to me there's an incredible amount of pride that needs (or needed, if any insist on a benefit of doubt) to be flushed out before the door leading to any real answers (aka, truth) in this field even begins to crack open.  It was, is, and most likely will remain a "hit or miss" struggle that is never able to paint a clear enough picture to make much (much less "good") sense, especially for anyone deeply indoctrinated in certain religious beliefs...

I think that as we seek to be better at helping others, the deeper answers will flow.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Mike wrote:
All we know is that people needed spirit, and Jesus knew it,

TLC wrote:
Seriously, Mike? You appear to be saying that people had no spirit whatsoever.  How in the world then might you explain what is written in Luke 9:55?  If you're some expert on spirit, exactly what "pneuma" do you suppose Jesus is referring to in this verse?  And yes, I'm not stupid... I am aware that spirit (or pneuma, if you prefer) can and might refer to different "things" (for lack of any better word.)  But my question (again) is simply this... What spirit do you suppose is being referred to in Luke 9:55?  And why might Jesus refer to it being a "manner of spirit"?     

Please let me put my amateur hand to this task.

Best I understand it, many people in the OT could get spirit upon them, and not just Israel. I do not know if "spirit upon" is available in this administration. I would like to know this, but I have never even heard anyone voice it at all.

Yes, I believe all humans are born without the same pneuma hagion we got in the new birth. 

This is the curse of Adam and all suffer from it. HOWEVER, please don’t ask me about John the Baptist having spirit in the womb.  I have no idea what that means… still on the lookout, though.

The proper response to seeing in the Scriptures this dire dilemma of people having no holy spirit is the same response Jesus had: compassion and a desire to help those without spirit.

Ok, now let’s look at Luke 9:55

I pasted these items in exactly from RHST:

Luke 9:39 Usage 8

. . .Io, a pneuma taketh him. . . .

Luke 9:42 Usage 8

. . .Jesus rebuked the unclean pneuma . . . .

Luke 9:55

But he turned, and rebuked them [the balance of verse

55 and verse 56 is omitted to] And they went to another

village.

This is the fourth verse where the word pneuma, ac-

cording to most Greek texts, is omitted. The

Aramaic text includes the word “spirit.” 2

Luke 10:20 Usage 8

...rejoice not, that the pneumata are subject unto

you....

Notice that the verses around v.55 have “Usage 8” after the scripture ref.
(Usage 8 refers to devil spirits)
Notice that v.55 does not have that “Usage 8” after it.
That is because, as it says in the entry, the word “spirit” is not in the Greek.

However, the word  “spirit”  IS in the Aramaic.

Notice the little “2” for footnote at the end of v.55’s entry.

Here is the footnote:
2. According to the author’s discussions with Dr. George M. Lamsa,
the Aramaic text reads, “knowing not what temperament ye are of.”

That  “temperament” means there could be two possible Usage numbers for the Aramaic word, and they are:

3. Meaning soul life
The person himself, that which makes man a
living being; the natural life common to all
mankind. It is also breath life (Luke 23:46;
Acts 7:59). All men have “soul life” which is

pneuma or spirit, called “the spirit of man,”
but not all men have eternal life pneuma, holy
spirit.

4. Meaning the individual entity or self
Such as myself, yourself, himself; the seat of
operation of man’s personal life, often re-
ferred to as “heart.”

a. The issues that result from the opera-
tion of man’s mind such
as acts of will,
thoughts,
desires, emotions

I am not at all sure which Usage applies.  The Aramaic might even be Usage 8, but I just do not know for sure. That is as far as I can help you with this verse. Also sorry I don’t understand John the Baptist yet.

Edited by Mike

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

We will always talk past each other until I understand your answer to the following:

What is your definition of God? What do you mean when you say God? What or who is God?

I think you need to take the original film class again for these answers.

I wont waste my time, because I know, and you know, that whatever I said, you wont take in or treat it seriously.  If you want me to take you seriously, stop being so childishly silly.

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

I am definitely not meek to the anti-idol rhetoric here against VPW. I know he had sin, and I see how it damaged some people.  I seek to DO SOMETHING about that, and not run away from it. He also helped many, so I am keen on identifying the baby from the bathwater when it comes to doctrine. 

I'm sure, if you checked historical records, that Hitler helped a lot of people, too. As did Lenin and Stalin, not to mention Dahmer.

7 hours ago, T-Bone said:

it’s possible one could be unaware that they have been  acting  like a troll…for 20 years

Whenever my acting gets too close to making your anti-idolatry uncomfortable, and you (or others) have no good looking response, your (and others) fallback is to accuse me of being a troll. 

I am NOT hiding under the bridge making strange noises, but seriously opposing you right to your face, and all your old Corps superiority techniques come to the surface, but none of them work, so you resort to the standard troll accusation. 

You (and others) are ACTING like you are still in a Way Corps leadership position and your job is to demean me in ANY way you can; truth be damned.