GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Okay, here's something.  I'm pretty sure that by now most people have heard of the "27 club".  It's a reference to any musicians that have passed away at the age of 27.  The roots of the club began when a series of rock n' roll musicians all died within a two year period and sparked the beginning of keeping track of the  27 club members.  But any musician of any genre could be included.  Give me the names of SIX member musicians who are in the club.  Any style of music applies.  For the most part, many of these members were (and still are) rock legends.

One guideline to add, this could have literally anyone who is not so famous from the likes of the latest K-pop sensational singer or the latest greatest 'who's who' in the latest group to come on the scene, so I want to put a cap on it that applies to only members who died before 2012.

42 minutes ago, Raf said:

I can only name 5

Looks like you are going to have to come up with another one then Raf if you want to win the round .  Since I took an interest in looking deeper into this I was able to find nine famous rock musicians.  So I think six is a fair number.  Other lists I've looked up have now included actors and artists like Jean-Michel Basquiat.  The history website has 10 in their list but of course Rolling Stone has too many to count.   Come on guys you may or may not have grown up in this Woodstock Generation as I did but anyone with a little of bit of thought should be able to come up with these names.  Very FAMOUS artists.

Edited by Human without the bean

36 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Very famous, perhaps, but not necessarily their ages at death.

George

Would you consider Otis Redding famous George?  He died three months early from making it on this list.  So yes, very famous in music culture.

3 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

So I think six is a fair number.  Other lists I've looked up have now included actors and artists like Jean-

And maybe I don't want to be fair anymore.  I think I'm going back to wanting seven names.  Sorry.  My trivia so I figure I've got the right to set up the rules.  So again, I asking for seven names now, not six.  And Raf, I guess you'll now have to come up with two more.

Edited by Human without the bean

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

You missed my point.  I know who Otis Redding was.  I have no idea how old he was when he died.  In fact, if I had to guess, I would have thought he was much older.  I imagine I'll recognize everyone on your list.  That doesn't mean I know that they were 27 at death.

George

Thanks for clearing that up then George.

Hey let's start again.  I got frustrated because I didn't think that I would have to be so involved explaining stuff about the answers to this trivia question.  Sorry.  And so that others here , who may wish to respond to this I'm sorry also.  This is what's at stake.  

On 9/14/2023 at 11:18 PM, Human without the bean said:

I'm pretty sure that by now most people have heard of the "27 club".  It's a reference to any musicians that have passed away at the age of 27.  The roots of the club began when a series of rock n' roll musicians all died within a two year period and sparked the beginning of keeping track of the "27 club" members.  But any musician of any genre could be included.  Give me the names of SIX member musicians who are in the club.  Any style of music applies but for the most part, MOST of these members were (and still are) rock legends.  [Some edits made]

It should be to obvious to anyone who is familiar with the 60's rock n' roll era (but in this question is not exclusive to) that, after "Woodstock" there were three very well known musicians or the Big Three J's who can be added to this list.  There you go then, that gets players have way there.  Another member can be included from the concert "Woodstock" also if that helps.

31 minutes ago, Raf said:

JJ

JM

JH

KC

AW

That's it for me

That's kind of what I figured you had Raf, and I didn't want to make it too easy so that's why I'm asking for the sixth one.  Interestingly to me, I found out another 27 yr. old died and she just happened to be the wife PM of JM.  But she was not a musician.   The clue about the other singer at Woodstock would give you the round if you somehow knew it.  I'm hoping WordWolf or redrocks and blues can chime in, I'd like to give them a chance to post. 

You got it.  Brian Jones was the first to go of what has been come to be known today as the "27 club". That's six of them.  Did you come up with that guess Raf, out of the blue or what?  Because I was thinking of leaving a clue about him.  The singer I referred to from Woodstock was ~ Canned Heat's~ lead singer Alan Wilson. He died a year after Jimi Hendrix, but like I said,  he was another performer who died at age 27 from the Woodstock concert bands along with Hendricks and Joplin.  The Big Three J's of course I referenced were Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison.  Two more singers I have on my list were Rockin Robin Roberts of "The Wailers" a guy from 50s and 60's band from the Pacific Northwest, and Mia Zapata a singer from a Seattle based Punk band known as "The Gits" who was murdered in 1993 and remained unsolved until 2003.  A kind of a coincidence I suppose, I remember reading in high school about both the deaths of Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin in the same cafe in the newspaper.  How strange I thought.

People just aren't buying music CDs the way they used to.

In 2016, Beyonce was the number 4 music artist in the U.S. in terms of CDs sold.

Number 3 was Adele.

Number 2 was Drake.

Who was Number 1?

Edited by Raf

1 hour ago, Raf said:

People just aren't buying music CDs the way they used to.

In 2016, Beyonce was the number 4 music artist in the U.S. in terms of CDs sold.

Number 3 was Adele.

Number 2 was Drake.

Who was Number 1?

Bruno Mars?