GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

1 minute ago, oldiesman said:

Don't know what their current policy is, but I always thought that only those who were put on the 'mark and avoid' list were debarred from attendance.

Because they hide it and only talk about it where it can’t be traced?

Point me to any one source of policy information on that in any version of TWI.

quote: 

But seriously, please allow me to do a little fine tuning on just one sentence. This one:

Just because you won't forgive someone for something doesn't mean your whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

Please tell me what you think of a few tiny changes:

Just because you won't forgive someone for some things,
doesn't mean their whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

What do you think of that?

It's the inverse, yet, still true. Nathan Jr. is not very forgiving (Romans 1:22).

2 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Because they hide it and only talk about it where it can’t be traced?

Point me to any one source of policy information on that in any version of TWI.

My sister (who once worked in the Trustee office) told me that a long time ago, but I have no idea what they currently do.

Just now, oldiesman said:

My sister (who once worked in the Trustee office) told me that a long time ago, but I have no idea what they currently do.

Perfect illustration.  The message travels out quickly from the rumor of someone with reported inner circle connections.  May be true or not.  May be a surface stated policy where inner policy differs.  We don’t know.  

But locally they know.  And little bird information travels back to them through the same channels.  Like “you know who so and so let come to the meeting?”  This goes back to sis gets right to high and holy Trunk Coordinator.  Who goes down his chain and makes sure said coordinator is reprimanded.

But oh they will never say it in a recorded meeting that could be used in a deposition.

I gave $20 to a homeless lady on the side of the road yesterday.  She and her husband had a sign saying “Homeless.  Please help.  God bless.”

I feel a lot better about my Christian giving there than I would about sending that $20 to TWI so they can buy food for Craig to produce new tapes to put on the internet.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Okay reading thru this I find it hard to believe the lack of empathy.  Mike is always looking to run down anyone who went thru the Corps as a problem.  Actually, I don't find it hard t believe.  The window washer philosopher is most likely on autism spectrum but without the idiot savante angle.  

He has this delusional view that the creator and initiator of the Corps program somehow was not involved in every aspect of it as are current leaders.

No sitting around stuffing your head with PFAL collateral material which amounts to sermon notes by Rhoda for 10 years does not produce anything different in believing than stuffing your head with them for 1 year.

You also are judging penworks every single chapter.  I know you don't want to accept TWI has had sketchy research since the start.  Maybe you're really just struggling with yourself here not intending to be a complete a hole.

WoW!  What a CHALLENGING post for me to handle.

Not sure i can handle this AT ALL?

Mike, use the force!

But, I might as well give it the good old college try.

Never have I faced such an INSURMOUNTABLE, multi-pronged surrounding of me with logic and reasoning... Thinking back to those good old days of college chummery and chicanery… and giving it the good old college failures…..

Mike, use the force!

….Yeah, but I was young then, just sprouting my ASCII wings yet with English Comp 101, and full of energy. I may need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to face THIS challenge, which is more like English 102 Composition.

Mike, use the force!

Yeah!  I’ve been challenged before this terrifyingly, but with the Force…  I might be able to handle this with an under 1,000 word ascii assault.

1 hour ago, johniam said:

It's the inverse, yet, still true. Nathan Jr. is not very forgiving (Romans 1:22).

I'd like to suggest the very similar sentence:

Nathan Jr. is very not forgiving.

And several sections in First John can bolster this fun grammar game.

First Epistle of John

CHAPTER 1

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

CHAPTER 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

CHAPTER 3

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

CHAPTER 4

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

CHAPTER 5

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Anti-idol is merely mikespeak for idol.

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

WoW!  What a CHALLENGING post for me to handle.

Not sure i can handle this AT ALL?

Mike, use the force!

But, I might as well give it the good old college try.

Never have I faced such an INSURMOUNTABLE, multi-pronged surrounding of me with logic and reasoning... Thinking back to those good old days of college chummery and chicanery… and giving it the good old college failures…..

Mike, use the force!

….Yeah, but I was young then, just sprouting my ASCII wings yet with English Comp 101, and full of energy. I may need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to face THIS challenge, which is more like English 102 Composition.

Mike, use the force!

Yeah!  I’ve been challenged before this terrifyingly, but with the Force…  I might be able to handle this with an under 1,000 word ascii assault.

Or you could stfu and read the book with an open mind leaving your judgmental comments alone instead of spitting out each mouthful as you eat because it’s not McPLAF tasting.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

First Epistle of John

CHAPTER 1

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

CHAPTER 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

CHAPTER 3

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

CHAPTER 4

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

CHAPTER 5

Actually anti idol is Mike speak for idol when the idol is VPW.  When it’s anything else it’s just idol.

It comes from the Peewee Herman school of logic “I know you are but what am I?” School of philosophy.

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

First Epistle of John

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 5

Remove the beam from your eye before you criticize the splinter in our eyes.

Your constant whining about being mocked and misrepresented reflects you inability to forgive Greasespotters.

Your constant complaints about the Corps shows your inability to forgive them. Your unforgiving nature is so strong with the Corps that you tar anyone in the Corps with same quality as the people that offended you.

Physician heal thyself!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Or you could stfu and read the book with an open mind leaving your judgmental comments alone instead of spitting out each mouthful as you eat because it’s not McPLAF tasting.

Ohhh!  Do you mean Charlene's book? 

I actually AM reading it with an open mind.  Because it is such an intense nostalgia trip, it is much more fun to read without an attitude of "how can I pummel this?" 

Eating it up I am, giving her a huge attitude of suspension-of-disbelief. 

The brief negative reports I've given so far as I read were a result of Charlene forcing a surprise or two into my open mind.

My impressions of her from 50 years ago were of a very thoughtful and careful thinker. I was totally NOT expecting her to be an example, and especially such an extreme example, of the "early jump to commitment" phenomenon that I OFTEN saw first-hand (but less intense) in the 1970s. 

It's a rush-to-judgement
propping up an idol,

then a shocking fall of that idol,

followed by a rush-to-judgement
propping up an anti-idol. 

I opened my mind, and that is what she put in.

My mind is still open, because it is still an intense nostalgia mini-series binge watch for me. I was in the same scenes long ago, and remember lots of the characters.

*/*/*/*/*

But your comment to me is mis-directed. 

I wasn’t talking about my stiff ENG-102 challenge in reading and then fully responding to Charlene’s book, but responding to your posted autism challenges.  I am searching through some old college texts right now for that.

Edited by Mike

45 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Actually anti idol is Mike speak for idol when the idol is VPW.  When it’s anything else it’s just idol.

The newly minted, and still shiny term "anti-idol" that I coined (just LOOK at that LUSTER !)  can be used for ANYTHING  that is the target of intense hate, where the hater loves to hate it. 

That means you can have more than one anti-idol in your life, that you love-to-hate, besides VPW.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's a rush-to-judgement
propping up an idol,

then a shocking fall of that idol,

followed by a rush-to-judgement
propping up an anti-idol. 

I opened my mind, and that is what she put in.

My mind is still open, because it is still an intense nostalgia mini-series binge watch for me. I was in the same scenes long ago, and remember lots of the characters.

*/*/*/*/*

But your comment to me is mis-directed. 

I wasn’t talking about my stiff ENG-102 challenge in reading and then fully responding to Charlene’s book, but responding to your posted autism challenges.  I am searching through some old college texts right now for that.

The rush to set up an idol was set by how VPW set himself up to be “The Teacher”

Then people constructed idols of “the teacher” in their minds and desks and lobbies.

When “The Teacher” was shown to be a flim flam artist with a fake degree and really sticky fingers they had to invent an alternate reality for themselves.

A kind of Alice-in-wonderland type of PFAL land where reality doesn’t apply and logic doesn’t matter and you can exclude all of those pesky outside sources and references because they are not “the teachers word”

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

The newly minted, and still shiny term "anti-idol" that I coined (just LOOK at that LUSTER !)  can be used for ANYTHING  that is the target of intense hate, where the hater loves to hate it. 

That means you can have more than one anti-idol in your life, that you love-to-hate, besides VPW.

Right you mean like you hating me and the logic I bring up so much you need to invent new terms to deal with it in your mind?

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

The rush to set up an idol was set by how VPW set himself up to be “The Teacher”

Then people constructed idols of “the teacher” in their minds and desks and lobbies.

When “The Teacher” was shown to be a flim flam artist with a fake degree and really sticky fingers they had to invent an alternate reality for themselves.

A kind of Alice-in-wonderland type of PFAL land where reality doesn’t apply and logic doesn’t matter and you can exclude all of those pesky outside sources and references because they are not “the teachers word”

Oh, YEAH !!!
I know you are but what am I?

Right you mean like you hating me and the logic I bring up so much you need to invent new terms to deal with it in your mind?

NO!!!   This is just tough love from me. 

It will only hurt for a little while, and then you can enjoy basking in the light.

Just now, Mike said:

It will only hurt for a little while, and then you can enjoy basking in the light.

Tough love, hate…..

potato, potato 

Surely your UCSD support group of PhD philosophers can enjoy basking in more light after you clean their windows.

:biglaugh:

6 hours ago, Mike said:

You and your partner in crime johniam  go ahead and keep up the good cop/bad cop roles you are playing...why? Cause, as I said before, you guys demonstrate what's wrong with the way international and their doctrines better than I could ever hope to accomplish. Thanks! So you two come to a website that's comprised mostly of people who have been hurt by TWI, and instead of love, empathy, compassion, etc, you guys constantly accuse people who disagree with you of being filled with hate, stupid, unforgiving, etc...and you show not only your true colors but what wierwille's doctrines actually do to people.

Please keep posting. You two are discouraging more people from taking pflap than anyone here could ever hope to accomplish.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

You and your partner and crime johniam and go ahead and keep up with the good cop/bad cop roles you are playing...why? Cause as I said before you guys show more of whats wrong with the way international and their doctrines than I could ever accomplish. Thanks! So you two come to a website thats comprised mostly of people who have been hurt by TWI, and instead of love, empathy, compassion, etc, you guys constantly accuse people who disagree with you of being filled with hate, stupid, unforgiving, etc...and you show not only your true colors but what wierwille's doctrines actually do to people.

Please keep posting. You two are keeping more people from taking pflap than anyone here could ever hope to accomplish.

They more than proved to me that all that talk about The Way changing is bull. By their example, I'd say it's business as usual at the cornfield cult.

• Like 1

Well then, since mike likes to cherrypick sections of scripture lets remove all the superflous non-bold words to see what he is trying to say in his typical passive-agressive manner. I think what can be gleaned from this is that he feels wierwille has been forgiven because he is wierwille and he did such a good job piecing it all together that he is above actually asking for forgiveness and public repentance, which is appropriate when a public trust has been violated. Wierwilles' persona and who he actually was are two entirely different people..

As for poor Nathan_Jr he's in the crosshairs for daring to disagree with these two and he disparaged their idol - the great bronze wierwille. So Mike accuses Nathan_Jr of hating his brother, being a murderer, being a liar and being an idolater The accusations are typical cult tactics used to bully people into submission. I only bother saying all this cause people here on GSC already know but there are plenty of people reading along who may not understand what they are witnessing if they arent familiar with TWI's tactics.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

he is faithful and just to forgive us 

if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father

are forgiven you for his name's sake.

He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer:

loveth not

and hateth his brother, he is a liar

loveth not 

love his brother

keep yourselves from idols

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: 

But seriously, please allow me to do a little fine tuning on just one sentence. This one:

Just because you won't forgive someone for something doesn't mean your whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

Please tell me what you think of a few tiny changes:

Just because you won't forgive someone for some things,
doesn't mean their whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

What do you think of that?

Nobody’s whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

But there is a real cycle of abuse.  A cycle of continued abuse and forgiveness.  There was a recent docu on Gabby Pettito a young nature blogger who was murdered in an abusive relationship.

I myself don’t wanna get murdered in an abusive relationship.

But I forgive them even though they have not and will not ever ask for it.

Nobody’s whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

But there is a real cycle of abuse.  A cycle of continued abuse and forgiveness.  There was a recent docu on Gabby Pettito a young nature blogger who was murdered in an abusive relationship.

I myself don’t wanna get murdered in an abusive relationship.

But I forgive them even though they have not and will not ever ask for it.

The whole family structures were abusive. 

Who let's there daughter run off with a boy when thy both had mental health issues?

Cult is family.  

2 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

The whole family structures were abusive. 

Who let's there daughter run off with a boy when thy both had mental health issues?

Cult is family.  

The parents were talked into it.  She was really persistent, prepared a lot, and the guy was in his “love bomb” period.  Only turned murderous later when he had her isolated from family.