GreaseSpot Cafe

No corps women under 35 could get pregnant?

Dot Matrix

I just read this on Grease spot's front page, it is from Karl's book "the Cult That Snapped".

I never knew this!

As Martindale's grip tightened, so did his control over every aspect of members' lives. He decreed that no Corps wife under 35 was to get pregnant. He ruled that debt was wrong and that all homeowners paying mortgages should sell their houses and move into rentals. He declared "open season" on homosexuals, and boasted of how many "homos" and "homo fantasizers" he had purged.

How did he enforce that? By condemnation and pushing people into abortions?

Gosh, what a blooming a$$ !

Dot_Matrix.gif

Dorothy Thompson:

Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.

Just to make sure we have this right:

It was no FULL TIME WAY PAY / Corps Woman under 35 was allowed to get pregnant without permission. For example, if the woman was over 35 and had no children or only one child there could be an "exception."

This was strictly a CONTROL/Financial move. If a staff woman (field or staff) DID get pregnant without permission she and her husband were more than likely dismissed from their staff

position and dropped from the corps.

OF COURSE, they were then fair game for the "twi managers" to trash their names and reputations.

What a freaking organization!

ROR

Dera Dot,

You said" He ruled that debt was wrong and that all homeowners paying mortgages should sell their houses and move into rentals."

Could you tell me which document was this in so I can read it? Thanks

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced.

Rascal icon_smile.gif:)-->,

Wait.....accidental pregnancies were not necessarily terminated. If a couple got pregnant accidentally (without permission or a dispensation from the bot/bod) the couple were more often than not terminated from their TWI paid position/corps status.

Radar

Jeff & Sherry Barney, way corps grads, (2001?), each under thirty-five (but quickly approaching that age), with a corps assignment in South Bend, Indiana (fellowship leaders) HAD THEIR FIRST CHILD, A BABY GIRL, ALYSSA GABRIELLE, in Feb. 2003 and are EXPECTING ANOTHER BAMBENO IN AUGUST, 2004.

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!

(Rev. John Shroyer married them in 1990)---It took 14 years....but......

Miracles still happen!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by IMF777:

You said" He ruled that debt was wrong and that all homeowners paying mortgages should sell their houses and move into rentals."

Could you tell me which document was this in so I can read it? Thanks

I don't know where it was documented, but I can vouch for this going on, although it wasn't just corps. Many normal people were being encouraged to sell their homes and rent a place instead, and I can think of one instance where a couple was confronted for going into debt to build their house, and it seems to have been one of the reasons for them to be M&A. I was pretty young so I don't know all of the details, but it was the house combined with the fact that the branch coordinator was rude to the elderly parents of this couple and confronted them as well. I don't know if they were M&A or chose to leave on their own, but I remember being told to avoid them if I saw them in public.

They also had a very effeminate son who I don't know if he was gay or not, but this was during the homo purges so that probably caused some conflict too.

Dear Mister P-Mosh,

The reason I asked if there was documentation of the sell the house to get out of debt edict is that in the current court case TWI claims they never said any such thing to anyone...

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc..

[This message was edited by IMF777 on February 03, 2004 at 13:06.]

The law lcm laid down about nobody getting pregnant before the age of 35 was in effect for staff women also. I knew several women who had been married for several years who were hurt over that decision.

How much the law of lcm was enforced seemed to depend on who you were or or who you were related to. I knew of one couple who got pregnant and got booted from the corps. They were full-time during lcm's mandatory full-time corps policy. One other corps couple (full-time staff and the husband the son of a well-known reg. coord) got pregnant VERY SHORTLY after getting married got lcm's blessing. They were allowed to stay on staff and in the corps. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

As far as the debt policy on not owing for a house, there should be plenty of incriminating evidence of lcm's big mouth running on sts tapes. I remember a lot of ranting about getting out of debt and selling a house if you don't own it outright around 1994. I remember people getting the boot in 1994 (and even 1995-1996) if they refused to sell their house.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

We refused to sell our house in 1995, and were told that we were material minded, of course having the big mouth I have I said when LOY sells his chalet then I will sell my house. Thay went over like lead ballon. For this and other reasons, like refusing to go in the corps, not letting them come in and inspect our house, keeping our financial affairs to ourselves, and much more, WE decided to leave and start living. I think but not sure we were M&A after we left.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

Hi Dottie,

Yes, I'm sad to report. I was at HQ during the baby boycott. I was very close to a woman who got pregnant outside of the guidelines. She and her husband arranged a meeting with her husband's department coordinator to discuss the options. She had an abortion within a week. Her husband was not too lowly on the corporate ladder either.

Eaglehouse

Wytedove Hey there. GOOD FOR YOU icon_cool.gif

Guess lcm and them don't have to worry about debt, since the ABS keeps coming in

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Abortion is wrong, no matter how you slice the pie (no direspect intended by that remark). Eagle -- how sad that happened. Who knows what a wonderful person that child could have become. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Eagle

Wow. That is awful. This is still the United States and to have people telling you when to get preggo... Gosh, if they could have regulated going to the bathroom I bet they would have...

Dot_Matrix.gif

Dorothy Thompson:

Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.

I know there was a guideline that you couldn't be pregnant and in-res in the Corps as early as 1979, because my then husband and I knew that we might have to drop out when I found out I was pregnant shortly after we arrived at Rome City.

I remember meeting with B** and D**** M******n to discuss our "dilemma." I told them I had never been pregnant and never been Corps, but I was in good health, and was willing to do my best if they would let me. I also reminded them that we were intending to be Recognized Corps and then join Staff. Looking back, that was probably the selling point in them allowing us to stay. They were very interested in having my husband's cooking skills on staff at Rome City. My being there was strictly unimportant.

In fact, BM was very disappointed when my ex got booted off of Staff for drinking. Heck, I got booted off of Staff for his drinking, so being preggers in the Corps clearly wasn't about me!

Regards,

Shaz

quote:
Gosh, if they could have regulated going to the bathroom I bet they would have...

Didn't they have to do that in Rozilla's department when she ran way pub? Seems like I heard that somewhere. I know other departments who controlled doctor appointments, hair cuts, and signing in and out to go to the bathroom. Sounds like Nazis to me.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

It is sad. Wonder how many abortions resulted as a result of this edict.

Yet, the loyalist will say, "nobody held a gun to their head." Jerks....

Way jerks.... Loyalist jerks....

Did they regulate sex? Oh yes, only married people were able to have sex with the non-marrieds to bless them anytime at all...

CULT!!!! CULT!!!!

flag.gif

quote:
In fact, BM was very disappointed when my ex got booted off of Staff for drinking.

What a shame since this Bowel Movement of whom you speak enjoys the bottle himself. Maybe he should have just given your ex tips on how to get away with it....I mean...how to be spiritual enough to handle it.