GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

T-Bone

2 hours ago, Mike said:
What you will find there is the teaching that if we are trying to work the Word for doctrine, THAT'S when we should be suppressing our feelings. Feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth.

Other than wierwille or you who say 

“…Feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth”  are there any normal people who believe that? Where does it teach that in the Bible?

These kind of statements you make lead me to believe you are incapable of discerning truth from lies and fact from fiction. Who are you - really?!?! You defend your father in the word salad of lies and delusions.

No.  I am dealing with ideas and their originations. You may be searching your memory where the rotten attitudes towards sincerity and feelings originated, but I don’t think we can trust that.  I am searching the collaterals.  If the idea is right, it should be separated from error and respected, regardless of where it came recently.

It is you who preoccupied with VPW.  I’m looking at history right here.

Are you originally from the real world? I guess it never occurred to you that you have no credibility here.

If I had no credibility here, no one would flock to try and make my posts more incredible, would they.  They would figure I already did the job.  Does that make sense?  If my posts do not have credibility, you would not waste your time with them.

Feelings are part of the whole person! Feelings determine how we respond to truth. II Corinthians 7:10 says godly sorrow leads one to repentance…

YES YES YES 

There are right times to have feelings, just like there are times when sincerity is right and proper, and even rightfully demanded.

As you will see in the collateral texts, VPW taught that sincerity and feelings are good… in their proper places.

The wrong times for feelings and sincerity is when you are trying to rightly divide the Word, or make a proper decision on the Word, and probably many mundane decisions as well.

sorry for the formatting glitch here

Edited by Mike

chockfull

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I think if you look hard for us being taught widespread emotion suppression in classes and the collaterals, you wont find that kind of teaching. 

What you will find there is the teaching that if we are trying to work the Word for doctrine, THAT'S when we should be suppressing our feelings. Feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth.

Another area where we should suppress our emotions is when we are trying to make a complex, difficult decision on important matters, especially if it involves asking for revelation.

Outside of that feelings and sincerity are WONDERFUL! 

But that is not what the Corps led TVTs taught us.  For the sake of Corps discipline, feelings and sincerity were OVERLY suppressed in the verbal traditions that developed.  It leaked out to us non-Corps as well.

THAT is how we were taught to suppress our humanity in TWI.  It was not the collaterals that were responsible for that.

Funny I just don’t see that playing out in Jesus life and example in any fashion.  He portrayed a lot of emotion as well as sharp logic.

What I most certainly do see suppressed all the time is common logic due to emotional attachment.

When you make a habit of suppressing things it leaks out in other areas.

-I agree that feelings and sincerity got the short end of the stick at TWI, but it was in the TVT’s  (and maybe from the film transcript?) that I see that sadness originate.

Edited by Mike

So_crates

Mike said:
feelings can't be trusted in matters of doctrines and decisions on the Word. 

You mean like that feeling of elation you got when you thought Raf supported your position? No guarantee for truth, right?

That elation had nothing to do with me rightly dividing the Word or making a heavy decision, so it was “legal” for me to have those feelings.  But I understand you and can relate to your sincerity here.

*/*/*/*/*

So_crates

Mike said:

You mean like that feeling of elation you got when you thought Raf supported your position? No guarantee for truth, right?

That elation had nothing to do with me rightly dividing the Word or making a heavy decision, so it was “legal” for me to have those feelings.  But I understand you and can relate to your sincerity here.

2 hours ago, Mike said:
if it lowers my petty rating I'll allow you to come over here and berate me.

So, Mike, where's you believing? If you believe people will berate you...

-Where’s my believing?  In the promises of God.  I don’t think there is a promise of God that will insulate me from berating.  I learned this in “Paul’s Thorn in the Flesh,” one of our collaterals.

*/*/*/*/*/*

So_crates

Mike said:

2 hours ago, Mike said:
I think you ought to think long and hard about everything he said.

Says the guy that reads a post until he finds something disagreeable then he stops reading.

-No. Sometimes I stop responding at a point, but I usually read all the way, unless it’s real long.  That happens too.  If I wanted to avoid the disagreeable I would not be here.

Just where do YOU get off telling anybody to think long and hard about anything? 

-When I see a need I try to help.

I think you ought to think long and hard about that.

-I did too.  I did it in the 1970s, mostly.

T-Bone   

You wrote:
Ah but it  WAS  the collaterals, PFAL, the programs WOW, Fellow Laborers, Way Corps, etc., that taught us to ignore feelings...to suppress intuition...to disengage cognitive skills - -   

How about some page numbers for including collaterals in that list

*/*/*/*

You wrote:
“Something that is always puzzling to me is the contempt that Mike exhibits toward  the way corps. Mike was  NEVER  in the way corps so it always baffles me how he finds the audacity to speak so authoritatively about them.”

As I have explained often, my contempt is where the Corps went wrong, and that was mostly in the upper management. I can include VPW here.  If he made a big mistake planning PFAL’77 to be the new class, he could make big mistakes with the Corps program.

I didn’t have to be in the Corps to suffer under them a few times, and watch many others suffer under them often.  AGAIN, the perpetrators were the vast minority, but a very vocal and influential minority.

You were never president of a big religious company, so HOW DARE you criticize President VPW????   See how stupid that sounds?  I saw error in the Corps, and I saw them promulgate it verbally. 

*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
One theory I have suggests that Mike was envious of the intimate relation he imagined way corps had with their “father in the Word”, wierwille.

That is funny.   One of the reasons I left HQ is because I actually experienced the verse “A prophet is not without honor…”  in that in looking back on my life, my respect for VPW actually dipped when I was much closer to him at HQ, compared to 800 miles away in New York. Then when I left for California, my respect rose some.  It had other roller coaster ups and downs as well, but I know that being at HQ, it seemed to be no big deal to be around him.  I knew because of his time restraints, that when he was nearby, like at lunch, he was not really open to hanging out with me and discussing lots of things.  I had that kind of time with him at Rock 1972, so my hunger to admire him was dimed by seeing him a lot at HQ.  I saw him lose his temper there much more than anywhere else. That wasn’t fun, because I think some of those times he didn’t have all the facts, and was jumping to concussions.  (had to bring it back on topic. )

You look like you really want to have all kinds of psychology theories and conspiracy theories about me.  Let’s play a game. See what kind of theory you can come up with as to why my posting is always changing from one format to another.  Maybe I am a committee and not an individual?  WoW!  I can’t wait to see how you spin that one.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
I think a lot of people really believed   in  wierwille – and believed he could do no wrong…

Yup.  I saw that often, and in the early 1970s.  It alarmed me. One reason I did not go WoW or into the Corps.   After 11 years I decided it would be good to go out Wow and it was a good decision.  I learned tons.

*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
Recalling my time in residence, it was extremely laser-focused on knowing The Power For Abundant Living class material backwards and forwards. I am NOT exaggerating! During the three meals we had each day in the dining room, we were randomly called upon to give a five-minute teaching - right there on the spot – and immediately critiqued right after that. Even back then I was disturbed by one fact (which at the time was another one of those things I relegated to the back burner) - that people who quoted PFAL material verbatim or with very little deviation from that, received the highest praise with little or no criticism... 

-That is a good insight.  The new ChatGPT software A.I. can do the same quality of parroting many did.  It really got bad when parroted lines were used by Corps on the field, and they misapplied them, or the situation did not call for those lines.

Here is my best effort to find every passage in the PFAL BOOK that uses the words sincere or sincerity.  My hunch/memory was correct.  The only times sincerity is depicted as a negative is for right dividing the Word and heavy decisions.

Otherwise sincerity is good. 

A few quotes you will find below:
"Naturally I will be sincere on both salvation and the Holy Spirit..."
"Sincerity is wonderful..."
"I like sincere people..."

PFAL page 119
The English words “rightly dividing” are the Greek word orthotomounta. Orthos means “perfectly right” or “perfectly straight” Temno means “to cut.” Putting these two words together in the word orthotomounta, translated “rightly dividing” in the King James Version, literally means “a perfectly right cutting.” Its intricate nuance of meaning is that there is only one way to rightly cut The Word; all other ways are wrong cuttings. The teaching that many people give – that as long as you are sincere everything is wonderful – is not the teaching of The Word. II Timothy 2:15 says that we are to “study to show ourselves approved unto God by rightly dividing.” There is only one way to rightly cut The Word; all other ways are wrong cuttings.

Sincerity and sincere Page 122-124
The Word of God is the true Word only when it is rightly divided. When it is wrongly divided we have error at the particular place where it is wrongly divided. To illustrate, if I rightly divide the Word of Truth on salvation, I will have the true Word on salvation. But if I wrongly divide the Word of Truth on the subject of the Holy Spirit, then at that place I do not have the true Word. Naturally I will be sincere on both salvation and the Holy Spirit; but sincerity is absolutely no guarantee for truth. Sincerity is wonderful, but it is not synonymous with truth. I like sincere people, but I have also been hoodwinked by them. The insincere people have never deceived me, but the sincere people have. Sincerity or insincerity is not the determining factor for truth. The Word of God is Truth. When we rightly divide it, we have the true Word; when we wrongly divide it, we have error. In the matter of standing approved before God, people are again in disagreement.

Sincere, sincerity  Page 137
Verse 23, Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me [if I go to Jerusalem]. Verse 24, But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Doesn’t that sound wonderful, sincere, devout? But what good was Paul’s sincerity in going to Jerusalem when the spirit had already told him not to go there? Acts 21:3, Now when we had discovered Cyprus, we left it on the left hand, and sailed into Syria, and landed at Tyre: for there the ship was to unlade her burden.

Page 140
Verse 13, Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart Paul moaned, so-to-speak, “Don’t you people know that I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus?” Doesn’t that sound magnanimous and sincere! But Paul was totally wrong. The will of the Lord was for him not to go to Jerusalem. After translators accurately gave The Word thus far, they reached verse 14. The translators tried to help Paul save face in the modern translations by simply putting in commas.

Page 253
Genesis 3:3: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. God never said anything about touching the fruit. Now what had Eve done? She had added to the Word of God. When one adds to the Word of God, is it still the Word of God? Again, it becomes private interpretation. The moment a word is deleted or added, one no longer has The Word. God never said what Eve quoted Him as saying. But was she sincere? She was sincere, but she was totally wrong. What else did Eve do to God’s Word? “Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.” God had said, “For in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” There was no equivocating about it. Eve changed the truth of God’s Word from “the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die,” to “lest [maybe, perhaps] ye die.” She questioned the integrity of God’s Word.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

So_crate

Mike said:

It had everything to do with you rightly dividing the word. It had to do with someone supporting one of your theories, the absent Christ, which you later said was not taught in the class or the collaterals. So you apparently divided the word wrong that time and were elated someone agreed with you.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

2 hours ago, Mike said:
if it lowers my petty rating I'll allow you to come over here and berate me.

So, Mike, where's you believing? If you believe people will berate you...

-Where’s my believing?  In the promises of God.

**Points over Mike's head**

Look, Mike, there goes the point.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I don’t think there is a promise of God that will insulate me from berating.  I learned this in “Paul’s Thorn in the Flesh,” one of our collaterals

Believing=Receiving.

So, believe people are going to berate you and what do you receive?

**Cups hand to ear, listening**

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

So_crates

2 hours ago, Mike said:
I think you ought to think long and hard about everything he said

Says the guy that reads a post until he finds something disagreeable then he stops reading

-No. Sometimes I stop responding at a point, but I usually read all the way, unless it’s real long.  That happens too.  If I wanted to avoid the disagreeable I would not be here.

Odd, that's not what you claimed in previous posts.

It's not a matter of you avoiding disagreement. It's a matter of you avoiding cognitive dissonance.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just where do YOU get off telling anybody to think long and hard about anything?

-When I see a need I try to help.

So your under the delusion your helping.  Have you ever considered we have no need for your help?

You do know the three corners of the drama triangle are perpetuated, victim, and rescuer. If you're one you're probable all three.

There's a very thin line between someone who wants to save you and someone who wants to enslave you.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think you ought to think long and hard about that.

-I did too.  I did it in the 1970s, mostl

Apparently, you didn't, otherwise you'd see where you set yourself up for what you get.

9 minutes ago, So_crates said:

It had everything to do with you rightly dividing the word. It had to do with someone supporting one of your theories, the absent Christ, which you later said was not taught in the class or the collaterals. So you apparently divided the word wrong that time and were elated someone agreed with you.

No.  You are confusing the process of me rightly dividing the Word, with the OTHER process of me celebrating (good feelings), which occurred a little later in time.

Yes they were related, but not by the causal connection you accused me of.  LoL  I should have saved time, and just pleaded guilty to your silly charge of hypocrisy.  It would have saved me time, and only a micro-loss in audience credibility ratings.  Why did you want to waste time on this?  Why did I want to waste time on this?  It occurred to me to ignore it, which is like pleading no contest in court.  I'm serious, though.  Why not let's talk about something serious, sometime?

I see you have an new post in this flurry that just arrived as I am typing this. I wonder if it will be something silly or serious.

BTW, that was HALF of my shtick when I did the Open Mic circuit; I did topics that were Science, Silly, Serious, and Sixties.

Anyway, let's go see what new post you have for me.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

No.  You are confusing the process of me rightly dividing the Word, with the OTHER process of me celebrating (good feelings), which occurred a little later in time.

Yes they were related, but not by the causal connection you accused me of.  LoL  I should have saved time, and just pleaded guilty to your silly charge of hypocrisy.  It would have saved me time, and only a micro-loss in audience credibility ratings.  Why did you want to waste time on this?  Why did I want to waste time on this?  It occurred to me to ignore it, which is like pleading no contest in court.  I'm serious, though.  Why not let's talk about something serious, sometime?

I see you have an new post in this flurry that just arrived as I am typing this. I wonder if it will be something silly or serious.

BTW, that was HALF of my shtick when I did the Open Mic circuit; I did topics that were Science, Silly, Serious, and Sixties.

Nice word salad. Do you have anything worthwhile to say? Or are you going to bludgeon me with idle words until I plead for mercy?

Open Mic is about the only way you can do stand up: you have no sense of humor, no sense of timing, and you can't read a crowd. You prove this here every day.

Edited by So_crates

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's not what you posted

Yes they were related, but not by the causal connection you accused me of.

Again, not what you posted.

LoL  I should have saved time, and just pleaded guilty to your silly charge of hypocrisy

I never made this charge.

.  It would have saved me time, and only a micro-loss in audience credibility ratings.  Why did you want to waste time on this? 

Oh, I don't know. Why do you waste time with telling everyone what a stand up guy Saint Vic is? Ignore my post all you want, I don't care as it's your voice you're silencing, not mine. I'll continue posting.

Why did I want to waste time on this?  It occurred to me to ignore it, which is like pleading no contest in court.  I'm serious, though.  Why not let's talk about something serious, sometime?

What you call serious I have no interest in.

So you're insulting now. You must see me as a threat. Alinski 101.

Just a repost to set the record straight.

Edited by So_crates

2 hours ago, Mike said:

T-Bone

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Other than wierwille or you who say 

“…Feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth”  are there any normal people who believe that? Where does it teach that in the Bible?

These kind of statements you make lead me to believe you are incapable of discerning truth from lies and fact from fiction. Who are you - really?!?! You defend your father in the word salad of lies and delusions.

No.  I am dealing with ideas and their originations. You may be searching your memory where the rotten attitudes towards sincerity and feelings originated, but I don’t think we can trust that.  I am searching the collaterals.  If the idea is right, it should be separated from error and respected, regardless of where it came recently.

It is you who preoccupied with VPW.  I’m looking at history right here.

Are you originally from the real world? I guess it never occurred to you that you have no credibility here.

If I had no credibility here, no one would flock to try and make my posts more incredible, would they.  They would figure I already did the job.  Does that make sense?  If my posts do not have credibility, you would not waste your time with them.

Feelings are part of the whole person! Feelings determine how we respond to truth. II Corinthians 7:10 says godly sorrow leads one to repentance…

YES YES YES 

There are right times to have feelings, just like there are times when sincerity is right and proper, and even rightfully demanded.

As you will see in the collateral texts, VPW taught that sincerity and feelings are good… in their proper places.

The wrong times for feelings and sincerity is when you are trying to rightly divide the Word, or make a proper decision on the Word, and probably many mundane decisions as well.

sorry for the formatting glitch here

I fixed the formatting glitch – you’re welcome

Mike said: No.  I am dealing with ideas and their originations. You may be searching your memory where the rotten attitudes towards sincerity and feelings originated, but I don’t think we can trust that.  I am searching the collaterals.  If the idea is right, it should be separated from error and respected, regardless of where it came recently.

It is you who preoccupied with VPW.  I’m looking at history right here.

T-Bone’s response:  whatever, Mike – which means I am unwilling to discuss the brand, make, model, color, shape, size and smell of your absurdity.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike: If I had no credibility here, no one would flock to try and make my posts more incredible, would they.  They would figure I already did the job.  Does that make sense?  If my posts do not have credibility, you would not waste your time with them.

T-Bone’s response: If you ask me, I think many Grease Spotters wish you’d get the flock outta here. I have more or less ignored you since October of 2022. Though you continue to ply the fine art of trolling  - I couldn’t care less…shingles doesn’t care either! As I said before the main reason I quote your bull-$hit posts is to use them as talking points to ‘witness’ to those still in TWI. I kinda use the same strategy of ministers who proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ as the solution to the eternal hell that awaits unbelievers – I’m proclaiming the good news of Grease Spot Café – that one can be free of a harmful and controlling cult-mindset or they might end up like wierwille’s reused toilet paper – it's good for a gazillion wipes of a wholesome mind.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Mike said: There are right times to have feelings, just like there are times when sincerity is right and proper, and even rightfully demanded.

T-Bone’s response:  more bull-$hit response from you! The collaterals are $hit. There is no criteria for what is right and proper in any of wierwille’s collaterals…your position is laughable…untenable! I ASKED YOU BEFORE, YOU STUBBORN THICK-HEADED JACK-A$$ - Where does it teach in the Bible that feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth?!?! I did NOT ask where does it teach in the collaterals that feelings and sincerity are NOT good for discerning truth?”

2 hours ago, Mike said:

T-Bone   

You wrote:
Ah but it  WAS  the collaterals, PFAL, the programs WOW, Fellow Laborers, Way Corps, etc., that taught us to ignore feelings...to suppress intuition...to disengage cognitive skills - -   

How about some page numbers for including collaterals in that list

*/*/*/*

You wrote:
“Something that is always puzzling to me is the contempt that Mike exhibits toward  the way corps. Mike was  NEVER  in the way corps so it always baffles me how he finds the audacity to speak so authoritatively about them.”

As I have explained often, my contempt is where the Corps went wrong, and that was mostly in the upper management. I can include VPW here.  If he made a big mistake planning PFAL’77 to be the new class, he could make big mistakes with the Corps program.

I didn’t have to be in the Corps to suffer under them a few times, and watch many others suffer under them often.  AGAIN, the perpetrators were the vast minority, but a very vocal and influential minority.

You were never president of a big religious company, so HOW DARE you criticize President VPW????   See how stupid that sounds?  I saw error in the Corps, and I saw them promulgate it verbally. 

*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
One theory I have suggests that Mike was envious of the intimate relation he imagined way corps had with their “father in the Word”, wierwille.

That is funny.   One of the reasons I left HQ is because I actually experienced the verse “A prophet is not without honor…”  in that in looking back on my life, my respect for VPW actually dipped when I was much closer to him at HQ, compared to 800 miles away in New York. Then when I left for California, my respect rose some.  It had other roller coaster ups and downs as well, but I know that being at HQ, it seemed to be no big deal to be around him.  I knew because of his time restraints, that when he was nearby, like at lunch, he was not really open to hanging out with me and discussing lots of things.  I had that kind of time with him at Rock 1972, so my hunger to admire him was dimed by seeing him a lot at HQ.  I saw him lose his temper there much more than anywhere else. That wasn’t fun, because I think some of those times he didn’t have all the facts, and was jumping to concussions.  (had to bring it back on topic. )

You look like you really want to have all kinds of psychology theories and conspiracy theories about me.  Let’s play a game. See what kind of theory you can come up with as to why my posting is always changing from one format to another.  Maybe I am a committee and not an individual?  WoW!  I can’t wait to see how you spin that one.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
I think a lot of people really believed   in  wierwille – and believed he could do no wrong…

Yup.  I saw that often, and in the early 1970s.  It alarmed me. One reason I did not go WoW or into the Corps.   After 11 years I decided it would be good to go out Wow and it was a good decision.  I learned tons.

*/*/*/*/*

You wrote:
Recalling my time in residence, it was extremely laser-focused on knowing The Power For Abundant Living class material backwards and forwards. I am NOT exaggerating! During the three meals we had each day in the dining room, we were randomly called upon to give a five-minute teaching - right there on the spot – and immediately critiqued right after that. Even back then I was disturbed by one fact (which at the time was another one of those things I relegated to the back burner) - that people who quoted PFAL material verbatim or with very little deviation from that, received the highest praise with little or no criticism... 

-That is a good insight.  The new ChatGPT software A.I. can do the same quality of parroting many did.  It really got bad when parroted lines were used by Corps on the field, and they misapplied them, or the situation did not call for those lines.

Mike said: How about some page numbers for including collaterals in that list

T-Bone’s response: I don’t waste time arguing with fools over bull-$hit.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: As I have explained often, my contempt is where the Corps went wrong, and that was mostly in the upper management. I can include VPW here.  If he made a big mistake planning PFAL’77 to be the new class, he could make big mistakes with the Corps program.

I didn’t have to be in the Corps to suffer under them a few times, and watch many others suffer under them often.  AGAIN, the perpetrators were the vast minority, but a very vocal and influential minority.

You were never president of a big religious company, so HOW DARE you criticize President VPW????   See how stupid that sounds?  I saw error in the Corps, and I saw them promulgate it verbally. 

T-Bone’s response: where the corps went wrong was following a pseudo-Christian cult-leader like victor paul wierwille instead of following the Lord Jesus Christ!

I was never a pseudo-Christian cult-leader but I feel I have every right to call out the false teachers, false prophets, and ravenous wolves…actually it’s my Jesus Christ given duty to do so per His directives in Matthew 7

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: That is funny.   One of the reasons I left HQ is because I actually experienced the verse “A prophet is not without honor…”  in that in looking back on my life, my respect for VPW actually dipped when I was much closer to him at HQ, compared to 800 miles away in New York. Then when I left for California, my respect rose some.  It had other roller coaster ups and downs as well, but I know that being at HQ, it seemed to be no big deal to be around him.  I knew because of his time restraints, that when he was nearby, like at lunch, he was not really open to hanging out with me and discussing lots of things.  I had that kind of time with him at Rock 1972, so my hunger to admire him was dimed by seeing him a lot at HQ.  I saw him lose his temper there much more than anywhere else. That wasn’t fun, because I think some of those times he didn’t have all the facts, and was jumping to concussions.  (had to bring it back on topic. )

You look like you really want to have all kinds of psychology theories and conspiracy theories about me.  Let’s play a game. See what kind of theory you can come up with as to why my posting is always changing from one format to another.  Maybe I am a committee and not an individual?  WoW!  I can’t wait to see how you spin that one.

T-Bone’s response: Never underestimate a troll. Anyone who keeps trying to disrupt, dodge and derail is probably willing to do anything. You could be 30 or 40 different trolls using the same user ID and password – I don’t give a $hit…and shingles doesn’t care.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike: Yup.  I saw that often, and in the early 1970s.  It alarmed me. One reason I did not go WoW or into the Corps.   After 11 years I decided it would be good to go out Wow and it was a good decision.  I learned tons.

T-Bone’s response: There you go with your retroactive cognitive skills’ again. You - - - all 30…40…50 of you trolls are so contradictory. You all say you’re so concerned about the truth and walking the talk – yet you defend wierwille’s legacy of twisted doctrines, lies, delusions, depravity, self-centeredness, Gnosticism, spiritualism, fundamentalism and callousness.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: -That is a good insight.  The new ChatGPT software A.I. can do the same quality of parroting many did.  It really got bad when parroted lines were used by Corps on the field, and they misapplied them, or the situation did not call for those lines.

T-Bone’s response: what kind of trolling software do you use? Let’s see…did you say you left TWI in 1988? So, I’m guessing you’re using DOS 4.0.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

-I agree that feelings and sincerity got the short end of the stick at TWI, but it was in the TVT’s  (and maybe from the film transcript?) that I see that sadness originate.

It might also be that the sadness is the precious baby lord Jesus crying orange tears…

:biglaugh:

On the Absent Christ thread:

On 1/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, T-Bone said:

Hi Mike,

As far as you know = the extent that your knowledge reaches = 20 years on Grease Spot Café of you reaching no further than your confirmation bias.

You consistently exhibit a tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports the high regard you have for wierwille and PFAL…Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills.

If you are not aware that your posts reflect someone who  has no capacity to distinguish truth from lies or differentiate fact from fiction – perhaps you should seek a communication consultant - - or help from professional mental health personnel.

If you are not conscious that you often turn a blind eye to the infamous moral depravity of wierwille – perhaps it means your conscience has been cauterized by the hypocritical and callous nature of wierwille / PFAL. Maybe be honest during self-examination – something we should all do periodically in the way of  Matthew 7

In the 17 years that I have been coming to Grease Spot Café and getting to know your ‘mystifying’ and shape-shifting viewpoint, I suspect there’s more issues than meets the eye – I’m just not sure what they are. The only reason I make the time and effort to respond to your nonsense is for the sake of those still in bondage to the pseudo-Christian harmful and controlling cult, The Way International. Any reasonable person comparing the thought content of your posts and most other Grease Spotters is more likely to come away with the thought that you are utterly confused – exemplifying how detrimental to one’s cognitive skills wierwille / PFAL can be if that is one’s only rule for faith and practice.  

There is no denying you have some deeply entrenched attitudes that encourage others to accept wierwille and PFAL without serious questions. The purpose of this website demands a rational response to such nonsense.  

You can make all the claims you want about a surprisingly large number of grads thought VPW was claiming divine dictation….you have encountered several here over the years – but it means nothing from a person who has zero credibility!

How trustworthy is a person if they are incapable of recognizing the difference of truth from lies, fact from fiction?

What does it say about one’s moral compass if they make wierwille’s corruption and hypocrisy like it’s no big deal?

~ ~ ~ ~

The  honest counterpoint  to your  Another point:  MOST of VPW's research was 5-senses, is that wierwille searched…hunted…found what seemed to be attractive money-making ideas in the works of others – and pirated them! He made like he came up with all that stuff – with God’s guidance of course! That’s stealing and lying!

You shall not steal. You shall not give false testimony against your neighborExodus 20

Sorry to burst your bubble –  you so quickly come to the defense of all the lies, illogic, moral depravity, and hypocrisy of wierwille / PFAL... ...you reveal to others what you are unaware of – that you have indeed built your faith on wierwille / PFAL.

We defend to the hilt whatever is most precious to us.

Here is my response to T-Bone

T-Bone, you wrote:
As far as you know = the extent that your knowledge reaches = 20 years on Grease Spot Café of you reaching no further than your confirmation bias.

An interesting phrase:  “reaching no further”  

Spoken as if I enrolled for training or therapy here. LoL  You don’t understand the timeline I am on.  I went through the phases you folks are going through still, here, now.  I attended a live, face-to-face version of GreaseSpot in July 1987 when Ralph D visited San Diego.  I have reported on this often; maybe you never read it, because of YOUR confirmation bias toward “diagnosing” me.

I first saw the Schoenheit Paper there, then. Went through great anguish and mental struggles. They lasted years.  I worked it out. 

Somehow, don’t ask me how, I went through a lot of garbage and struggles related these things decades ahead of you folks. When I post these things they are glossed over and ignored. That’s ok.  I’m used to it.

You are scoring and rating me as if I came here for help, a deluded refugee.  I will not play that game, nor submit to your cautions that I “need to make progress here, or seek help elsewhere.”   LoL  That is your confirmation bias speaking.

*/*/*/*/*/*

You consistently exhibit a tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports the and PFAL…Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills.

Let me repeat a parts of my story you may have not processed.  My “high regard for Wierwille  has been a roller coaster.  I applied ALL SORTS of critical thinking towards that man over the decades.  Some years I was more accepting of everything he taught, and other years I was far less accepting. It went way up and way down.  Lots and lots of critical thinking. I was trained in science and math and have the skills.

I also opine here often of the times and situations where turning off critical thinking is good for a number of things. That could be a whole thread in itself. 

*/*/*/*

Another part of my story is that in 1998 things changed for me for a number of reasons. At that time I was also watching my 50th birthday approaching. I had been searching all my life, and it was dawning on me that all that I have found and sorted through with my critical thinking skills, needed to be applied to life more.  I had found SO MUCH, and I thought that the second half of my life, should I reach 100, should no longer be devoted to searching for the truth, for more truths, but to applying the truths God had blessed me in love to others in love. That’s the only valid reason to search for the truth: is to apply love to others in truth.

Everything in my life pointed NOT to Wierwille, but to the collaterals, as the only solid thing I had found.  So I ended my search.  I closed my mind. I know that freaks a lot of people out, but everyone does it in fits of emotion.  What I did is I closed my mind on very specific issues only, under very controlled and deliberate conditions, after many years of collecting and sorting various truths.

I’ve been honest and up front about this here, that written PFAL is my only rule for faith and practice, and that it, of course includes the Bible.

No matter how often or how specific I am about this limitation, written PFAL, everyone here will forget it and see in their minds me idolizing VPW, the man.  I am constantly correcting people on this.  How many times now have I corrected YOU on this, that my “high regard for Wierwille” is a fiction you hold in your mind constantly, no matter how many times I tell you, no, it’s wrong, it’s just written PFAL that is special to me.

How many days will you go before you are posting again that I idolize VPW in some way?  Let’s count.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

If you are not aware that your posts reflect someone who  has no capacity to distinguish truth from lies or differentiate fact from fiction – perhaps you should seek a communication consultant - - or help from professional mental health personnel.

Actually, I am very much aware that my posts reflect that false impression to those who’s bias filters out critical information in my posts, as I described above. I have to constantly fight the false impressions and misrepresentations of my positions here. 

You folks are as unconsciously set in your ways, as I am consciously (since 1998) set in my ways.

Fact and fiction often depend on the wording and the perspective and the bias filters. You are trying to sound authoritative in your recommendation, as if you have objectively diagnosed my problem for not taking up your anti-idol.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

If you are not conscious that you often turn a blind eye to the infamous moral depravity of wierwille – perhaps it means your conscience has been cauterized by the hypocritical and callous nature of wierwille / PFAL.

Round two of your diagnosis.  More like another swing and a miss in a boxing round.

I am TOTALLY conscious of turning a blind eye to….   YOUR REPORTS of evil elsewhere and at other times.  Get the emphasis?

And when I say “your” I mean pretty much every active poster, in varying degrees.

My blind eye is towards your whole perspective when you listen to a whistle blower’s account, a true victim’s account.

My blind eye is towards your whole regurgitation of same, with your added embellishments, distortions, delusions, allusions, implications, bias, hate, etc.

My blind eye is towards your every thought as to what do we do about the many unfortunate acts of the flesh that happened over many decades.

My blind eye is towards your suggest actions and attitudes I should take in your solutions to the problems of more than 38 years ago.

My blind eye is towards your anti-idle model of VPW as pure evil and no good. I refuse to fall down that devilish hole. Everyone has a heart that is desperately evil above all things. Every believe has holy spirit which cannot sin, and I chose to celebrate that, and magnify THAT about every believer, while you do the opposite. I will not succumb to the ill mind you have succumbed to.  I turn a blind eye to your representations of these problems, but I do not turn a blind eye to the problems.  My solutions are different than your solutions.

*/*/*/*

My solutions do not include dumping the collaterals from my life.

My solutions do include getting the Schoenheit paper aired by TWI-4.

My solutions do include discussing possible strategies for writing an unvarnished history that would include the Schoenheit paper.

I find it odd that the Schoenheit paper is not often discussed here. I have my hunches.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Maybe be honest during self-examination – something we should all do periodically in the way of  Matthew 7

I agree, but again at least 20 years ahead of that suggestion. VPW’s last magazine article has an amazing section I call a “Spiritual Makeover” that is all about self-examination of everything believed.

I first ran across this urging for self-examination about 15 years late, in the year 2000.   But I was an expert at already, from my RC childhood.  I had really latched onto Confession every Saturday. I had my favorite priests, and considered them counsellors.  I even went back and witnessed to my last confessor.  Self-examination I did a couple times day sometimes, if not once a week.  You could say I was very religious about self-examination.  I still do it.

*/*/*/*/*/*

In the 17 years that I have been coming to Grease Spot Café and getting to know your ‘mystifying’ and shape-shifting viewpoint, I suspect there’s more issues than meets the eye – I’m just not sure what they are.

How COULD you ever be sure!? 

And WHO doesn’t have some kind of underlying issues? 

I have had and still do a VERY odd life.  You can not even approach what I’ve been through and accomplished and failed at. No clue. There’s no way you could believe it all. I already strained credibility with my true stories of my many adventures.  Maybe I should numb you out with a list someday? Maybe then you’d quit trying to figure me out and just listen a little.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Any reasonable person comparing the thought content of your posts and most other Grease Spotters is more likely to come away with the thought that you are utterly confused –

Yes, any reasonable person with the same perspectives and negative bias as yours, like almost all the active posters at this time, would think I am confused. HOWEVER, if unlike you, they were to carefully read my posts, and put things together with no ego influences (like always happen here on stage), then THOSE reasonable persons may find I am not so confused.   

*/*/*/*/*

exemplifying how detrimental to one’s cognitive skills wierwille / PFAL can be if that is one’s only rule for faith and practice.  

There it is again: you mixing my only rule (collaterals) with all the teachings of weirwille.   I was complaining about this above.  It is so deep in your bias you probably cannot get this straight.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

There is no denying you have some deeply entrenched attitudes that encourage others to accept wierwille and PFAL without serious questions.

FALSE !  I am well aware of the need to ask all kinds of questions.  If I saw someone doing that accepting “wierwille and PFAL without serious questions,”   I would be alarmed as I was when I saw that very thing in the 1970s and 80s.   YOU may have lived your early ministry life that way, but I did not. I asked OODLES of questions. People would laugh at me when I pulled out my latest list of questions. VPW didn’t laugh when he saw it at Rock’72.  I was very suspicious and careful.

If I see someone jump into PFAL fast with no questions I know they can jump out just as fast.  I have seen this a lot being a twig leader twice.

*//*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

The purpose of this website demands a rational response to such nonsense.

I want to assume that rational response includes a very carefully selected set of initial assumptions and acceptable procedures. Most people do not consciously select what they love the most. It is mostly happenstance and emotions that guide major life attitudes.

I am open and honest about our differences in fundamental assumptions. 

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

What does it say about one’s moral compass if they make wierwille’s corruption and hypocrisy like it’s no big deal?

I make it a big deal to separate myself from anyone’s corruption that I see first-hand.   

I find your reports of those flaws in VPW totally untrustworthy. I said that before. I do not recognize your ability to sort through all this mess, let alone make a final judgment on VPW, and certainly not to suggest to me that I alter my work with the collaterals.

I do seek solutions to the problems he left behind, even though I disagree with your embellishments of them.  Even in their mitigated, realistic descriptions they are a problem that demands some kind of action.

I tool action when these problems came up in my twig in 1980, and reported that our action as a twig was to bang out an amateur version of the Schoenheit Paper on Adultery, 6 years before he did his.

I am WAY ahead of you guys on dealing with this. My methods and attitudes differ.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Sorry to burst your bubble –  you so quickly come to the defense of all the lies, illogic, moral depravity, and hypocrisy of wierwille / PFAL... ...you reveal to others what you are unaware of – that you have indeed built your faith on wierwille / PFAL.

Once again you lump together what I carefully keep separate. 

I built my faith on that roller coaster I mentioned earlier all thru the 70s and 80s.  I finally separated out the collaterals in 1998, after my faith had been built thru applying the PFAL keys to my Bible.  I worked it out with God what to do.  I simply committed to what I had learned and to helping others with it.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

-Yes, so choose wisely what is most precious by what takes up our most precious time and attention.  Me: the collaterals.  You?   The anti-idol, pure evil guy you like thinking and typing about for lots  and lots of your time? 

The First John Epistle ends urging us to guard against idols, which are time soakers that take us away from meditating on God and His Son via His written Word.

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

When the Devil reminds you of your past, you remind him that he is a fictitious deflection point that can only speak to that which he is.

When the devil reminds you of your past you remind him “that you’re not the one who lost their soul to a fiddle player in Georgia biatch”.

:jump:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

T-Bone’s response: what kind of trolling software do you use? Let’s see…did you say you left TWI in 1988? So, I’m guessing you’re using DOS 4.0.

LoL.... Once a month I change my Win11 system clock to 1995, which is an isomorphic year to 2023.  I do this to run the dBaseIII DOS program I wrote for my window cleaning business. 

I use a DOS emulation program called DosBox.    This was my fix for the Y2K problem.  I had used, in 1984, some standard library subroutines for calendar coding, and they were Y2K non-compliant. 

FOR ONCE you got me right, a little.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Here is my response to T-Bone

T-Bone, you wrote:

An interesting phrase:  “reaching no further”  

Spoken as if I enrolled for training or therapy here. LoL  You don’t understand the timeline I am on.  I went through the phases you folks are going through still, here, now.  I attended a live, face-to-face version of GreaseSpot in July 1987 when Ralph D visited San Diego.  I have reported on this often; maybe you never read it, because of YOUR confirmation bias toward “diagnosing” me.

I first saw the Schoenheit Paper there, then. Went through great anguish and mental struggles. They lasted years.  I worked it out. 

Somehow, don’t ask me how, I went through a lot of garbage and struggles related these things decades ahead of you folks. When I post these things they are glossed over and ignored. That’s ok.  I’m used to it.

You are scoring and rating me as if I came here for help, a deluded refugee.  I will not play that game, nor submit to your cautions that I “need to make progress here, or seek help elsewhere.”   LoL  That is your confirmation bias speaking.

*/*/*/*/*/*

You consistently exhibit a tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports the and PFAL…Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills.

Let me repeat a parts of my story you may have not processed.  My “high regard for Wierwille  has been a roller coaster.  I applied ALL SORTS of critical thinking towards that man over the decades.  Some years I was more accepting of everything he taught, and other years I was far less accepting. It went way up and way down.  Lots and lots of critical thinking. I was trained in science and math and have the skills.

I also opine here often of the times and situations where turning off critical thinking is good for a number of things. That could be a whole thread in itself. 

*/*/*/*

Another part of my story is that in 1998 things changed for me for a number of reasons. At that time I was also watching my 50th birthday approaching. I had been searching all my life, and it was dawning on me that all that I have found and sorted through with my critical thinking skills, needed to be applied to life more.  I had found SO MUCH, and I thought that the second half of my life, should I reach 100, should no longer be devoted to searching for the truth, for more truths, but to applying the truths God had blessed me in love to others in love. That’s the only valid reason to search for the truth: is to apply love to others in truth.

Everything in my life pointed NOT to Wierwille, but to the collaterals, as the only solid thing I had found.  So I ended my search.  I closed my mind. I know that freaks a lot of people out, but everyone does it in fits of emotion.  What I did is I closed my mind on very specific issues only, under very controlled and deliberate conditions, after many years of collecting and sorting various truths.

I’ve been honest and up front about this here, that written PFAL is my only rule for faith and practice, and that it, of course includes the Bible.

No matter how often or how specific I am about this limitation, written PFAL, everyone here will forget it and see in their minds me idolizing VPW, the man.  I am constantly correcting people on this.  How many times now have I corrected YOU on this, that my “high regard for Wierwille” is a fiction you hold in your mind constantly, no matter how many times I tell you, no, it’s wrong, it’s just written PFAL that is special to me.

How many days will you go before you are posting again that I idolize VPW in some way?  Let’s count.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Actually, I am very much aware that my posts reflect that false impression to those who’s bias filters out critical information in my posts, as I described above. I have to constantly fight the false impressions and misrepresentations of my positions here. 

You folks are as unconsciously set in your ways, as I am consciously (since 1998) set in my ways.

Fact and fiction often depend on the wording and the perspective and the bias filters. You are trying to sound authoritative in your recommendation, as if you have objectively diagnosed my problem for not taking up your anti-idol.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

If you are not conscious that you often turn a blind eye to the infamous moral depravity of wierwille – perhaps it means your conscience has been cauterized by the hypocritical and callous nature of wierwille / PFAL.

Round two of your diagnosis.  More like another swing and a miss in a boxing round.

I am TOTALLY conscious of turning a blind eye to….   YOUR REPORTS of evil elsewhere and at other times.  Get the emphasis?

And when I say “your” I mean pretty much every active poster, in varying degrees.

My blind eye is towards your whole perspective when you listen to a whistle blower’s account, a true victim’s account.

My blind eye is towards your whole regurgitation of same, with your added embellishments, distortions, delusions, allusions, implications, bias, hate, etc.

My blind eye is towards your every thought as to what do we do about the many unfortunate acts of the flesh that happened over many decades.

My blind eye is towards your suggest actions and attitudes I should take in your solutions to the problems of more than 38 years ago.

My blind eye is towards your anti-idle model of VPW as pure evil and no good. I refuse to fall down that devilish hole. Everyone has a heart that is desperately evil above all things. Every believe has holy spirit which cannot sin, and I chose to celebrate that, and magnify THAT about every believer, while you do the opposite. I will not succumb to the ill mind you have succumbed to.  I turn a blind eye to your representations of these problems, but I do not turn a blind eye to the problems.  My solutions are different than your solutions.

*/*/*/*

My solutions do not include dumping the collaterals from my life.

My solutions do include getting the Schoenheit paper aired by TWI-4.

My solutions do include discussing possible strategies for writing an unvarnished history that would include the Schoenheit paper.

I find it odd that the Schoenheit paper is not often discussed here. I have my hunches.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Maybe be honest during self-examination – something we should all do periodically in the way of  Matthew 7

I agree, but again at least 20 years ahead of that suggestion. VPW’s last magazine article has an amazing section I call a “Spiritual Makeover” that is all about self-examination of everything believed.

I first ran across this urging for self-examination about 15 years late, in the year 2000.   But I was an expert at already, from my RC childhood.  I had really latched onto Confession every Saturday. I had my favorite priests, and considered them counsellors.  I even went back and witnessed to my last confessor.  Self-examination I did a couple times day sometimes, if not once a week.  You could say I was very religious about self-examination.  I still do it.

*/*/*/*/*/*

In the 17 years that I have been coming to Grease Spot Café and getting to know your ‘mystifying’ and shape-shifting viewpoint, I suspect there’s more issues than meets the eye – I’m just not sure what they are.

How COULD you ever be sure!? 

I have had and still do a VERY odd life.  You can not even approach what I’ve been through and accomplished and failed at. No clue. There’s no way you could believe it all. I already strained credibility with my true stories of my many adventures.  Maybe I should numb you out with a list someday? Maybe then you’d quit trying to figure me out and just listen a little.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Any reasonable person comparing the thought content of your posts and most other Grease Spotters is more likely to come away with the thought that you are utterly confused –

Yes, any reasonable person with the same perspectives and negative bias as yours, like almost all the active posters at this time, would think I am confused. HOWEVER, if unlike you, they were to carefully read my posts, and put things together with no ego influences (like always happen here on stage), then THOSE reasonable persons may find I am not so confused.   

*/*/*/*/*

exemplifying how detrimental to one’s cognitive skills wierwille / PFAL can be if that is one’s only rule for faith and practice.  

There it is again: you mixing my only rule (collaterals) with all the teachings of weirwille.   I was complaining about this above.  It is so deep in your bias you probably cannot get this straight.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

There is no denying you have some deeply entrenched attitudes that encourage others to accept wierwille and PFAL without serious questions.

FALSE !  I am well aware of the need to ask all kinds of questions.  If I saw someone doing that accepting “wierwille and PFAL without serious questions,”   I would be alarmed as I was when I saw that very thing in the 1970s and 80s.   YOU may have lived your early ministry life that way, but I did not. I asked OODLES of questions. People would laugh at me when I pulled out my latest list of questions. VPW didn’t laugh when he saw it at Rock’72.  I was very suspicious and careful.

If I see someone jump into PFAL fast with no questions I know they can jump out just as fast.  I have seen this a lot being a twig leader twice.

*//*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

The purpose of this website demands a rational response to such nonsense.

I want to assume that rational response includes a very carefully selected set of initial assumptions and acceptable procedures. Most people do not consciously select what they love the most. It is mostly happenstance and emotions that guide major life attitudes.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

I make it a big deal to separate myself from anyone’s corruption that I see first-hand.   

I find your reports of those flaws in VPW totally untrustworthy. I said that before. I do not recognize your ability to sort through all this mess, let alone make a final judgment on VPW, and certainly not to suggest to me that I alter my work with the collaterals.

I do seek solutions to the problems he left behind, even though I disagree with your embellishments of them.  Even in their mitigated, realistic descriptions they are a problem that demands some kind of action.

I tool action when these problems came up in my twig in 1980, and reported that our action as a twig was to bang out an amateur version of the Schoenheit Paper on Adultery, 6 years before he did his.

I am WAY ahead of you guys on dealing with this. My methods and attitudes differ.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Once again you lump together what I carefully keep separate. 

I built my faith on that roller coaster I mentioned earlier all thru the 70s and 80s.  I finally separated out the collaterals in 1998, after my faith had been built thru applying the PFAL keys to my Bible.  I worked it out with God what to do.  I simply committed to what I had learned and to helping others with it.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

-Yes, so choose wisely what is most precious by what takes up our most precious time and attention.  Me: the collaterals.  You?   The anti-idol, pure evil guy you like thinking and typing about for lots  and lots of your time? 

The First John Epistle ends urging us to guard against idols, which are time soakers that take us away from meditating on God and His Son via His written Word.

Mike said: An interesting phrase:  “reaching no further”  

Spoken as if I enrolled for training or therapy here. LoL  You don’t understand the timeline I am on.  I went through the phases you folks are going through still, here, now.  I attended a live, face-to-face version of GreaseSpot in July 1987 when Ralph D visited San Diego.  I have reported on this often; maybe you never read it, because of YOUR confirmation bias toward “diagnosing” me.

I first saw the Schoenheit Paper there, then. Went through great anguish and mental struggles. They lasted years.  I worked it out. 

Somehow, don’t ask me how, I went through a lot of garbage and struggles related these things decades ahead of you folks. When I post these things they are glossed over and ignored. That’s ok.  I’m used to it.

You are scoring and rating me as if I came here for help, a deluded refugee.  I will not play that game, nor submit to your cautions that I “need to make progress here, or seek help elsewhere.”   LoL  That is your confirmation bias speaking.

T-Bone’s response: fine...choose your rut wisely – you may be stuck in it for a loooooong loooooooong time.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: Let me repeat a parts of my story you may have not processed.  My “high regard for Wierwille”  has been a roller coaster.  I applied ALL SORTS of critical thinking towards that man over the decades.  Some years I was more accepting of everything he taught, and other years I was far less accepting. It went way up and way down.  Lots and lots of critical thinking. I was trained in science and math and have the skills.

*/*/*/*

Another part of my story is that in 1998 things changed for me for a number of reasons. At that time I was also watching my 50th birthday approaching. I had been searching all my life, and it was dawning on me that all that I have found and sorted through with my critical thinking skills, needed to be applied to life more.  I had found SO MUCH, and I thought that the second half of my life, should I reach 100, should no longer be devoted to searching for the truth, for more truths, but to applying the truths God had blessed me in love to others in love. That’s the only valid reason to search for the truth: is to apply love to others in truth.

Everything in my life pointed NOT to Wierwille, but to the collaterals, as the only solid thing I had found.  So I ended my search.  I closed my mind. I know that freaks a lot of people out, but everyone does it in fits of emotion.  What I did is I closed my mind on very specific issues only, under very controlled and deliberate conditions, after many years of collecting and sorting various truths.

No matter how often or how specific I am about this limitation, written PFAL, everyone here will forget it and see in their minds me idolizing VPW, the man.  I am constantly correcting people on this.  How many times now have I corrected YOU on this, that my “high regard for Wierwille” is a fiction you hold in your mind constantly, no matter how many times I tell you, no, it’s wrong, it’s just written PFAL that is special to me.

How many days will you go before you are posting again that I idolize VPW in some way?  Let’s count.

T-Bone’s response:  In the beginning were the collaterals...

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Mike said: Actually, I am very much aware that my posts reflect that false impression to those who’s bias filters out critical information in my posts, as I described above. I have to constantly fight the false impressions and misrepresentations of my positions here. 

You folks are as unconsciously set in your ways, as I am consciously (since 1998) set in my ways.

T-Bone’s response:  Is the following statement fact or fiction? God said to wierwille He would teach him the Word like it had not been known since the 1st century.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: Round two of your diagnosis.  More like another swing and a miss in a boxing round.

I am TOTALLY conscious of turning a blind eye to….   YOUR REPORTS of evil elsewhere and at other times.  Get the emphasis?

My blind eye is towards your whole perspective when you listen to a whistle blower’s account, a true victim’s account.

My blind eye is towards your whole regurgitation of same, with your added embellishments, distortions, delusions, allusions, implications, bias, hate, etc.

My blind eye is towards your every thought as to what do we do about the many unfortunate acts of the flesh that happened over many decades.

My blind eye is towards your suggest actions and attitudes I should take in your solutions to the problems of more than 38 years ago.

My blind eye is towards your anti-idle model of VPW as pure evil and no good. I refuse to fall down that devilish hole. Everyone has a heart that is desperately evil above all things. Every believe has holy spirit which cannot sin, and I chose to celebrate that, and magnify THAT about every believer, while you do the opposite. I will not succumb to the ill mind you have succumbed to.  I turn a blind eye to your representations of these problems, but I do not turn a blind eye to the problems.  My solutions are different than your solutions.

My solutions do not include dumping the collaterals from my life.

My solutions do include getting the Schoenheit paper aired by TWI-4.

T-Bone’s response: Geez Louise ! You have like six blind eyes?!?! Do you ever hear your window cleaning customers complain “hey, Mike – you missed a few spots – and look at those streaks there, there, there, there…”

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: I agree, but again at least 20 years ahead of that suggestion. VPW’s last magazine article has an amazing section I call a “Spiritual Makeover” that is all about self-examination of everything believed.

I first ran across this urging for self-examination about 15 years late, in the year 2000.   But I was an expert at already, from my RC childhood.  I had really latched onto Confession every Saturday. I had my favorite priests, and considered them counsellors.  I even went back and witnessed to my last confessor.  Self-examination I did a couple times day sometimes, if not once a week.  You could say I was very religious about self-examination.  I still do it.

T-Bone’s response: wierwille should have received the devil’s lifetime achievement award for the greatest  false teacher cover-up ever …Accepting the award for the dead cult-leader is Mike.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: How COULD you ever be sure!? 

I have had and still do a VERY odd life.  You can not even approach what I’ve been through and accomplished and failed at. No clue. There’s no way you could believe it all. I already strained credibility with my true stories of my many adventures.  Maybe I should numb you out with a list someday? Maybe then you’d quit trying to figure me out and just listen a little.

T-Bone’s response: Already figured you out – and news flash, I don’t listen to trolls.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: Yes, any reasonable person with the same perspectives and negative bias as yours, like almost all the active posters at this time, would think I am confused. HOWEVER, if unlike you, they were to carefully read my posts, and put things together with no ego influences (like always happen here on stage), then THOSE reasonable persons may find I am not so confused.   

T-Bone’s response:     I’m not alarmed

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: There it is again: you mixing my only rule (collaterals) with all the teachings of weirwille.   I was complaining about this above.  It is so deep in your bias you probably cannot get this straight.

T-Bone’s response: You keep moving the goal posts – such an obvious troll move.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Mike said: FALSE !  I am well aware of the need to ask all kinds of questions.  If I saw someone doing that accepting “wierwille and PFAL without serious questions,”   I would be alarmed as I was when I saw that very thing in the 1970s and 80s.   YOU may have lived your early ministry life that way, but I did not. I asked OODLES of questions. People would laugh at me when I pulled out my latest list of questions. VPW didn’t laugh when he saw it at Rock’72.  I was very suspicious and careful.

If I see someone jump into PFAL fast with no questions I know they can jump out just as fast.  I have seen this a lot being a twig leader twice.

T-Bone’s responseI've seen things you wouldn't believe

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: I want to assume that rational response includes a very carefully selected set of initial assumptions and acceptable procedures. Most people do not consciously select what they love the most. It is mostly happenstance and emotions that guide major life attitudes.

T-Bone’s response:   Is that the best answer the Hive  can come up with?

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: I make it a big deal to separate myself from anyone’s corruption that I see first-hand.   

I do seek solutions to the problems he left behind, even though I disagree with your embellishments of them.  Even in their mitigated, realistic descriptions they are a problem that demands some kind of action.

T-Bone’s responseThe dirty secrets…you can't hide them all !

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: Once again you lump together what I carefully keep separate. 

I built my faith on that roller coaster I mentioned earlier all thru the 70s and 80s.  I finally separated out the collaterals in 1998, after my faith had been built thru applying the PFAL keys to my Bible.  I worked it out with God what to do.  I simply committed to what I had learned and to helping others with it.

T-Bone’s response: to wierwille be the glory…make collaterals great again

~ ~ ~ ~

Mike said: Yes, so choose wisely what is most precious by what takes up our most precious time and attention.  Me: the collaterals.  You?   The anti-idol, pure evil guy you like thinking and typing about for lots  and lots of your time? 

T-Bone’s response: do you know what you need? you need a jump to concussions mat  

Edited by T-Bone
fix dem U Tubers

7 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

T-Bone’s response:  Is the following statement fact or fiction? God said to wierwille He would teach him the Word like it had not been known since the 1st century.

GREAT SCOTT! You write too fast.

I only read your post as far as I quoted so far.

I do not know if that is accurate fact or approximate fact.

If you want to talk about weather reports, I will refer you to reams of text of mine in the archives on weather and the resolution of reports. I went down that rabbit hole enough years ago.

I lean towards accurate fact, but it's not that important a distinction to me. What is important to me is the heart idea, and its fulfillment.

It is not in the collaterals, that is for sure. 

I wonder if VPW had a chance to see the galleys on that very much much. He always went over things with his name on it many times before printing. That book was comparatively out of his hands.

I don't know if his memory in his conversation with Elena Whiteside was accurate that day, because they were driving around in a car. Maybe he was driving?  Not sure.   I imagine she was busy operating the tape recorder, and he knew the area for driving.

Memory is a funny thing. It is so interesting I have done experiments with mine.  I did one today, testing my memory against the PFAL book of the strict contextual limitations on the "badness" of sincerity and feelings.

One reason I lean toward accurate fact is we have that earlier 1965 tape transcript, with fresher memories in VPW's head by 5 or 6 years.  Both accounts agree well in heart, AS EXPRESSED.  

So, with memory and expression distortions considered to be minimal, I still like quoting from both sources the 1942 Promise's reality, and rate it as fact, BECAUSE of the immense benefit I got and saw others get. 

If you want to try and take from me the HOT movement of the Word I saw with my own eyes, I will take you by the hand through several of Ralph D’s testimonies here in the archives of what he saw on Long Island, next to Rye, in the early 1970s. We were running classes and loving it all.

We saw the Word like it had not been known since the First Century!  We saw the practical fulfillment of the factual 1942 Promise in the mid-1970s.  What we saw was a fact.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

If youbwant to try and take from me the HOT movement of the Word I saw with my own eyes

The sad part is he's not taking it from you, your taking it from you.

You come to a site set up to expose the evil part of the Way spouting off about all the supposed good it did and what do you expect?

will take you by the hand through several of Ralph D’s testimonies here in the archives of what he saw on Long Island, next to Rye, in the early 1970s. We were running classes and loving it all.

You forgot to tell the rest of the story. Where did Ralph D  eventually wind up? Doing what?

We saw the Word like it had not been known since the First Century!  We saw the practical fulfillment of the factual 1942 Promise in the mid-1970s.  What we saw was a fact.

There was no word during the first century. no gospels. So either the 1942 promise is false or God doesn't know anything about His own book.

Edited by So_crates

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

GREAT SCOTT! You write too fast.

I only read your post as far as I quoted so far.

I do not know if that is accurate fact or approximate fact.

If you want to talk about weather reports, I will refer you to reams of text of mine in the archives on weather and the resolution of reports. I went down that rabbit hole enough years ago.

I lean towards accurate fact, but it's not that important a distinction to me. What is important to me is the heart idea, and its fulfillment.

It is not in the collaterals, that is for sure. 

I wonder if VPW had a chance to see the galleys on that very much much. He always went over things with his name on it many times before printing. That book was comparatively out of his hands.

I don't know if his memory in his conversation with Elena Whiteside was accurate that day, because they were driving around in a car. Maybe he was driving?  Not sure.   I imagine she was busy operating the tape recorder, and he knew the area for driving.

Memory is a funny thing. It is so interesting I have done experiments with mine.  I did one today, testing my memory against the PFAL book of the strict contextual limitations on the "badness" of sincerity and feelings.

One reason I lean toward accurate fact is we have that earlier 1965 tape transcript, with fresher memories in VPW's head by 5 or 6 years.  Both accounts agree well in heart, AS EXPRESSED.  

So, with memory and expression distortions considered to be minimal, I still like quoting from both sources the 1942 Promise's reality, and rate it as fact, BECAUSE of the immense benefit I got and saw others get. 

If you want to try and take from me the HOT movement of the Word I saw with my own eyes, I will take you by the hand through several of Ralph D’s testimonies here in the archives of what he saw on Long Island, next to Rye, in the early 1970s. We were running classes and loving it all.

zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ :sleep1: ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Look seeing people censor information is nothing new.  On the exmormon Reddit there are multiple accounts on a weekly basis of families whose kids bring up the facts in cesletters and the families shut them down refusing to even look at the facts.  The Q15 has adequately convinced people that due to the superstition they injected that the facts on that website are somehow tainted because the source hasn’t been approved by leadership.

So superstition keeping people blind is actually an age old tactic.  Call some element “evil” or “hate based” and then it is a rationalization to not consider the facts involved.

Oh and then VP covered that too teaching that facts are man made but spiritual truth is God made.

Look VP was part good part evil like any man.  Due to his narcissistic nature though he built things up around himself.  He grew entitled, enjoyed “the good life” based on a wild spending of other people’s money including motor coaches and airplanes.  The big airplane was never really needed.

Then it fell apart but left a nest egg that other lowlifes have latched onto and created a system and organization to keep them living “the good life”.

But the problem is that to keep that going on they had to whitewash the image of VP.  It is very clear in human nature that crimes of cover up often easily exceed the original crimes in magnitude.  So cover up the adultery the lying and stealing and the unstable prima donna behavior.

So TWI 4 is basically 3 generations of covering up the “1942 promise” and has led to greater and greater evil impact just due to the nature of the original.

And they are 100% blind keeping the same tactics as ever with sales professionals at the top setting sales goals for volunteers and then all the little hamsters on all the little wheels running their little hearts out to “run another class and double the numbers by each one reach one”.

So no all the people who gave up their youth pursuing a previous version of that coverup story aren’t keen to sacrifice another round of suffering for nostalgia sake.

This one is more keen to keep distance and keep telling the truth regardless of the exercising hamsters.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Ahhh...I see says the blind man...your problems' with the way corps stem from you being bullied by way corps. Holding a grudge I see...