GreaseSpot Cafe

Wayberry

So_crates

Wayberry, like Mayberry, is a fictional, idealized place that doesn't exist in reality. It's patroled by Saint Vic, sheriff, and his nervous deputy, the Forehead.

Mrs. Weirwille, Saint Vic's wife, often invites new guest in Wayberry over for her fried chicken, biscuits, and fried apple pie.

5 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Mrs. Weirwille, Saint Vic's wife, often invites new guest in Wayberry over for her fried chicken, biscuits, and fried apple pie.

Serious question: Did Mrs. W. really cook fried chicken, biscuits and fried apple pie? Was she Southern?

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Serious question: Did Mrs. W. really cook fried chicken, biscuits and fried apple pie? Was she Southern?

She cooked southern food no more than Saint Vic was sheriff. I was trying to extend the metaphor to Mayberry by comparing Mrs. Weirwille to Aunt Bea.

3 minutes ago, So_crates said:

She cooked southern food no more than Saint Vic was sheriff. I was trying to extend the metaphor to Mayberry by comparing Mrs. Weirwille to Aunt Bea.

Right. I recognize the metaphor and the parody... was just trying to beleeeeve for a bit of realism.... guess I just can't beleeeve big enough....

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Right. I recognize the metaphor and the parody... was just trying to beleeeeve for a bit of realism.... guess I just can't beleeeve big enough....

I figure if Saint Vic can claim he invented fast food but something happened an to remind him of it the devil turned his last name initial upside down and it became the McDonald's logo, then I guess we can turn the Mayberry initial upside down and make it Wayberry.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Allegedly, she made pie.  vpw mentioned that in pfal when he made his rambling analogy by way of "explaining" ortho tomonta, or "right cutting." Supposedly, she cut her pies so precisely there were no larger pieces for him to claim.

Seriously? :jump:

9 hours ago, So_crates said:

I figure if Saint Vic can claim he invented fast food but something happened an to remind him of it the devil turned his last name initial upside down and it became the McDonald's logo, then I guess we can turn the Mayberry initial upside down and make it Wayberry.

Bible interpretation DIY fast food?  Spiritual fast food?  I’ll take a #3 McPLAF combo with no commentaries except VPs. In-n-out Jesus.

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Seriously? :jump:

You forgot?   He said that she cut the pie, then, as head of the house, he got to pick the first piece, so he'd examine the pie to look for the biggest piece. However, she'd always cut the pie so precisely that the pieces were all the correct number and all of them were the same size.

As he's been shown to be a big, fat liar most of the time, I'd question whether this happened.  However, he definitely said it.  People later used the same example whenever discussing "rightly dividing" - "Just like one of Mrs Wierwille's pies."

3 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

You forgot?   He said that she cut the pie, then, as head of the house, he got to pick the first piece, so he'd examine the pie to look for the biggest piece. However, she'd always cut the pie so precisely that the pieces were all the correct number and all of them were the same size.

As he's been shown to be a big, fat liar most of the time, I'd question whether this happened.  However, he definitely said it.  People later used the same example whenever discussing "rightly dividing" - "Just like one of Mrs Wierwille's pies."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_choose

I had to do that as a kid (one cut, the other chooses) . . . hoping the idea didn't come from VPW worship.

2 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_choose

I had to do that as a kid (one cut, the other chooses) . . . hoping the idea didn't come from VPW worship.

Knowing vpw, I'm sure he'd say he invented the thing.  Naturally, someone else did, and vpw took whatever credit he could.  Standard M.O. for vpw.

8 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Never had pflap...I came on board with the first round of Craig's way of abund...