GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

3 hours ago, waysider said:

Green was for FellowLaborers. 

You younger grads need to pay attention. Sheesh!

Our state did the registration tent.  I remember red is WOW.  But then there was white, green or yellow and blue.  I think blue was advanced class and white was no class . .

Yeah getting fuzzy.

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Also, their statement hits me as if they are trying to subliminally radicalize for what I don’t know     – “eager to stand with resolve” “ready to prevail with power from on high” …to me it’s the same old hype…get followers psyched to fight windmills…they’re still blowing smoke up everyone’s a$$es, they don’t even have power to prevail over boredom…eager to stand with resolve = drink our Kool-Aid and stand with resolve on top of the rug – under which we swept all our past and present shenanigans. :evilshades:

I agree that those phrases could be seen as being radical.  In reality, I don’t think “their spiritual power” amounts to more than a tap on the shoulder.  Here's another phrase that stands out to me:

“First and foremost, we each enjoy the fellowship with our heavenly Father. Then in God’s household we enjoy the fellowship of one another AS FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST who are eager to stand with resolve, ready to help one another, ready to pray with and for one another, and ready to prevail with power from on high.

This phrase could explain why they left Christ out of their first sentence.

It ties in with their "you replace the absent Christ" doctrine.  The phrase "as faithful followers of our Lord Jesus Christ" sounds so Christian-like yet in this case, I think twi corruptly uses these words to justify how they replace the absent Christ here on earth.  So if each one replaces the absent Christ, then by simply having fellowship with one another, they can argue they are having fellowship with Christ.  It's a cunningly devised fable in order to corrupt the meaning of Christianity which is to have personal fellowship with Christ himself.

Edited by Charity

2 hours ago, Charity said:

.... the meaning of Christianity which is to have personal fellowship with Christ himself.

Could you please elaborate on this.  If this is the MEANING of Christianity, then you should have LOTS of scriptures on it.  Could you please supply those scriptures that detail this  PERSONAL relationship with Christ HIMSELF.

I'd like to see where you get this meaning of Christianity from, and what is our responsibility in building such a relationship.    How does one CONDUCT such a relationship?  

Would SIT fit into this somewhere?

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I'm no expert, but shouldn't there be more than one?

What I have often seen, when people (including x-Way) go off the deep end on having a relationship with Christ himself.   A stupid relationship is what I usually see out in the open, and are silly things like tattoos and clothing displaying his name and face, wearing big crucifixes in plain sight, saving a place at the dinner table for Jesus to sit, talking to him as if he was in the room, pretending to hear Jesus respond to talk/prayers like that, exhibiting swooning emotional body language, speaking to and of him with verbal intonations similar to being "in love."

I'd call all that a phony relationship with Christ.

A genuine relationship with Christ is to study what his attitudes and standards are and adopting them.  Representing Christ for those who can't yet "see" him gives us a great way to "relate" to him in this relationship. Imitating the love of Christ is what I see written for our relationship with Christ.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Could you please elaborate on this.  If this is the MEANING of Christianity, then you should have LOTS of scriptures on it.  Could you please supply those scriptures that detail this  PERSONAL relationship with Christ HIMSELF.

I'd like to see where you get this meaning of Christianity from, and what is our responsibility in building such a relationship.    How does one CONDUCT such a relationship?  

Relax Mike, I was using the word "personal" as meaning intimate.  Intimate is a synonym for the word personal.  According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary,  "intimate" has several meanings.  Here are a few: 

1a : marked by a warm friendship developing through long association
intimate friends

2: of a very personal or private nature
intimate secrets

3: marked by very close association, contact, or familiarity
intimate knowledge of the law

Does that make more sense to you?  If not, I can explain.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

What I have often seen, when people (including x-Way) go off the deep end on having a relationship with Christ himself.   A stupid relationship is what I usually see out in the open, and are silly things like tattoos and clothing displaying his name and face, wearing big crucifixes in plain sight, saving a place at the dinner table for Jesus to sit, talking to him as if he was in the room, pretending to hear Jesus respond to talk/prayers like that, exhibiting swooning emotional body language, speaking to and of him with verbal intonations similar to being "in love."

A genuine relationship with Christ is to study what his attitudes and standards are and adopting them.  Representing Christ for those who can't yet "see" him gives us a great way to "relate" to him in this relationship. Imitating the love of Christ is what I see written for our relationship with Christ.

Why do you choose the word, "imitating"?  Imitate writtings?

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

What kind of relationship did the writers of the New Testament have with Jesus that enabled them to write these books?

9 minutes ago, Charity said:

Relax Mike, I was using the word "personal" as meaning intimate.  Intimate is a synonym for the word personal.  According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary,  "intimate" has several meanings.  Here are a few: 

1a : marked by a warm friendship developing through long association
intimate friends

2: of a very personal or private nature
intimate secrets

3: marked by very close association, contact, or familiarity
intimate knowledge of the law

Does that make more sense to you?  If not, I can explain.

That looks much better than the phony type of relationship I have seen people adopt, and just mentioned above.

HOWEVER, wouldn't you say that was the kind of relationship the apostles had with him before the Ascension?  I would.  But God upgraded that on Pentecost with a BETTER kind of relationship, that of an ambassador. 

I think we ought to accept the kind of ambassador relationship we have been given and that Paul exhibits for our learning.  When Christ returns we can have the intimate, personal, parousia relationship as a bonus.

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes this is where you take the VPW idol out of the “Lord” status in your life and instead substitute the real model the true Lord Jesus Christ in for the fake model.

Then you start sounding like a Christian and not like a broken record of plagiarized illogic. Then you will be truly free from “welcome home” postcards.

Then you won’t have problems understanding how the 10 commandments kind of dovetail into a modern Christian lifestyle without the need for whitewash and a shoehorn.

4 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes this is where you take the VPW idol out of the “Lord” status in your life and instead substitute the real model the true Lord Jesus Christ in for the fake model.

That is a great suggestion.  Maybe Mike would be able to connect to this.  So just as he walks and talks with twi leaders, he does the same with his Lord and Savior.  But this is impossible unless one gets rid of the "great principle" in their lives.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just now, OldSkool said:

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Also, I have a long list of scriptures primarily from Acts showing Jesus Christ himself personally interacting with a variety of people in Acts. You refuse to discuss them on the absent Christ thread but come over here to derail this mess of a thread even further.

I'll say it: scripture does direct us to a personal relationship with Christ. I listed a bunch of scriptures yet you won't respond to them. Once more you show your true colors as a bullshonta artist.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

I'm no expert, but shouldn't there be more than one?

Yes.  We've all agreed JC should be in that TWI-4 blurb.

PLUS there is STILL another fellowship (from 1 John 1)  that no one but me mentions: we fellowship with John and the apostles who wrote the Word for us to believe on Jesus.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

we fellowship with John and the apostles

No we dont they are dead. Obviously when the letter was penned it was written by somebody alive and addressed to people who were alive at the time. Have you forgotten that your fader in da verd said the Word is an eternal now?

Furthermore, I have quoted that verse copiously.