An Open Letter from Brady

Brady

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
vickles,

When you see Christ in his glory he will be holding a PFAL book in his hand and teaching you from it.

Ok Mike....focus now...really try....Put d-o-w-n the hallucinogenic mushrooms

I think even Jesus is crackin' up over that one!

You really are fooled aren't you? Oh wait! What was that favorite word...terasoed???

'Scuse my spelling...haven't paid much attention to all that Wayspeak drivel in quite a few years.

Really Mikey...you should take your act on the road...hey, maybe Terry Bradshaw would do ''pre-game'' for ya??? icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> anim-smile.gifanim-smile-blue.gif

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Well, I guess I'll jump in here again.

Mike,

After all these months you've yet to clearly define what it means to master PFAL. You repeatedly criticize the lack of mastery but the thing that defines that mastery is what is lacking.

Once again, please state, in simple terms what that means to master PFAL.

A simple definition of mastery can be found in

2 Timothy 2:15.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Here you have the how - Study; rightly divide

The what - the word of truth

The why - to shew thyself approved unto God; not to be ashamed

The who - thyself (Timothy); a workman

Now here's something I can look at to know how to master God's Word.

Interesting how much information can be contained in such a short, simple statement. Paul didn't need to write volumes to give such a concise statement.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_wink.gif;)-->JF rolls the boulder away from the cave that Mikey's been living in so that he could finallysee the light!!! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Ahem...see the ''TWI on MSNBC'' thread.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

dizzydog,

I’ve posted MUCH on what it means to master. It seems you missed it. Do you want me to post it here, again? Do you know how to do the Advanced Search feature? I can post some again, and I will, if you promise to read it carefully. It’s your call.

Your analysis is good, but incomplete in the sense that you can’t go to a store and buy a “Word of Truth” book. You can buy a man-breathed attempt to reconstruct that “all truth” which was lost in the first century, but that’s all.

dizzydog,

By the Way, the answer to your question is very simple, even including the solution to the finding that “Word of Truth” problem.

The complicated part comes in untangling all the traditional error that hides God’s solution to the loss of the originals of the Bible. That gets

"Your analysis is good, but incomplete in the sense that you can’t go to a store and buy a “Word of Truth” book. You can buy a man-breathed attempt to reconstruct that “all truth” which was lost in the first century, but that’s all."

Neither can you Mike. Of course the challenge of determining what we both consider to be the Word of God, and how God reveals to the workman what is the Word of Truth is the rub, isn't it?

The spirit of God is required to understand the things of God. This is as true now as it was in the first century church. Of course I learned that by reading Romans. I already know you think that is unreliable.

As you have pointed out, fortunately God is not bound by one specific set of writings to reveal his Word to the diligent workman.

I figured you wouldn't give an honest answer. And, based on our previous dialogue, you know as well as I how much of your writings I've read.

Sorry I even jumped in here...

One more question.

Why did VPW repeatedly encourage us to read the scriptures? And I mean specific encouragements like reading Jeremiah 50 times or The seven church epistles once a month (at least).

You get so animated about what parts of PFAL we haven't done. Are you still reading these sections of the scriptures, and at the frequency he encouraged us to read them?

Hm hm hum hum hum hm ... wha!

OH! Hi there. Uh...

I'm not sure what to post... not ready.

I didn't know the tape was running, and I'm not quite ready to post...yet.

I'll be back soon.

[This message was edited by Mike on February 06, 2004 at 0:25.]

quote:
I'm not angry or upset. Plus, I wasn't angry at you, just firm and tough with your logic.

Tough love, care of Smikeol. ... Kinda gets ya ((lightly thumping on chest)) right here, ya know? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
When I was away at work I was concerned that my getting tough with excathedra on the “Broken Logic”” thread would have gotten me banned.

Please! Do NOT tempt us like that!! icon_eek.gif

quote:
Sorry, Exy. You kinda got in the way over there and I slugged you. I’m glad you took it as well as you did. I can soften everything I said and explain why I said it. ..... (and so forth and so on, ad nauseum)

Notice folks, that NOWHERE does he come right out and apologize and admit that he might be wrong in his approach. ... Plus could someone please tell me how someone can 'get in the way' with a post on an internet message board? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> Maybe Exxie shoulda been sitting in a different chair at a different computer? Would you have missed her then Smikey?

quote:
We’ve got to make this place sparkle, sot that when Brady gets back he doesn’t even know we’ve been here. You all know the routine: we’ve got to make this place cleaner and neater than it was before we came in here.

Who wants to get out the string and line up all the crooked posts

Shoot Smikeol. All that has to be done is for YOU to leave and start up that nice shiney thread of yours, and the mess here will take care of itself.

Simple. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My own secret sign-off ====v,

Rational logic cannot have blind faith as one of its foundations.

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

Hi Abigail,

I'm not angry or upset. Plus, I wasn't angry at you, just firm and tough with your logic. Actually, I’m quite relieved about a few things.

When I was away at work I was concerned that my getting tough with excathedra on the “Broken Logic”” thread would have gotten me banned. For hours I was preparing myself to accept that fate.

Sorry, Exy. You kinda got in the way over there and I slugged you. I’m glad you took it as well as you did. I can soften everything I said and explain why I said it. However it might be a long thread. Maybe I can break it up into small modules. Believe it or not, what I did say was building up for a long time, AND I believe the content of what I said can be seen in a light of offering help, better help thay you’ve gotten so far. That might take another thread, though. Brady’s going to come back sooner or later, and I wouldn’t want him to interrupt that process.... Hmmmm ...What to do? ...What to do? ...What to do?

Abigail, It looks like I did get cut off mid-sentence above, so I need to re-construct that post. ...but where?

I think it's time for me to set up my own, very own, totally mine thread and take care of these and other loose ends.

How's about we give this thread back to Brady?

That means we’re going to have to sweep the floors, neaten up every thing, wipe away all the mess from food fights, etc. etc.

Yeah! Let’s DO it!

We’ve got to make this place sparkle, so that when Brady gets back he doesn’t even know we’ve been here. You all know the routine: we’ve got to make this place cleaner and neater than it was before we came in here.

Who wants to get out the string and line up all the crooked posts?

From Mike's post 2/5/04, 11:33am, this thread...

"WordWolf:

Thank you for the promo.

This is what I meant when I said to WhatTheHay that my detractors keep stirring the

pot so more can become aware of the Good News I'm saying.

I too was concerned that a lot of this thread would get lost to others who come in

late. You've just given the more diligent ones a reason to go back and check the

context in which I made those statements and the followups. They then can decide if

you misrepresented me in your abbreviations and in which items of my many statements

you selected. I'm not trying to convert the Bozos here, just those who are tired of

the complaining and want some answers. You and your busload of Bozos will

eventually see the writing on the wall when carloads of PFAL returnees get blessed

and start making even more noise than I do. You're just a band wagon follower,

and this one your on now one is going to end soon. You might want to start thinking

about a new outfit when these fashions change and an new handle to hide your

eventual shame (I John 2:28)."

First of all, I didn't even show up on this thread until several pages into your

diatribes. Personally, I think it's very important that new arrivals become aware

of ALL the ramifications of your posts, not just the ones that look good on tv.

I posted the dates to make it easier for them to look up the context. Your old claim

of "misrepresentation" falls hollow when I post the ENTIRE CONTENTS of your post.

(Such as your response to Vickles.) I provided the context and everything. Once

again, "misrepresented" means "showing me in an unfavourable light". Since that was

direct posts of your sans editorializing, my actual involvement in how you are

portrayed is pretty small beer. I LIKE my fellow posters to do their own thinking

and reading-I don't tell them they MUST conform to my thinking.

*counts* Four insults AFTER that. My, that ill-behooves you. Name-calling and

slandering. After all, I only report what YOU say. "Busload of Bozos"?

That particular insult was more in vogue 4 years ago during the last Presidential

campaign. "Band wagon follower"? On what bandwagon?

Confucius say: "A wise man does not concern himself with alliances, but when he

sees Right, he ranges himself alongside it."

You make it sound like there's this organized anti-Mike movement that's been

orchestrating protest-marches for years. It's just a bunch of individuals who've

read your posts and each independently said "yuck!" when they read them.

It's a bit sad to see you put yourself forth as understanding the innermost hearts

of so many of us, when the most obvious things about us elude you.

Was that REALLY the best response you could think of to what I say?

"You're a jerk, your friends are jerks, and you'll be sorry when flocks of people

validate my existence by embracing my POV."

It also sounded like you were claiming that it is misrepresentative of what you

posted to say you said Jesus IS a big ssupporter of PFAL and he told you so in one

of your many talks. Why does it irritate you that I pointed that out?

I mean, if it didn't irritate you, you would just have said "thank you" and gone

on your merry way. But you DID post that. More than once you claimed Jesus'

endorsement of PFAL, which, since your raison d'etre is to push PFAL with every

typed syllable, means you're saying Jesus endorses your post content and subject

matter. I mean, isn't this something you take pride in? Why would you NOT want

it mentioned again?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..''the Mikey Show''...kinda like watchin' a side show act, ain't it???

You know it's gonna be something really gross, but you hafta look anyway???

Personally, I give as much creedence to the drivel he utters as I would any Jerry Springer episode. Yep, his show is garbage too, and he's still around.

Until the next time the circus comes to the Cafe....

doo doo doodle doo doo doo doo doo doo...

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

-Bruce Springsteen

Mike,

You said

quote:
I admit to the condescending attitude in SOME matters, but I don’t think it’s wrong. Remember, God condescends down to the level of man to help teach in that figure of speech and in many other ways. Whey you teach a child you employ positive condescension, even though the little one sometimes doesn’t like it at the time. I’m sure when you do this in love it’s not an ego trip. Any inappropriate ego in such a case emminates from the child, not you.

The same holds when I have the truth on a matter and a reader of my posts is in error. If they WANT to learn, then they like my condescension to help them understand. If they don't want to learn their ego trip makes them think I’m on an ego trip when I’m not.

The figure of speech condescencio is NOT about God deigning to speak to man. (Wierwille should have more rightly called it Anthropopatheia, anyway, since he was talking about Greek figures of speech, not Latin ones.) It is used when human characteristics are attributed to God. Nothing more. Sheesh, you really should master your PFAL materials better!

And I don't think God would get very far if He went around insulting everyone's intelligence. You don't seem to be getting very far, either!

Mike, you THINK you "have the truth of the matter." You don't know, and to condescend to peers, not children, brings you into the modern connotation of the word "condescend," which is arrogance.

Shaz

...still groggy.

I just woke up from a long night of posting. ..yaaaaaawn...

Hey, guys! ( ...and persons) I was hoping that you’d come over to my new thread with all this stuff.

...if not for me, for pooooor Brady.

...gads I hope he isn’t a big guy!

I haven’t even checked over there yet... except to see that it wasn’t moved to the “About Mike’s Ego” forum...

Thanks Pawtucket. I’m grateful for that.

... and grateful for it not being deleted or edited down to make it a normal size.

I realize it may be the biggest thread start in history.

I owe you, Paw, for a barrel of cyber ink and reams of cyber paper.

...which means I’ll have to get to work and address most of this stuff here later.

I’m still, and always have been, grateful for the opportunity to post here, and even more when I get extreme, like that post’s length. I won’t be doing that again, posting huge continuous pages there, forcing people to develop their PgDn finger muscles.

...still groggy...

...last thing I remember is posting and editing, posting and editing, posting and editing, posting and editing,... and then my ISP broke down, so I continued editing, and editing, and editing on my work processor for later inclusion today.

I can’t remember going to bed... just posting ...

Hey! ...I’m falling back asleep... dreaming of posting, and posting, and posting.

.......Memories merging... drifting off.... no excathedra! Put down that chair! ...no, not on my posts!

...Where did you learn to do all those karate moves? ....no!... I’m sorry... I didn’t mean it..

...I’ll write out a formal apology

...ok, ok, I’ll use my real blood... just stop hitting me!

MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY !!!!

WOW! what a dream! What are all you posters doing here?

...oh yeah! It’s morning...

all I can think of is posts and posts.

...I wonder if my chewing gum lost it’s flavor on the ...

I NEED SOME COFFEE!

I’ll try to get back for a little posting before I trudge off to the salt mines.